News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Heroes [spoilers]

Started by Eizweir, October 02, 2008, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

Heroes season 3 has started, and I'm confused like always.
What are everybodies thoughts so far?  The idea of the doctor person 'creating' heroes is interesting, he must've known about the formula long before Dr. Suresh. (sp?)

Anyways, this season looks to be really, really good.  The worse part is waiting a week to see the next episode :-X
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Jono2

the writing has been weak since the end of the first season.  it hasn't gotten any better.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Moriarty

Quote from: Jono2 on October 02, 2008, 10:05:03 PM
the writing has been weak since the end of the first season.  it hasn't gotten any better.

It's quite atrocious. Here's a friend's take that sums it up quite nicely:

"I honestly cannot remember a show that has ever tanked so catastrophically as this show has.

Good lord what a complete and utter FUBARed mess of a story-line. I'm absolutely convinced that not even the writers have any idea of where they are, where they're going, or what they're doing"..."this show has refined the use of "deus ex machina" contrivances to an art form. The writers keep painting themselves into a corner and then just invent whatever they need to extricate themselves. As such, you absolutely cannot invest yourself in the story. For example, when Hiro stabbed Ando last night, I didn't react with a "OMG, how could Hiro kill Ando!". No, I just shrugged my shoulders, uttered a "meh", and idly wondered what stupidity the writers were going to come up with next week to explain how Ando didn't really die. At this point, to say that Heroes has jumped the shark is a mammoth understatement.

Over on aintitcoolnews' review of this show, they quoted from Wikipedia's entry on "idiot plot":

In literary and film criticism, an idiot plot is a plot which (in the words of the Turkey City Lexicon), "functions only because all the characters involved are idiots: They behave in a way that suits the author's convenience, rather than through any rational motivation of their own." Alternate formulations describe only the protagonist as being an idiot.

Well not only have the characters of this show fallen into idiot plot territory, the writers have fallen into just plain old idiot territory. They, along with the show runner, should be fired in disgrace.

For a show that had such tremendous potential, I feel only sadness to finally say that I'm out."

I have to agree on virtually all counts. The writers have no continuity from previous season or the online graphic novels whatsoever (Apparently Pa Petrelli didn't have a power. Now he does. Go figure.) It's quite frustrating that they have so many characters, and together this completely limits the ability for an character development and advancement in character relationships. For about 40 episodes now, we've had this Do I Trust Him?/Do I Believe Him? thing with HRG and Claire. It's getting pretty old and they need to move on. Anytime poop happens and they can't think of anything to do, boom goes the dynamite and the time travel. Yet they refuse to use it for events that would actually make sense to use it (i.e. Adam escapes Ando & Hiro last night in episode 305 - so why didn't Hero go back in time 5 minutes and redo it? Or hell, even freeze time to find him since Adam wouldn't be able to move.)

This show has just gotten ridiculous. I may or may not continue watching, but at this point it won't matter because with these terrible writers, nobody can understand what the intercourse  they are doing.
QuoteWhere'd Annyong get that juice box?

Eizweir

I'm not going to quote all that, but yeah I see your point now after that last episode.
I'm a huge fan, or was, so I ignored all the annoying stuff up until this point.  But this last episode was too much. "Stab Ando." "lol, ok"
I was just like  :|
What happened to Adam's, Claire's, and Peter's blood being able to heal people?  It would've made the beginning with Nathan's almost-death make more sense.
I still have no idea what the heck is going on with Suresh, when Peter goes into the future, he doesn't act as agressive as he is in the present, which doesn't make sense 'cause you'd think it would only get worse.

I'm just lost, even the basic story of season 3 could be much more succesful if they fixed all this other crap.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Shujinco2

I'm confused also.

Sylar's a good guy in the future and only semi-good in the present.
Peter is becoming evil in the present, a good guy in the future, but considered evil.
Claire is evil in the future and only semi-evil in the present. (Getting there.)
Nathen was evil, but now realises the truth, so he's good, and he's evil in the future.
Maury is back from the dead all of a sudden.

Yeah, I'm really confused.

And Marth, I believe Adam's blood DID revive Nathan, again, but Maury made Nathan seem like Linderman did it. I think.

To me, It's still kinda good. They did have the writers strike, which screwed up Season 2 ALOT. But the thing I don't like is how so many different people share the same ability. Such as, Isaac Mendez, Sylar, Peter, and that Aboriginese dude all have the ability to paint the future. I mean, that's a pretty unique skill for 4 people to share. Same with spontanious regeneration. And whatever Matt does.