UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirwaddy

At least we all agree Gen IV sucked

Kayo

New, large scan of the CoroCoro article showcasing the new Pokemon. Spoilered for sheer size.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I couldn't even see the leaf in the panda's mouth before. So cute. Also, I have to admit that the bird looks much better to me now after seeing it larger. Elikiteru still kind of looks like a reptilian Mawile without its signature jawhorns.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on May 13, 2013, 03:12:08 PM
I'm not sure how many times I have to say this.

It doesn't excuse it by any means, but it was likely their reasoning. Because, it wasn't at all a question of thinking up new designs for Fire-types, because they could have put more than ONE old-gen fire in there. But they didn't. So someone had the "brilliant" idea of saying "Well, the region is up north and colder so fire types wouldn't live there anyway"

And then GF released the worst of the five Pokemon generations to date.

That is an AWFUL lot of conjecture Kayo.

The Riddler

It's not a leaf, it's his tongue. He's the naughty Pokemon, he's sticking his tongue out at you.

Sirwaddy

Quote from: The Riddler on May 13, 2013, 04:36:54 PM
It's not a leaf, it's his tongue. He's the naughty Pokemon, he's sticking his tongue out at you.

Idk, looks more like a leaf. Like how thugs chew on those grass straws or weeds or whatever.

Zero

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 13, 2013, 03:13:07 PM
At least we all agree Gen IV sucked

Platinum is great. It just shouldn't take the second try to be great.

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Zero on May 13, 2013, 06:05:10 PM
I mean the pokemon. I liked platinum a lot

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 13, 2013, 03:39:21 PM
That is an AWFUL lot of conjecture Kayo.
I'm pretty sure I put the word "likely" in there instead of "definitely" if you read it.

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 13, 2013, 05:45:56 PM
Idk, looks more like a leaf. Like how thugs chew on those grass straws or weeds or whatever.
As soon as I noticed it I thought of Treecko, how it always had a twig in its mouth in the anime and stuff like that.

Quote from: Zero on May 13, 2013, 06:05:10 PM
Every other gen was better in the first pair of games to come out. But HGSS is what really saved Gen IV, I think. If we're speaking on a broader basis than just the new main series games that come out at the beginning of each generation.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

When I said "Gen IV sucks" I meant the fourth generation of Pokemon, not the games. We've been talking about the pokemon the whole time with those lists and everything idk how people thought I meant the games

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on May 13, 2013, 07:31:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I put the word "likely" in there instead of "definitely" if you read it.

Do you even know what conjecture is?

Using the word "likely" doesn't mean you aren't throwing it around.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 13, 2013, 08:02:46 PM
Do you even know what conjecture is?

Using the word "likely" doesn't mean you aren't throwing it around.
Considering this thread as a whole is basically about speculation I don't honestly see what issue you have
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 13, 2013, 03:12:08 PM
I'm not sure how many times I have to say this.

It doesn't excuse it by any means, but it was likely their reasoning. Because, it wasn't at all a question of thinking up new designs for Fire-types, because they could have put more than ONE old-gen fire in there. But they didn't. So someone had the "brilliant" idea of saying "Well, the region is up north and colder so fire types wouldn't live there anyway"

And then GF released the worst of the five Pokemon generations to date.

5th gen bottom tier for life

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on May 13, 2013, 08:12:01 PM
Considering this thread as a whole is basically about speculation I don't honestly see what issue you have

I criticized Gen III and you became noticeably irritated. You then grabbed at straws trying to defend one of the strongest criticisms that I made: the lack of elec types. Along came sinnoh and the lack of fire types. You made a similar excuse for game freak there too.

Its not so much an issue as it is something to talk about, though, so there isn't any need for you to get your panties in a bunch(Yes, we all notice that as you become more irritated you put on a pompous facade, chillax I'm not out to eat you, we're talking Pogaymon here).

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 13, 2013, 08:53:18 PM
I criticized Gen III and you became noticeably irritated. You then grabbed at straws trying to defend one of the strongest criticisms that I made: the lack of elec types. Along came sinnoh and the lack of fire types. You made a similar excuse for game freak there too.

Its not so much an issue as it is something to talk about, though, so there isn't any need for you to get your panties in a bunch(Yes, we all notice that as you become more irritated you put on a pompous facade, chillax I'm not out to eat you, we're talking Pogaymon here).
Maybe if your criticism wasn't so weakly supported. You're arguing that the Pokemon designs of Gen III are uninspired when they're almost unarguably the most unique out of any generation. If you don't like them, that's probably because they're REALLY out-there at times, which is kind of the opposite of being "uninspired". I'm not saying that you have to like them, but if you don't like Hoenn Pokemon, like them for something they are instead of something they're not.

The reason people hate Gen III is because, as I think you ironically said, people are resistant to change. Gens I and II were incredibly similar, there's really no debate there. That's why Gen II is seen as an "extension"of Gen I or, more officially, a sequel to the Gen I games. The Pokemon were similar in style and level of design, the regions were adjacent and connected, the graphics were pretty much the same besides the addition of color; everything that really keeps I and II linked together. Gen III came and kind of shattered everything. It WAS radically different from the first two; a pretty big step. The Pokemon designs, yeah, got really different. That's why a lot of people rejected them. It was a step they weren't willing to make. To put it simply, the reason people didn't like Gen III is because it wasn't like I and II.

And stop saying I made excuses for GameFreak because I LITERALLY said the exact opposite at least two or three times. Please actually read my posts, thanks. That and your little "pompous facade" remark, and you say I'M grasping at straws for an argument.
[move][/move]

Zero

Actually kayo i'm pretty sure this is the reason people hate Gen III