News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on January 13, 2013, 07:33:50 PM
What do you think he is? What will he turn into?

doesn't matter
you just gotta wait for the time to come bro
you can't decide the fate of pokemon

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

zephilicious

Quote from: Z on January 13, 2013, 09:05:41 PM
those are god awful zeph
i like the bulky cutesy first gen vibe
~~ <3

Mona

So, the first stages of the starters are all confirmed for pure fire/water/grass.
Still, it's likely they could get a second typing in their later stages.

(Not my screen shot)

Neerb

I think Bulbasaur is literally the only first-stage starter that was dual type.

Mona

Yeah, it's not really that much of a surprise.
I just thought I'd share.

Custom

let's talk about things that matter
i hope you can turn battle animations off
this game looks slow as intercourse

fr/lg master race speeds

Zero

Quote from: Custom on January 15, 2013, 11:58:18 PM
let's talk about things that matter
i hope you can turn battle animations off
this game looks slow as intercourse

fr/lg master race speeds

I like the battle animations.

If I want speed I just play Pokemon on a simulator. But I do hope we get the option and I don't see why we wouldn't. We got it with past games.

zephilicious

i could see them taking it out. text based battles are going to look really awkward with 3d models standing around.
~~ <3

Kayo

I'm just going to throw some speculation out there. If any of this was already said, then sorry, didn't get around to reading the whole thread at the time of writing:

Assuming we get a third version instead of sequels, it will most likely be called Pokemon Z. Pokemon X, Y, and Z therefore represent the X, Y, and Z axes which are present together for the first time in a Pokemon game, since we now have full 3D.

Xerneas represents land. Yveltal represents the air. The third Pokemon may be some sort of sea serpent--then we'll have land, air, and sea, and its serpentine body will allow it to form a vague Z shape, similar to how Yveltal is Y-shaped in flight and Xerneas is... well, its antlers and front legs could make an X if we saw it in a different pose.

And then there's this:

I'm honestly hoping no to new types at this point, but it's an interesting theory. Especially because Soundproof could end up functioning like Levitate...

By the way, I like Yveltal. Haters gonna hate.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I highly, highly doubt we'll get any new types this gen. And what haters? Yveltal looks sick.

Also, the best theory right now (which is so good that I'd hardly call it theory at all) is that they're based on Norse Mythology. Yggdrasil, the world tree that connects all realms, is divided into three main section: branches, trunk, and roots. The branches, where realm of the gods is, are associated with a magic, blind eagle; the trunk, which is where earth is located, is associated with four deer, each of which has a different colored set of crystals in their antlers: yellow, red, purple, and blue. Finally, the roots, which spread out in all directions, have a serpent-like dragon that slithers through them.

Now, the eagle is certainly Yveltal; not only are they both flying creatures, but if you look at his eyes and compare them to, say, Xerneas', he definitely looks blind. He also is in the shape of a Y, and represents the Y plane, which is vertical, because he lives at the top of the tree.

The deer, then, is Xerneas. Just as there are 4 deer, he has 4 pairs of antlers... and they're the EXACT COLORS. He can look like an X, and he represents the X plane because he lives on the horizontal ground.

This just leaves the serpent as the Z Pokemon. It's perfect because, as you mention, he could make himself into a Z, plus he represents the Z plane in that his travels among the roots allow him to go along entirely new planes, which is basically all that the Z plane is in relation to X and Y. Plus, as you mentioned, if they made him watery, then they'd have land, air, and sea, although they kinda already did that with 3rd gen.

Another thing to note: Asgard, realm of the gods, is in Yggdrasil's branches; Midgard, realm of man, is at the base of the trunk; and Hel (self-explanatory) and the various monster-infested worlds are in the roots. So, the Yveltal is heaven, Xerneas is earth, and the Z serpent would be hell.

This theory makes great sense not only because Yveltal and Xerneas fit the bill perfectly and it's crazily meta with the whole X-Y-Z theme, but also because Norse is European, and the new region is in Europe.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 05, 2013, 08:23:49 PM
I highly, highly doubt we'll get any new types this gen. And what haters? Yveltal looks sick.

Also, the best theory right now (which is so good that I'd hardly call it theory at all) is that they're based on Norse Mythology. Yggdrasil, the world tree that connects all realms, is divided into three main section: branches, trunk, and roots. The branches, where realm of the gods is, are associated with a magic, blind eagle; the trunk, which is where earth is located, is associated with four deer, each of which has a different colored set of crystals in their antlers: yellow, red, purple, and blue. Finally, the roots, which spread out in all directions, have a serpent-like dragon that slithers through them.

Now, the eagle is certainly Yveltal; not only are they both flying creatures, but if you look at his eyes and compare them to, say, Xerneas', he definitely looks blind. He also is in the shape of a Y, and represents the Y plane, which is vertical, because he lives at the top of the tree.

The deer, then, is Xerneas. Just as there are 4 deer, he has 4 pairs of antlers... and they're the EXACT COLORS. He can look like an X, and he represents the X plane because he lives on the horizontal ground.

This just leaves the serpent as the Z Pokemon. It's perfect because, as you mention, he could make himself into a Z, plus he represents the Z plane in that his travels among the roots allow him to go along entirely new planes, which is basically all that the Z plane is in relation to X and Y. Plus, as you mentioned, if they made him watery, then they'd have land, air, and sea, although they kinda already did that with 3rd gen.

Another thing to note: Asgard, realm of the gods, is in Yggdrasil's branches; Midgard, realm of man, is at the base of the trunk; and Hel (self-explanatory) and the various monster-infested worlds are in the roots. So, the Yveltal is heaven, Xerneas is earth, and the Z serpent would be hell.

This theory makes great sense not only because Yveltal and Xerneas fit the bill perfectly and it's crazily meta with the whole X-Y-Z theme, but also because Norse is European, and the new region is in Europe.
I agree with the mythology thing or whatever and decided not to mention it because I thought it was obvious; what I'm saying is that they could very well be based on multiple different things (which I'm sure has happened in the past, only to be overlooked)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I am 100% positive there will be no new types in this game.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 05, 2013, 11:59:56 PM
I am 100% positive there will be no new types in this game.

While I agree that I don't think we'll see any new types any time soon I have to say that you just don't know that with 100% certainty.

Also, guys, in the logo there is clearly a DNA strand. Obviously that is going to be an important part of the games, somehow. It'll definitely have to do with the legendaries.

JrDude

Quote from: Z on February 06, 2013, 06:09:54 AM
While I agree that I don't think we'll see any new types any time soon I have to say that you just don't know that with 100% certainty.

Also, guys, in the logo there is clearly a DNA strand. Obviously that is going to be an important part of the games, somehow. It'll definitely have to do with the legendaries.
Yes I can.

In terms of the DNA thing,
Quote from: JrDude 益 on January 09, 2013, 01:08:03 PM
So. I think Xerneas is going to basically be the ancestor of all mammals, where Yveltal is going to be the ancestor of all egg-laying species, (even though ALL species lay eggs in Pokémon).
Also, Xerneas will be female, while Yveltal will be male. Xerneas is MOTHER Nature in this game. Even though both genders have the X chromosome, if any gender, it should be female, otherwise what I said is only half right.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Custom

i really hate the whole dna thing
hella dumb

i wish they would've went for this

that would've been hella sick yo