News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

How long does it take you to get a Pokémon up to Competitive Grade?

Started by RundasJ22, March 12, 2010, 09:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RundasJ22

I've been working on my Crobat now, and it's taking me a really long time. Especially with the breeding and such.

So how long does it take you guys to get one pokemon to Competitive Grade?

Spud

I've never trained a Pokemon to be used in competitive matches before. I fi want to play competitive matches, I'll just use shoddy.

Mikoyan

Depends on where you start the Pokemon. Are you talking about breeding it and then bringing it up or just raising its stats? For the former, it takes a good while especially if you don't understand RNG (method for maxing internalized stats); for the latter, it can take less than an hour to finish.

Doodle

A decent chunk out of the day.
I have no patience for IVs, though.
YEAH

Kayo

Breeding? A good day of solid hardcore mass-breeding will get the right nature. I don't care for the IVs, as lognas they're not absolutely horrible. I don't strive for 31s in desired stats but i'd like them above 20.

After that, a good half hour of solid EV training, for maxing 2 stats using vitamins. If I spread the EVs out more, I can use vitamins for the most of it and spend only like 10 minutes EV training.

After that, have to get all desired level-up moves. Usually the rest of the day is spent getting that pokemon to level 50, which is my goal for all competitive pokemon, to get them at least there before letting them sit in my PC until I need them. For some pokemon, it takes a little longer than the rest of the day for moves at level... up to 70. Then there are those pokemon like Shaymin that learn useful moves at level 90-100. Those are mostly Ubers, so I don't worry about them much, since I like to do BT battling.

So yeah, a good 2 days from egg to level 50, though I've taken up to 3 days getting a good egg (if i need the right ability along with nature, or if i need to do a complex family tree to find the right egg moves, that involve 2 or more generations of breeding)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]