News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

New Pokemon (as in game and species) coming!

Started by Macawmoses, January 29, 2010, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drezford_the_Rebell

Fun story about this,

I heard that Nintendo is planning a DS successor as well. And it adds motion sensitivity. You know, another thing that'll make it awkward to play on a bus.

RX-78-2

I eagerly await new Pokémon, new adventures, and new characters. In my opinion, they always get better. I wonder what new features it'll have. Seeing as I still haven't beaten Platinum, :( I hope they take their time releasing this one. |:
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: TerribleFrog 39 on January 29, 2010, 10:36:08 PM
I eagerly await new Pokémon, new adventures, and new characters. In my opinion, they always get better. I wonder what new features it'll have. Seeing as I still haven't beaten Platinum, :( I hope they take their time releasing this one. |:
I still haven't beaten Platinum either. I beat the Sunnyshore gym and was going to train before the E4, but then just said "intercourse  it" and haven't played it in months |:

I think I still have Shaymin and Darkrai waiting for me too D:

Macawmoses

Bluaki, your patterns patterns patterns are fine and dandy. But one thing you're not taking into account is that the DS is the fastest selling video game system ever. It's the second highest selling, and Nintendo's highest. Sure, there are patterns. But this business. Two things hurt Nintendo: predictability, for one, and the other is jumping the gun.

There's no cohesive evidence to support what I'm saying. But there are dollar amounts. And the way I see it, Nintendo can allow a massive cool off of the DS brand, and still have huge releases for 3 years. The install base is gigantic in every sense of the word.

On top of that, they'll have to market the hell out of it, and explain why people should not only upgrade their DSi, but their DSi XL too. It won't happen.

Rius

I can see Nintendo releasing a new handheld this year, and it WOULD sell well, mostly because of Pokemon. Whether they would or not, I don't think anyone can actually say. Anyway, considering that mutiple mainstream Mario/Metroid/Zelda games are being released for the Wii, I think it's quite likely they would do the same for the DS. The new one would probably utilize DSi features, but still be playable on older DS models...
Of course, it could be a spinoff RPG that gives previews of Gen V Pokemon. But considering the year, it's about time for new main games.

jnfs2014

R/B=1995
G/S=1999
R/S=2003
D/P=2007
Gen V=2011

It kind of makes sense.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Violet on January 30, 2010, 02:09:14 PM
R/B=1995
G/S=1999
R/S=2003
D/P=2007
Gen V=2011

It kind of makes sense.
Again, trying to find patterns is nonsensical. Tradition said  Daft Punk should have released another album a year or two ago.

What's interesting in this are the other factors at play. So far, it's on the same system as another generation (and a ton of spinoffs). It's revealed no new pokemon. Etc.

Thirdkoopa

So, I wonder what kind of spin-off ideas we'll see here. Mystery Dungeon and Colosseum had pretty great ideas but could put much more effort executed in them; Regardless I can't wait to see what's up with the spin-offs since I know not much will happen to the main games themselves.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Drezford_the_Rebell

I think we should quit speculation until we see what A) the poster pokemon looks like and B.) what the starters look like.

Because I mean, they could be awful. You know. Like the 4th generation.

Then again, that's not going to stop me from getting it.

So_So_Man

Quote from: mackormoses on January 29, 2010, 12:18:42 AM
http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=112503

"
Could this be the big announcement that Nintendo Dream was talking about? Nintendo has announced that Gamefreak is hard at work on a brand-new Pokemon RPG, and it's due out this year in Japan. There are (of course) going to be brand-new Pokemon involved, and the series is going to experience some sort of rebirth. Expect new functionality and play types, according to the Big N. Just how different will this game be? Only time will tell, I guess, but Nintendo is already confident that it'll be a huge hit. "

I don't need to say anything more than DISCUSS.
I just realized what it will be.  Wooden Pokeballs.

Macawmoses

So_So_Man

Quote from: mackormoses on January 30, 2010, 08:48:45 PM
Pokemon is going green?
rebirth = back to the start.  Wooden pokeballs and aerodactyl in tall grass

Mikoyan

If they do attempt this 5th gen, they better make it good. It seems to me that they didn't even try when designing the 4th gen Pokemon.

That, or get entirely new artists that don't make eye 6 inches in diameter.

Turok

If they're gonna add more pokemon, do one of two things: Make it so that only certain gen pokemon count towards pokedex completion (we've logged the first gen how many times now? Did the server with the data on it crash repeatedly?) or ONLY have current gen pokemon obtainable in-game

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Quote from: TUROK on January 31, 2010, 02:44:14 AM
If they're gonna add more pokemon, do one of two things: Make it so that only certain gen pokemon count towards pokedex completion (we've logged the first gen how many times now? Did the server with the data on it crash repeatedly?) or ONLY have current gen pokemon obtainable in-game
I don't like that idea of only having current gen pokemon obtainable in one game. Do Coyotes stop migrating and expanding because of our political boundaries? How about birds? By no means do they. It makes it more realistic to have some Pokemon all over the place.