News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Ninty uses PS3/Xbox graphics for their demos.

Started by The Riddler, June 10, 2011, 01:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Are you referring to the 3rd party games, which pretty much everyone already knows was just 360/PS3 footage?

It's really not that big of a deal; those videos were simply there to show us what 3rd parties are interested and would their games COULD look like with the Wii U's power. No one at Nintendo ever said those were actual Wii U games, and I thought everyone else assumed they weren't Wii U games as well. Nintendo assumed we have the common sense to say, "Hey, those are games from other consoles, I guess this is just a preview of which 3rd parties are interested."

DededeCloneChris

Not a big deal since this has been done all the time before.

Now, if Sony featured a MARIO game, then yes. It's troubling.

Super

For cross-platform games, companies usually show off the PC version because it is usually the the most visually spectacular of the bunch. This really isn't that uncommon. Nintendo had to have SOMETHING to show. Plus, Wii U is early in development. I bet if they had more poop ready, they'd want to show that instead.

Doodle

Quote from: Super on June 12, 2011, 08:22:19 PM
For cross-platform games, companies usually show off the PC version because it is usually the the most visually spectacular of the bunch. This really isn't that uncommon. Nintendo had to have SOMETHING to show. Plus, Wii U is early in development. I bet if they had more poop ready, they'd want to show that instead.
Basically this. If they had it, they'd show it.
It's not like nobody's ever done this before.
YEAH