News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Not once did I say, nor imply, that anyone thinks there is a 100% chance of being a new type. You're confusing my saying that "I know there won't be a new type" with other things I'm saying.

There's no point in arguing because you guys will argue against it with "evidence" of your side of the argument, and there's no changing anyone's mind in this thread.
Everyone who thinks there will probably be a new type, will think it regardless of what I, or anyone else says.
Everyone who thinks a new type is unlikely will think it regardless of what anyone else says.

Because we believe what we believe and think our beliefs are right so we won't let other beliefs cloud our beliefs. Make sense?

I give no poop about the fact that a lot of you think there will be a new type, it's true. I understand why you think so, and anything I say won't change the fact that you will continue to think so.
Which is why there's no point in arguing.

I can say any argument that supports my side, and it could be good, it could be bad, it could be a repeat of what someone else said but worded a bit differently, it could be a completely different argument not said yet, but no matter what is said, someone else will come along and put a reason on why their reasoning is more right than what I said. Show me multiple times where this DIDN'T happen and maybe I'll put my reasonings. But like I said, there's no point. You guys are just as stubborn as me, but you all cloud it with the "We don't think it's a 100% chance, we just think it's VERY LIKELY," which makes you all FEEL like you have an open mind, when you don't. And if I'm stubborn for not changing my mind, well if you keep that thought process the entire thread, you are just as stubborn.

I predict that most if not all that reply will still think I'm stubborn while they have open minds and insult me in some way because you have the exact same beliefs as you did before my post because every post goes over your head and you're more right than me.

Example of an "Open Mind"
I think there will probably be a new type, but it could be Normal.
*Reads arguments*

They make a good point, maybe it WON'T be a new type. But there's still a possibility it is.

or

I think it will probably be a new type.
*Reads Arguments*
I understand your arguments and why you think this, but I still think it's probably a new type.

What is being said

I think it will probably be a new type, but it could be Normal I guess.
*Reads arguments*
Well you're clearly wrong (and stupid, depending how much I like you within the forum), it's probably a new type.

ohey, I made it obvious this time that there's transparent text, so it's useless to be transparent this time. Aw well.
[move][/move]
Dude .

zephilicious

Nope it's just you.

I certainly would have argued against a new type a week ago, and plenty of other people have switched sides, some more than once.

Give me a better argument than the one I'm pushing now and I'll gladly switch back. I have no personal stake in whether or not there's a new type. At this point in time it seems more likely, and that's still all I've argued.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: Custom on February 18, 2013, 10:27:23 PM
during a funfest mission in black 2 you can find an eevee
fun type confirmed

its true

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Kayo on February 19, 2013, 12:44:58 AM
So was Dialga, which ended up being Steel.

Yes but then there is Suicune, Kyogre, Phione, and Manaphy that support my thought of it being at least part water.

Even if they did make a new type I doubt they'd shove it in our faces by making the legendaries that type. We got Dark and Steel in Gen 2 and we didn't get a Dark or Steel legendary.

Sirwaddy

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

RazorFilledCandy

Wowee I didnt not expect these new pokemangies I can not wait for the new christmas type

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on February 19, 2013, 12:51:25 AM
xerneas is half steel. sword feet.
Right, I knew there had to be a better reason my mind kept going to Steel except shared color with Dialga. That was it, forgot.

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 19, 2013, 09:00:28 AM
Yes but then there is Suicune, Kyogre, Phione, and Manaphy that support my thought of it being at least part water.

Even if they did make a new type I doubt they'd shove it in our faces by making the legendaries that type. We got Dark and Steel in Gen 2 and we didn't get a Dark or Steel legendary.
So everything blue = water. Okay. Cool. Also that sword feet thing that was mentioned was my other reason for thinking of Steel that just hadn't come to mind at the time. So yeah.

On that second point, I wouldn't be so sure. The reason I said they might do that is because, after four generations of having the same seventeen types we suddenly get more (hypothetically speaking), it's a pretty big deal. I just think, in my opinion, that such a change is drastic enough to warrant using the mascots as representatives to showcase it.

In Gen II, Pokemon as a whole was still a young franchise, and was arguably still really in the takeoff phase when they added the two new types. It just wasn't as big a deal adding a few more right off the bat as it would be to add them so far into the series. Which, from what I can tell is a generally agreeable view, considering a large argument against getting new types is because it's a drastic change from what we've been used to for four generations. If it's such a drastic change, it's a big deal. Honestly it seems like something they would do, use the cover legendaries to show the new pair of types IF they were adding them at this point.

Of course, this is all just speculation as we know nothing about Xerneas and Yveltal's type combinations so far. I'm about to say I'd personally rather have them both have unreleased types than combinations that already exist :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Kayo on February 19, 2013, 10:09:29 PM
I'm about to say I'd personally rather have them both have unreleased types than combinations that already exist :/

I'm down for that. New type combinations for legendaries are always welcome. If Xerneas isn't Water/Steel or Steel/Water I don't know what it'd be.

As for Yveltal I don't know what it is. Likely part Flying, I hope Dragon doesn't have anything to do with it though. We need more non-legendary Dragon-types. Dark/Fire? Dark Flying? Fire/Flying? The legendaries' types are anyone's guess really.

Personally I think what their types are is more interesting than Sylveon's hidden type.

Kayo

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 19, 2013, 10:22:39 PM
I'm down for that. New type combinations for legendaries are always welcome. If Xerneas isn't Water/Steel or Steel/Water I don't know what it'd be.

As for Yveltal I don't know what it is. Likely part Flying, I hope Dragon doesn't have anything to do with it though. We need more non-legendary Dragon-types. Dark/Fire? Dark Flying? Fire/Flying? The legendaries' types are anyone's guess really.

Personally I think what their types are is more interesting than Sylveon's hidden type.
I don't know where you're getting Water from for Xerneas. I really, really don't see it at all. I see Grass before Water, but that's probably just because it reminds me too much of Sawsbuck. I'm sticking to my part Steel theory, though.

I'm pretty sure Yveltal will get a Flying type. I mean, it could just get the Levitate ability, but I highly doubt they'd do that on a version mascot. I feel like unique abilities like they've gotten in Gens III and V (really everything but IV because abilities didn't exist in I and II, and honestly I'll never understand why they just slapped Pressure on Dia and Palk like they did) are going to become the norm, and we'll probably (hopefully) see that again. Two new abilities (or one shared) that no other Pokemon has. There's no way they're going to leave Yveltal grounded, so Flying seems to be a given. As for the other type, it's anyone's guess. Zekrom became an Electric type, after all.*

*Yeah, I know it's always depicted with blue electricity all around it, but before they told us its type there was absolutely none of that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

So everything blue = water. Okay. Cool.

Of course, this is all just speculation

maybe you don't realize it but every time you talk to anybody about this you sound so like uppity like you're the pokemon master or something (you're not)
maybe you're trying to be sarcastic or light-hearted or something but it just seems like you're always attacking people. am i just reading into it wrong?
i thought his reasoning for it was fine
http://www.nsfcd.com/index.php?topic=38277.msg620330#msg620330
the post wasn't just "IT'S BLUE I HAVE NO OTHER REASONING WHATSOEVER"

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 19, 2013, 10:39:50 PM
maybe you don't realize it but every time you talk to anybody about this you sound so like uppity like you're the pokemon master or something (you're not)
maybe you're trying to be sarcastic or light-hearted or something but it just seems like you're always attacking people. am i just reading into it wrong?
i thought his reasoning for it was fine
http://www.nsfcd.com/index.php?topic=38277.msg620330#msg620330
the post wasn't just "IT'S BLUE I HAVE NO OTHER REASONING WHATSOEVER"
You could always just read what I quoted:
Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 19, 2013, 09:00:28 AM

I just don't see water. Nor do I see where he got it from other than "light=water because water reflects light" because other existing Pokemon could fit that that aren't Water. His "logic" is a bit of a leap.

I don't see Xerneas being water and I have yet to be convinced. That's all.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 19, 2013, 10:46:31 PM
You could always just read what I quoted:
I just don't see water. Nor do I see where he got it from other than "light=water because water reflects light" because other existing Pokemon could fit that that aren't Water. His "logic" is a bit of a leap.

I don't see Xerneas being water and I have yet to be convinced. That's all.

oh so you are being a vagina cleaning device about this
thanks for the info

i think what he said is fine

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on February 19, 2013, 10:49:22 PM
oh so you are being a vagina cleaning device about this
thanks for the info

I still don't see how it could be water. You could be convincing me, kthx
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on February 19, 2013, 10:53:33 PM
I still don't see how it could be water. You could be convincing me, kthx

Quote from: Custom on February 19, 2013, 10:49:22 PM

Of course, this is all just speculation as we know nothing about Xerneas and Yveltal's type combinations so far.