News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

New Pokémon Stuff Ideas

Started by JrDude, December 30, 2009, 04:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

Well new Pokémon gen is coming eventually, and we all like to say our ideas and hope they will come into play and then get crushed when they obviously don't, but let's say them anyway!
Here, we say out ideas, but to make it less random and somewhat spammy and give you guys something to go on, I'll give you something to work with. I want you to say ideas for:
New Type Combinations: Be creative, but with this, also bring up what it could be. (EX: Bug/Dragon - A Dragonfly! [I am aware there are Dragonfly Pokémon])
New abilities: What it's called and what it does. (EX: Curse - After death, Pokémon who killed it is cursed [like the ghost version of the attack Curse])
Other: This can be for whatever else you want to add, don't go overboard though. (EX: Stuff for items, stuff to add on to the Safari Zone, Pokémon attacks, etc.)

Also, you're not limited to 1 idea each, you can do several.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

I would love to see a Ghost/Fire Pokemon

jnfs2014

Fire/Water idk
Fire/Grass idk
Ghost/Fighting idk
Dragon/Electric idk
Electric/Dark LUXRAY anyone?
Flying: never had this
Fire/Dragon  Charizard
Poison/Dragon
Dark/Dragon idk
Water/Ghost idk
Dragon/Psychic idk

JrDude

1. Isn't Dialga Steel/Dragon?
2. I asked you to say what it could be when doing new type combinations. I mean, what do you think it would look like? A purple flame with a face? or a grass blade on fire?
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

I was just throwing stuff out there. :P

And yeah I'll edit.

Friendly Hostile

I'd like to see a game play mechanic added of traveling in a party with people, similar to how the show operated.  It's a common occurrence in other RPG's and I think it could possibly add to the game a lot in terms of mechanics and the battle system.

jnfs2014

Permanent double battle partner.

bluaki

Type combinations and abilities are somewhat silly things to look for in a new generation, I think

Try more general game mechanics:
Much quicker and even one-way transfer of pokemon between games
Removal of HMs, to be replaced with something like key items or other switches
Cooperative multiplayer adventure gameplay, like posted already in this thread
Many more somewhat-equivalent training methods, instead of how there's currently just an Elite Four
More balancing of stats/strength among fully evolved pokemon
More selectable player characters, including ones older than 10 years

JrDude

Quote from: bluaki on December 31, 2009, 11:54:55 PM
Type combinations and abilities are somewhat silly things to look for in a new generation, I think
Well, they seem to be the things people are most interested in.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

One thing i DON'T want: Triple typing. here's why:

1. It's stupid. Its the kind of thing all the 10-year-olds want. It has no point at all. And, knowing GameFreak, they'd create a Bug/Flying/Fire type. OHKO'd by Stealth Rock.

2. It's confusing. Say 2 types resist an attack and one is weak to it. Or the other way around. All that damage is quite hard to figure out, and could add multiple weaknesses to once OU pokemon, possibly throwing them down to NU.

3. limited. Only Gen 5 pokemon could have it, actually. So disregard that OU to NU thing. They won't add a third type to Gen 1, 2, 3, or 4, because it would change the whole metagame. I mean, what would happen if Gyarados became Water/Flying/Dragon? I don't want to think about that. Well, i will. Negatively, it is now weak to Ice. (since one type resists while 2 are weak.) that could seriously hurt it. Plus, a Dragon weakness. Positively, Outrage gets STAB (it can learn outrage right? o_?). Also, the crippling 4x electric weakness is now 2x. Very easily handled by it. also, Grass resistance, and greater Fire resistance. And Water. A few 0.25x resistances there. Seems like its mostly positive, right. Congratulations, Gyarados is now Uber. :|

Not saying that would happen, but its likely if Gyarados gains a third type. One of the many many reasons triple typing fails. thoughts?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Triple typing will likely NEVER happen, so I don't think we'll have to worry about it.

Oh, and Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, not Water/Flying.

Kayo

Quote from: PokemasterJ on January 01, 2010, 11:37:21 AM
Triple typing will likely NEVER happen, so I don't think we'll have to worry about it.

Oh, and Gyarados should be Water/Dragon, not Water/Flying.
The Dragon type wasn't originally part of the game. GameFreak decided when they added it to make the Dragonite family part Dragon. (They were originally Normal-- Dragonite was Normal/Flying)... If the dragon type was there with the other 16 types since the beginning, Gyarados and possibly Charizard would be part Dragon, instead of flying.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

Um...no. Dragonite has ALWAYS been Dragon/Flying.

If not, then what type would Lance's pokemon be?

Kayo

Quote from: PokemasterJ on January 01, 2010, 05:28:05 PM
Um...no. Dragonite has ALWAYS been Dragon/Flying.

If not, then what type would Lance's pokemon be?
ahem. I didn't say Dragon didn't exist when the game came out. GameFreak didn't make dragon a type when they made the other 16. I think Dragonite was still Dragon when R/B/G came out, but on paper it was Normal/Flying.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

They only had 15 or 16 at the beginning. Dark and Steel (idk) were implemented in G/S/C.