News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

One of my latest Banners (What could I have done to make it better?)

Started by FruitFlow, July 07, 2008, 04:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

What do you think of it?

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

In all honesty, not trying to be mean. But it sucks.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zies

...It's very dull...

...And big...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

FruitFlow

Quote from: JrDude on July 07, 2008, 04:11:55 PM
In all honesty, not trying to be mean. But it sucks.
That's fine.

Quote from: Zies on July 07, 2008, 04:13:40 PM
...It's very dull...

...And big...
Yeah. The giganticness was my biggest mistake.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

FruitFlow

I stopped making sigs and banners about 4 or 5 months ago.
So I'm just getting warmed up again.

Zies

...The banner and your current signature are very similar...

...To start off, make the dimensions of your images smaller...
...Have perhaps a 1:3 ratio of your height to width, just on a smaller scale compared to what you're currently using...

...Also, your font choice could be better...
...Click, search there...:>...

...Lastly, try doing more with the renders rather then just sticking them in there...
...Try some resizing if the original size doesn't fit...
...Do a little blending on them, maybe; and sharpen them...

...And add borders...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

FruitFlow

Quote from: Zies on July 08, 2008, 09:33:40 AM
...The banner and your current signature are very similar...

...To start off, make the dimensions of your images smaller...
...Have perhaps a 1:3 ratio of your height to width, just on a smaller scale compared to what you're currently using...

...Also, your font choice could be better...
...Click, search there...:>...

...Lastly, try doing more with the renders rather then just sticking them in there...
...Try some resizing if the original size doesn't fit...
...Do a little blending on them, maybe; and sharpen them...

...And add borders...
Alright, thanks for the tips.
I've stopped doing these things for 7 months and have forgotten almost everything.

Chloroform?

Rather than just having two characters on some random background, engulf them in the sig so it looks like they were meant to be there. Otherwise you might as well not have any background at all.