News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Topic: Solesaver's thoughts blog. (No.10)

Started by solesaver, September 26, 2007, 04:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solesaver

Whoohoo!  Its the decade.  I think that means I've been doing this for 2 whole weeks!  (here and there)

Mr. Resetti as assist trophy.  Personally, I totally expected this.  He is important to the series but I don't think his unique abilities could be best represented as a playable character.  Plus he was a famous trophy from melee

I liked the dialogue that he used for the update.  I do hope there are plenty of different speeches that he uses.  I never did the whole go through and listen to all of resetti's speeches but I hear there a few.  If he always does the same few over and over again they could get boring (even to the gamer) fast.  It is funny the first few times after that it is a waste of time.

I wonder if Resetti will have multiple effects.  It is clear that he will make characters fall asleep.  My questions are:  Is that all he can do?  How large is the range of the "attack"?  Will the trophy user be immune?

This is the first assist trophy that he hasn't really described what happens when you use it.

On a side note... I approve of the sleeping animations.  I wasn't particulary fond of the pshycho colors from melee (and 64 I think)

Feel free to reply with your thoughts on my thoughts on Sakurai's thoughts. Or, just let this poor thread sink down to the bottomless abyss of un-loved threads.

Here is the update I am referring to.

Solesaver's thoughts blog. (No.9)

Tupin

He seems to be like the Devil AT. Instead of moving the stage,he zooms in the camera to focus on him. That's just what it looks like.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

solesaver

I don't think HE zooms in the screen.  That is just how Sakurai made the screen shots, he can do stuff like that.

Java

I really doubt he zooms the screen on him.

Maybe from time to time Resetti will swing his pick at people.  :D