News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda: A Smashing Hit

Started by THEBIRD, April 20, 2008, 06:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEBIRD

Legend of Zelda: A Smashing Hit

A crappy Paint Comic series about Link. And, of course, all the other Nintendo characters will be featured. A cookie to anyone who can point out what sprites were used for which franchise. And a huge cake to anyone who can tell me what the sign reads. A major hint is not only in this sentence, but is in the character right by the sign.

If this series makes it off the ground, I'll put more information in this post. For now, it remains small and... uninhabitated.

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

THEBIRD

Extra Edit Post

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

THEBIRD

Quote from: JrDude on April 20, 2008, 06:35:30 PM
First Post!
You are very lucky. When this thing becomes the smashing hit it is meant to be, you can sell that post on Ebay for millions of dollars. Congratulations.

Anyways, here's the Pilot Comic. Ignore how, for lack of a better word, filled with stuff it is. I just felt like outdoing myself for the first one.

The first few comics will probably be random like this one. I'm getting a feel for it, trying to figure out what exactly I want to do, and get some readers. Oh, and if you want a rough translation of what Link is saying, just ask and I'll attempt my best to translate it for you.

Dr.Hobo2

Ahahahaha...It's as if nobody has ever used a joke like that before of Link not being able to talk and is very satirically pointed out in this comic. It is funny...

[/sarcasm?] (I'll leave that for you to decide. :P >:D)

And all right, I suppose I'll ask...what was Link trying to say?

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

THEBIRD

lulz I know, right? But that wasn't the joke of the comic. The real joke was the fact that it was based on Lassie. Thus, the name being Linkie. I was going to make it more obvious by Zelda saying "What is it, Linkie? Is (name not decided yet) stuck in a well?" or something along those lines. Another clue could have been the fact that Zelda got down on her knees to talk to him, as if he was some animal. Either way, I'm sure it's been done before.

As for what he was saying, it wasn't anything special XD.

Link: Hello Folks, welcome to this comic. (or some other crappy introduction)
Link: What the hell?
Link: OMG SOMEONE HELP I LOST MY VOICE! (technically he still has his voice. He just lost the ability to form most words.)
Link: Zelda! Help, I can't speak! Do something!
Zelda: blah blah blah (I never could understand women)
Link: Nevermind... Nevermind...

And @ JR

Actually, that sign says 'Go Back'. But I was talking about the sign in the Title. The Cover Page, I guess you could call it.

SkyMyl

I hope the other comics are better, but that was still hilarious. Better than mine, anyway.

PsychoYoshi

Please note that I reserve the right to post the Evil Portal whenever I deem it necessary.

THEBIRD

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 21, 2008, 08:22:16 AM
I hope the other comics are better, but that was still hilarious. Better than mine, anyway.
That's for you to decide. This next one will be the last random comic, then I'll move on to a plot and bring in the other characters besides Link.

Quote from: PsychoYoshi on April 21, 2008, 01:49:20 PM
Please note that I reserve the right to post the Evil Portal whenever I deem it necessary.
Noted. Though I really don't know what the Evil Portal is, it doesn't sound like a good thing... Still, I'll take the fact that you posted here as a compliment, so thanks :P.

This next issue is a little more cluttered and bigger than the last, so it's in a link rather than having the image stretched and cut off on the screen.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9706/02vd4.png

Honestly, it was a lot better in my head. I know I shouldn't post it if I'm not 100% happy with it, but I'm doing it anyway. These last two were fillers, so now that these are done, I'll get onto a plot. Enjoy!

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .