what do you do

Started by Custom, March 25, 2015, 03:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 26, 2015, 08:11:27 PM
What kind of poop does Polygon pull?

it's basically kotaku 2.0

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Viewtifulboy

Wow.  I also heard their editor in chief tried to get a game dev fired for some bullpoop reason.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 26, 2015, 08:18:24 PM
Wow.  I also heard their editor in chief tried to get a game dev fired for some bullpoop reason.

sounds about right

i don't even know what gaming news sites to look at anymore

I just want something that talks about cool japanese games and fun games and doesn't throw a hissy fit or make clickbait

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 26, 2015, 08:11:27 PM
What kind of poop does Polygon pull?
do not swear on this forum scumbag zero tolerance
whatever

Viewtifulboy

Well, the Shonen Otaku Corner is all about Japanese games and good writing.

Zero

I work night shifts as a stock clerk for Publix right now. Saving to move at the moment. In my spare time I spend time with my girlfriend or friends these days. If I've been playing video games, it has been with them or when I compete. I have been going to local Smash tournaments and cleaning house in both Smash 4 and Melee. People around here don't really play Brawl or Project M, the lack of the latter sucks but it is what it is. Marvel is dead here. Guilty Gear(even the new one) is dead here. Blazblue is dead here. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike has a small scene but is slowly dying as I'm one of the last players around(There are literally like 14 of us left). The FGC here is finally dying and I suppose that is only fitting that I too leave my hometown.

My mother died on Monday at 1:15AM, 40 minutes after I last saw her at the hospice. I thought I had prepared but no, no if there is anything I have learned from all of this it is that there was nothing I could do to prepare emotionally. Everything is changing and I can't really say I'm very good at adapting this time. Things are quite different from when I first visited this place. Never imagined that I'd be here in 2015.

That's life. Lots of good and lots of bad.

Viewtifulboy

I...... I don't even know how you have the strength to type.... :(

Zero

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 26, 2015, 11:24:37 PM
I...... I don't even know how you have the strength to type.... :(

I've been coming to some sort of forum for years for some bullpoop reason or another. These days it is more therapy than anything else, seeing some familiarity in a time where everything is radically different from what it all used to be.

That's how man.

So did ya ever check out Nsider2?

JrDude

I teach people how to dance. Getting them ready for weddings, get a date night, trying to get dates themselves, the works.
I also dance competitively, perform, choreograph, and many other dance-related things.
I also go out social dancing almost every weekend, and the only time I don't is when I'm doing something dance work related. So I'm dancing almost every day of every week. It feels pretty badass honestly.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Viewtifulboy

I'll bet you're hyped for the new Persona 4 game.

And I was banned from Nsider 2. =(

Custom

Quote from: Zero on March 26, 2015, 10:51:43 PM
I work night shifts as a stock clerk for Publix right now. Saving to move at the moment. In my spare time I spend time with my girlfriend or friends these days. If I've been playing video games, it has been with them or when I compete. I have been going to local Smash tournaments and cleaning house in both Smash 4 and Melee. People around here don't really play Brawl or Project M, the lack of the latter sucks but it is what it is. Marvel is dead here. Guilty Gear(even the new one) is dead here. Blazblue is dead here. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike has a small scene but is slowly dying as I'm one of the last players around(There are literally like 14 of us left). The FGC here is finally dying and I suppose that is only fitting that I too leave my hometown.

My mother died on Monday at 1:15AM, 40 minutes after I last saw her at the hospice. I thought I had prepared but no, no if there is anything I have learned from all of this it is that there was nothing I could do to prepare emotionally. Everything is changing and I can't really say I'm very good at adapting this time. Things are quite different from when I first visited this place. Never imagined that I'd be here in 2015.

That's life. Lots of good and lots of bad.
Is the SF4 community still there? You're still in Flordia right?

I'm sorry dude. :(

Quote from: JrDude on March 27, 2015, 03:11:13 AM
I teach people how to dance. Getting them ready for weddings, get a date night, trying to get dates themselves, the works.
I also dance competitively, perform, choreograph, and many other dance-related things.
I also go out social dancing almost every weekend, and the only time I don't is when I'm doing something dance work related. So I'm dancing almost every day of every week. It feels pretty badass honestly.

wanna see me do the wave

Macawmoses

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 26, 2015, 10:41:50 PM
Well, the Shonen Otaku Corner is all about Japanese games and good writing.
I said "ahahaha" to your earlier post about old boys clubs and yellow journalism.

But I can agree somewhat to this if for no other reason Shonen is fun to talk with on Twitter.

What do I do? Stuff. And things. Still pretty much as busy as I always have been.

Allegretto

Doing pretty good. Ima lead cook at a grill. Been playing bloodbourne a lot recently.

Viewtifulboy

Quote from: Macawmoses on March 27, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
I said "ahahaha" to your earlier post about old boys clubs and yellow journalism.

But I can agree somewhat to this if for no other reason Shonen is fun to talk with on Twitter.

What do I do? Stuff. And things. Still pretty much as busy as I always have been.
Huh?  Do I know you on Twitter? :O

Zero

The SF4 community here died around the time Super was popular. By the time the next edition was out tournaments had dried up.

If I wanted to play I'd have to drive to Orlando or Miami and I just can't afford that. I have work, so that's that. I'll probably play a lot of online in fighters again once I get a fight stick that isn't locked to just one platform. My old Tournament edition SFIV stick is still in premium condition but I can't seem to sell it to put the money towards a new one that is multi-platform.

Thanks Custom