News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Failstabs.

Started by Kierou, June 30, 2009, 09:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kierou

I was at my friend's house ((Because my computer died)) playing TF2 for the first time. I played spy the entire 3 hours I played, and never one failstabbed. Facestabbed a few times, but never failstabbed. Are failstabs blown out of proportion? Or am I just crazy lucky?

Jono2

you were just lucky, AND they're overblown.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Mario583

Failstabs are very rare.

One time, it took me 3 backstabs to kill an enemy spy (he was taunting) :robotangry:

And another on a Sniper or Heavy, I do not recall....

NJNETSFAN15

It really depends.

I've got like 350 hours as spy, and the number of times i failstab depends on a lot of things. They DO exist, and depending how you play spy, they'll happen more often or less often. After the update that messed up backstabs (sped them up, but stabbing people next to walls was impossible) I got failstabs constantly.

A lot of "failstabs" are the result of lag though. The spy is aiming at the persons back, but when the game registers everything, the person's side or something else gets hit, which results in what YOU saw as a backstab, being a frontal stab to the target.

Now there are just flat out failstabs, like when people are taunting, or standing still, and you stab them square in the back, and the hitbox gets messed up. Generally the reason for this is the OPPOSITE of most facestabs, where the knife's hitbox reaches through the targets and hits the back, but instead you are too close and your knife doesn't register on thier back, but instead on thier front.

IDK if that's the surefire explaination, but somebody on the steam forums did some experiments and came up with that conclusion, and it made sense to me.

Totla

Quote from: Mario583 on June 30, 2009, 10:36:16 PM
Failstabs are very rare.

One time, it took me 3 backstabs to kill an enemy spy (he was taunting) :robotangry:

And another on a Sniper or Heavy, I do not recall....
When you taunt, hitbox is whatever you were doing before you taunted. So if you did the crabspy taunt with Spy, and someone shot where your head was during the taunt, it'd be a bodyshot, but if they shot where your head was before the taunt, it'd be a headshot.

Mario583

Quote from: Tortylla on July 06, 2009, 12:38:27 AM
When you taunt, hitbox is whatever you were doing before you taunted. So if you did the crabspy taunt with Spy, and someone shot where your head was during the taunt, it'd be a bodyshot, but if they shot where your head was before the taunt, it'd be a headshot.
So....Valve intercourse ed up basically.

Jono2

Quote from: Mario583 on July 06, 2009, 11:13:08 AM
So....Valve intercourse ed up basically.

quicker than having to make hitboxes for every single animation that they pump out

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen