News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

No more Myspace-esque threads?

Started by Lotos, January 17, 2008, 02:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Is there really a problem with them?  Is it possible to bend the rules like with the no just link threads, like for example:

QuoteI failed my algebra test.  What was the last test you failed?

or

QuoteI'm going to my aunt's house.  This is going to suck  :-[  Hope I can get I can get on NSF when I get on there.

(alright, maybe not the last one)

FullmetalGanon

Lotos

Quote from: FullmetalGanon on January 17, 2008, 02:52:33 PM
You mean blogs? Niiii
Look at PY's floated topic.  (At least someone finally addressed the link only threads)

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Lotos on January 17, 2008, 02:48:32 PM
Is there really a problem with them?  Is it possible to bend the rules like with the no just link threads, like for example:

QuoteI failed my algebra test.  What was the last test you failed?

or

QuoteI'm going to my aunt's house.  This is going to suck  :-[  Hope I can get I can get on NSF when I get on there.

(alright, maybe not the last one)

#1 is iffy. #2 is a definite no. Use common sense. If you're just getting on to rant and don't see a thread going anywhere aside from "im sry :'(" or "thats too bad", it doesn't belong here.

Zovistograt

How about, "No more Myspace-esque threads unless the thread in question is actually quite entertaining and/or relevant to at least one other person's interests"
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)