News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Lotsa cool high-quality pics for the individual Pokemon released. It kills me that they have Awakened Mewtwo there and are STILL acting like it's a mysterious new Pokemon even though we saw Mewtwo turn into it.

Also, "Kalos" doesn't sound right as a region for some reason...

Kayo

8-directional movement, it's about time. English names for the new Pokemon are great, except for Helioptile, doesn't really have a nice ring like the rest of them (Fletchling omg <3)

Kalos is divided into three sub-regions that have their own Pokedexes. Gotta be a hint that this will be, by far, the biggest region we have yet seen.

Poke-Paris is called "Lumiose City" which I'm really okay with.

Also, a little extra bit of news that seems everyone missed: Character limits are getting longer. Pokemon names can be at least 12 characters long and move names can be at least 16. Will probably change the spelling of some moves (like PoisonPowder) but shouldn't change the names of any existing Pokemon that have had their names squeezed into ten characters (Victreebel and Feraligatr).

Proof, if you must, is that the new confirmed English attack name "Parabolic Charge" has 16 characters; Pancham's official French name is Pandespiegle which is twelve. Even though that's french, there's no reason that the limit wouldn't be lengthened to match for all regions of the game that use the latin alphabet.

You know what I want to see though? Evolutions. At least sketches of the starters' evolutions like we saw pretty early in Gen V. I'm really craving to see the direction these Pokemon go in.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

i would almost relate it to how platinum was fun but pearl and diamond were soulless abominations
i still think it was dumb to have a black and white 2 though
should've just been grey
separating the titles was really unnecessary

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on May 14, 2013, 05:13:44 PM
i would almost relate it to how platinum was fun but pearl and diamond were soulless abominations
i still think it was dumb to have a black and white 2 though
should've just been grey
separating the titles was really unnecessary
You know why they did it though, right?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 14, 2013, 05:40:36 PM
You know why they did it though, right?

no please write a long essay on pokemon culture like you did to zero about 3rd gen

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Kayo on May 14, 2013, 05:10:40 PM
Kalos is divided into three sub-regions that have their own Pokedexes. Gotta be a hint that this will be, by far, the biggest region we have yet seen.

"The Pokémon that reside in the Kalos region are registered in one of three area categories."

That is what the website says. This likely refers to a system similar to FR/LG where Pokemon were shown caught in Grasslands, Caves, etc. It does not say the region is so big it ....needs 3 pokedexes. That's just....what?

Also I'm on board with Custom's statement about Platinum in relation to D/P.

Kayo

Quote from: Custom on May 14, 2013, 05:42:50 PM
no please write a long essay on pokemon culture like you did to zero about 3rd gen
Uh, it was because at some point they knew they weren't going to remake R/S in Gen V, so doubling up the third game and turning it into a sequel raised the number of Gen V games to four so it wouldn't seem so small compared to the five that the previous two yielded.

Pretty intercourse ing simple.

Besides, if you don't like long posts that aren't directed to you then don't read them. Simple as intercourse ing that.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 14, 2013, 06:29:00 PM
Uh, it was because at some point they knew they weren't going to remake R/S in Gen V, so doubling up the third game and turning it into a sequel raised the number of Gen V games to four so it wouldn't seem so small compared to the five that the previous two yielded.

Besides, if you don't like long posts that aren't directed to you then don't read them. Simple as intercourse ing that.

thanks for the source i really feel like this is information i could trust
did you ask the gamestop employee about it?

Custom

i thought you were going to give me a legit reason like "the region differences between white and black and how they would carry over the sequels" because of that one town that was different in each game and the differences in little things like the desert region being somewhat modernized with fences or completely rural

i can't believe you would try to spoonfeed me that bullpoop
that's like disrespectful man

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on May 14, 2013, 05:42:50 PM

Quote from: Custom on May 14, 2013, 06:42:22 PM
thanks for the source i really feel like this is information i could trust
did you ask the gamestop employee about it?

These made my night, no offense Kayo.

The Riddler

Quote from: Kayo on May 14, 2013, 06:29:00 PM

hey guys we have a gamefreak  employee on the boards

he knows exactly why every decision is ever made at gamefreak

he even knows why there were two sequels instead of one

hey kockmongler, did you ever consider that it was literally just a ploy to make more money? they certainly don't care if it's to make the number of games in each generation seem higher, making two sequels means more money. they'll do the same with x and y.

Sirwaddy

Mona

My little brother and I were talking about possible evolutions for the panda. We came up with a giant panda chewing on a bamboo stick and it uses that bamboo stick to attack.

Sirwaddy

Quote from: Mona on May 14, 2013, 10:35:05 PM
My little brother and I were talking about possible evolutions for the panda. We came up with a giant panda chewing on a bamboo stick and it uses that bamboo stick to attack.
I am okay with this. I wonder how many stages the newbies have. I hope the lizard gets cooler. IF THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE

The Riddler

Fan art has once again made me a bit more accepting of new designs.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Oh, and if anyone is confused by the names:
Helioptile = Heliophile / Reptile. Heliophile = someone/thing attracted to sunlight. He uses solar energy and converts it into electricity.

Fletchling = Fletch(ing) / Hatchling. Fletch = Feathery part of an arrow, Fletching = Stabilizing an arrows flight path. It's a Robin, so, Robin Hood relation is likely. At the very least, this bird is gonna fly straight and fast like an arrow.

Gogoat I'm gonna just say is go-go/goat.

Pancham... same name scheme as Medicham. Panda/cham whatever the intercourse  cham means