Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Same method just got me a shiny horsea in less than ten minutes

zephilicious

Quote from: Zero on October 22, 2013, 05:24:18 AM
But the main benefit is how it takes far less time to evolve Pokemon via happiness because of it. I evolved my Riolu and one of my Eevee by getting them to max Amie and just using them normally. They evolved much faster than they did in past games. I had a Lucario by level 19 instead of by level 35-40 for once. I had an Umbreon by level intercourse ing 20. FINALLY happiness isn't intercourse ing retardedly time consuming. Also its cute as intercourse .
It is very well established that Amie has nothing to do with happiness. Happiness has always happened that early if you actually play through the game with your pokemon. It only takes longer if you're trying to grind for it against late game high level pokemon.

Quote from: Zero on October 22, 2013, 05:24:18 AM
And dude what. Turning on the EXP All shares EVs too. How often do you find yourself needing to train 6 pokemon in all the exact same stat? You can't control what Pokemon are fought in the Battle Mansion, can you? So you have NO control over what EVs you get. How is that better than Super Training? It really isn't.
Battle mansion as always gives no experience and no evs, you grind that for the items to get easy evs elsewhere.

Using the power items you can be grinding two stats at once. Say you want three pokemon with speed and one other stat. Give them the item for the other stat and grind them in a speed location. You'll max both stats for all 3 pokemon in the time it would take to max one is super training.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on October 22, 2013, 10:41:57 AM
It is very well established that Amie has nothing to do with happiness. Happiness has always happened that early if you actually play through the game with your pokemon. It only takes longer if you're trying to grind for it against late game high level pokemon.

Bullpoop. In BW2 I used my Riolu like crazy. It never fainted. I used items on it. Kept it in first slot. Everything you're supposed to do, but it still took till around level 35. Same goes for Eevees in other games.

Did they shorten the time it takes or something?

zephilicious

Ever since gen 2 I've had zubats evolve into crobat one level after golbat with basically no extra work
this game I had an azurill evolve somewhere around 22 with no amie or anything

riolu only evolves during the day is that your problem?
~~ <3

The Riddler

just got another shiny horsea trying to get a skrelp

this trick is legit

Neerb

Quote from: The Riddler on October 22, 2013, 06:33:39 PM
just got another shiny horsea trying to get a skrelp

this trick is legit

But what if they shiny I want isn't a sea creature? Shiny Horseas are only cool for so long.

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on October 22, 2013, 08:36:38 PM
But what if they shiny I want isn't a sea creature? Shiny Horseas are only cool for so long.

go back to that method from d/p then
it's in this game too i think
other than that YOU'RE SCREWED

also i feel like this method makes it a lot less cool to have sea shinies
now when i see one i'm just going to think "oh he just did the fishing trick" and not care you know what i mean?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Neerb

Quote from: Custom on October 22, 2013, 08:39:37 PM
also i feel like this method makes it a lot less cool to have sea shinies
now when i see one i'm just going to think "oh he just did the fishing trick" and not care you know what i mean?

Exactly what I'm thinking; if all shinies (or at least most, since non-breedables will always be harder to get) were easier to get, I"d just think "cool, I can get shinies easier now." But to only focus on a certain group like sea Pokemon, it just devalues that group.

That said, I do think they lowered the shiny rate in general this gen; I've seen people get them left and right, with myself and two of my friends getting a wild shiny each before the 2nd gym.

zephilicious

And if super training wasn't slow enough, apparently sweet scent guarantees hordes in any of the locations where hordes are possible

so sweet scent plus surf gets you 50-60 EVs per pokemon in like 10 seconds
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on October 22, 2013, 02:31:55 PM
Ever since gen 2 I've had zubats evolve into crobat one level after golbat with basically no extra work
this game I had an azurill evolve somewhere around 22 with no amie or anything

riolu only evolves during the day is that your problem?

Eh, I'm having trouble believing you. Happiness has always taken a while for me and most others I ask about it. Maybe you just walk in circles until it evolves? The roller skates make movement a lot quicker from the start of the game.

No, I know that Riolu evolves only during the day.

Quote from: zephilicious on October 23, 2013, 12:58:10 AM
And if super training wasn't slow enough, apparently sweet scent guarantees hordes in any of the locations where hordes are possible

so sweet scent plus surf gets you 50-60 EVs per pokemon in like 10 seconds

That's pretty awesome. Still, Super Training has its place. How else are you going to reset EVs? The EV berries suck.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on October 23, 2013, 07:45:40 AM
That's pretty awesome. Still, Super Training has its place. How else are you going to reset EVs? The EV berries suck.

That's my favorite part. I can play though the story with the Pokemon I like and then just reset their EVs after I beat it and its time to get serious.

zephilicious

Chances are the pokemon you played through the game with have the wrong nature and poop ivs, fixing their evs isn't going to do much.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on October 23, 2013, 11:10:31 AM
Chances are the pokemon you played through the game with have the wrong nature and poop ivs, fixing their evs isn't going to do much.

yeah, you're right. Still it can help them at least be somewhat usable in the other battle modes.

Thankfully my Jolteon is Timid and seems to have decent IVs. I lucked out.

Anyway I'm still taking my time with this game. Here's where I'm at so far:

Pokedex: 239
Central: 89 obtained 116 seen
Coastal: 64 obtained 94 seen
Mountain: 6 obtained 26 seen
Time: 35:39
Badges: 5

Team:

Dr.Rockso (Tyrantrum) Lv40
Gyuki (Jolteon) Lv36
Leorio (Lucario) Lv 35
BonClay (Gardevoir) Lv 35
Kazuma (Charizard) Lv 37
Keroji (Greninja) Lv 38

Alts:
Biggs (Talonflame) Lv 37
Jack Black (Pangoro) Lv 37
Blaziken Lv 46
Brootal (Doublade) Lv 35
Ferrothorn Lv 41

I like changing up my party all the time and going back to the Battle Chateau to evolve other pokemon. Post-game will be great and all but I am just refusing to rush to it this time around.

zephilicious

Quote from: Zero on October 23, 2013, 11:35:57 AM
Post-game will be great and all but I am just refusing to rush to it this time around.

post game will be poop if you do all the extra poop up front
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on October 23, 2013, 11:52:39 AM
post game will be poop if you do all the extra poop up front

extra poop? like completing pokedex entries?

nah i'm cool with getting that out of the way.

I'm still going to prepare some competitive teams and breed like crazy like I usually do.