News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Freddy or Jason?

Started by Dog Food, May 03, 2010, 02:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

I watched Freddy vs. Jason a while back, and I was a little disappointed with it. I mean, I sat through all that expecting a winner at the end. But how does it end? Freddy "kills" Jason, Jason jumps out of the water like he does in every movie, chops of Freddy's head, and when you think we have a clear winner... Freddy smiles and laughs as the movie ends. Come on. Was that ending supposed to be a satire of basically every horror movie out there or do these writers just not know how to make a definite ending to a film?

Anyway, who would you root for? The ruthless child murderer who was burned to death and came back to murder teens in their sleep with his claws for hands - Freddy? Or the boy who was mocked as a child and drowned in a lake and came back with his machete to kill immoral teens on vacation - Jason?

I like Jason, since he actually has some sympathy tied to his character. But I find Freddy to be a cooler character in general, so I'd say I'd probably go more for him. But I think I was rooting for Jason when I watched the film. Opinions change, I guess.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Nayrman

Gotta root for Jason. At least you can RUN from Jason, with Freddy regardless of what you do it's only a matter of time.

But yea, it was a REALLY stupid movie.

Mystic

Freddy. He was badass. Jason wasn't fun. He didn't intercourse  with the victims. He didn't cause fear like Freddy did.

No matter what, Michael is a better killer than both of them.

Dog Food

Quote from: Classic Luigi on May 03, 2010, 05:10:15 PM
Freddy. He was badass. Jason wasn't fun. He didn't intercourse  with the victims. He didn't cause fear like Freddy did.

No matter what, Michael is a better killer than both of them.
I wanted to do a thread for Freddy, Jason, Michael and Leatherface, but Freddy and Jason had an actual face-off against each other, so I stuck with them. Michael Myers is definitely one of the better ones, though.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Magnum

I like Jason a bit more. Never was a fan of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Maybe it is because I live on Elm Street  :|

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Riddler

Quote from: Magnum on May 03, 2010, 11:04:54 PM

One... two...

Magnum

Quote from: Jeff Probst on May 03, 2010, 11:10:05 PM
One... two...
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Never sleep again!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

THEBIRD

Quote from: Magnum on May 03, 2010, 11:04:54 PM

that's pretty awesome. and i like Freddy better. the only way to really beat him is to get people to forget about him, when Jason has a clear weakness.

Macawmoses

Jason. I love blades like machetes.