News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

you should really check this band out

Started by Nobody, June 17, 2008, 11:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody

Tupin

I'm scared away by the fact that it is on MySpace.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nobody

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 17, 2008, 11:17:09 AM
I'm scared away by the fact that it is on MySpace.
Why? I hate myspace, too, but not so much that it scares me =/ that's just silly!

Zovistograt

I listened to 30 seconds of "A War Older than its Soldiers" and got bored.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nobody

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 17, 2008, 11:23:33 AM
I get it, it has meaning, therefore, you don't like it. geez, you people have no taste.

sonicdude164

They're not bad, just pretty boring.

If you guys want to hear a good band then go http://www.myspace.com/4wn
It's too bad they only have one song recorded though. There is a sweet solo at the end of it though, so definitely listen to the whole thing

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nobody on June 17, 2008, 11:25:23 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on June 17, 2008, 11:23:33 AM
I get it, it has meaning, therefore, you don't like it. geez, you people have no taste.
What?!  No, I just don't like slow rock like that.  I find nothing special about this band.  Sure, songs can have meaning, and some songs have great meaning.  However, if a song only has meaning and nothing to get engrossed in, why would I listen to it?  I listen to music to be immersed and excited at the same time.  My music of choice is usually UK hardcore or gabber, which is basically electronic music with a 4/4 beat and extreme synths at a constant 170-200 BPM and sometimes faster.  I also listen to breakcore sometimes, which is very irregular and artistic electronic music with heavy drum machine experimentation and a sometimes irregular time signature.  As far as rock and related stuff is concerned, I like it experimental.  I usually don't go for "regular" rock (which is what I consider this, along with practically anything that is labeled "alternative"), but sometimes I'll listen to progressive rock, since some of it is quite experimental.  I like to listen to music from all over the world, but in doing so I realized that my least favorite type of music (besides gangsta rap) is American mainstream rock.  These people might not be a mainstream band, but I cannot find a single thing about them that makes them stand out from the crowd.  They're not bad...they're just not great, in my opinion.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kilroy

I'm more into classic rawk. When I say classic, I mean between 70s - 90s. I like some newer rock, too.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zovistograt

Quote from: Byte on June 17, 2008, 12:02:58 PM
I'm more into classic rawk. When I say classic, I mean between 70s - 90s. I like some newer rock, too.
classic rock is much more exciting than this.

Kilroy

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 17, 2008, 12:10:43 PM
Except a 2 and a half minute keyboard solo that uses the same pattern it's been using for the entire song.

Won't Get Fooled Again ~ The Who, btw.
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zovistograt

Quote from: Byte on June 17, 2008, 12:15:28 PM
Except a 2 and a half minute keyboard solo that uses the same pattern it's been using for the entire song.

:D

Kilroy

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 17, 2008, 12:21:18 PM
Quote from: Byte on June 17, 2008, 12:15:28 PM

:D
The keyboard is awesome in that song, but it DOESN'T CHANGE THE PATTERN FOR THE SOLO ;-;

So it's just doo doo doo doo doo dee doo doo doo doo dee doo doo doo doo dee doo doo doo doo dee doo doo doo doo dee  for 2 and a half minutes =/
 FOR NSF MASCOT