News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Overplayed

Started by Macawmoses, May 01, 2010, 10:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

What songs are overplayed on your local radio station? Better yet, what songs are loved without justification?

The biggest one I can think of right now is "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. It's a good song - but when it's played like, 20 times in a day, it's played too much.

The Riddler

Everything that's on the radio is overplayed.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Jeff Probst on May 01, 2010, 10:19:36 PM
Everything that's on the radio is overplayed.
What a sad response. What makes it overplayed just because it's on the radio?

The Riddler

There is essentially no song on the radio, at least here in LI, that isn't over done.
Most stations unfortunately play the same intercourse ing songs every hour.
I've given up on the radio and stick to my iPod plug in.

Honestly I could flip through the stations and it'd be impossible for me to keep track of how many times Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" or more recently Adam intercourse ing Lambert's song are played.

Dog Food

I was going to say "Hey, Soul Sister" and "Need you Now". But, "Bad Romance" is another song that comes pops into my head right now.

And Rob is partially right, most stations will play all the same, most popular song. So in a sense, most songs on the radio are overplayed. But I'm sure there are some stations that only focus on certain genres or only play oldies (like my sister's favorite country station).
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Mystic

Pretty much anything as far as Top 40's music goes is overplayed right now. Especially Lady A and Train. Fuck that poop. What's sad is that there is plenty of music from the same list that could be played, but rarely is.

Rayquarian

Whatever rap song happens to be popular at the time.

THEBIRD

whatever is on the hot 100 list on billboard.com.