News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

1-week old pup flushed down the drain by a 4-year old toddler

Started by FruitFlow, June 18, 2009, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

A 4-year old child named Daniel Blair attempts to give his 1-week old puppy a bath in the toilet.
He tells that after playing outside the puppy was covered in lots of mud, and that it needed cleaning, and during the process, accidently flushes the pup down the drain.

Four whole hours had passed as the Fire Brigade and RSPCA failed to retrieve the poor baby pup to safety.

Will Craig, a plumber from Dyno-Rod was the puppy's last hope and managed  pluck it out of the drain unharmed.
Along with the assistance of their CCTV technology, which they used to pinpoint the exact location of the pup and gently push him toward where Will could easily pull the puppy to safety.

The puppy was later transfered to the local vet and is remarkably unharmed and recovering atm, and remains oblivious to this horrid experience.

Dyno-Rod also left the family at no charges for this rescue and claim that they were only worried about the life and safety of the pup.

If you can not bare to see the story and are very sensative.
I ask that you please refrain from viewing this vid:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

What are your opinions and thoughts on this?
Do you blame the mother for not supervising her son?
Do you think the child is at fault for this?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Macawmoses

First of all, you need to post the full url and not-spoilers in order for the vid to work. Just a note.

As for the topic at hand, I asked myself if it is SD or not. I am still having issues truly answering that.

However, it does probe a bit. Why do parents think they can just allow children free reign? Why aren't the parents being billed for the cost?

To me, young parents need to be taught a lesson - and that is that they are responsible. They were responsible for the dog, and should be responsible for the costs associated. They were responsible for the child, and should discipline him (in my eyes). And more so, they are responsible for educating their young one, so when they do fail to watch, it doesn't blow itself up or drown a puppy.

Doodle

What the heck?
You shouldn't even have a puppy with a child that young running around. The kid even used the toilet to clean the dog up. He was clueless. The parents need to go over some ground rules with the kid if they're going to keep that dog. Otherwise sell the dog.
YEAH

Dog Food

It's a one week old puppy. The parents shouldn't be letting the kid play with it alone. If I'm not mistaken, at one week their eyes aren't even open yet. It's the parents fault. You can't blame a four year old kid; he didn't know any better. The parents need to keep watch of their child and supervise him if he's going to mess around with a defenseless puppy. Once both the boy and the dog gets older, they can lessen the leash. But until then, in order to keep their dogs safe, they need a tight jurisdiction.

I wouldn't yell and scream at the boy. They should pull him aside and talk about 'playing nice' with the dog, and to tell them if he ever needs to be cleaned or anything else again. "We're grown-ups so we'll handle that, okay Danny? You might accidently hurt the puppy. It's not your fault, but you don't know the right way of cleaning him yet. Let us take care of him until you are older..." etc. If he's going to play with the one week old, then at least one of them should be watching, or at least close by so they can be on sight if anything bad might happen again. And, like I said, they need to explain to their son that the responsibilities of the dog would be better left to them and the dog's mother. He can play with the puppy, but leave the dirty work to the adults. I don't think the kid would complain too much at that offer.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Wabba

Lack of parenting.

Who leaves a 4 year old alone with a week old puppy?

Lotos

L10

Reminds me of that cat that was strangled with a video game controller >_>

tsktsktsk people these days.
0o!f

Mario583

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Lotos

FruitFlow

Linkman

Quote from: Mario583 on June 19, 2009, 09:59:37 AM
All I can say:

Wut?
Surely there is more you can say about this baby DOG.

Anyway staying on topic, I think the parents should be watching their son more.  I know this really isn't that big of a deal, but from the looks of it whatever they had to do to get the puppy out probably cost some amount of money.  As Mack said the parents should be held responsible for this. 

Also aren't there more important things for people to put on the news?  Seriously its like every news thread on here is about unimportant things that have a big deal made about them.

FruitFlow

Actually, Dyno-Rod didn't charge the family at all.
And they should be glad for that too.

They claimed that they only wanted to rescue the puppy and that its life was more important.

The Seventh

Quote from: Macbeth on June 18, 2009, 04:03:28 PM
First of all, you need to post the full url and not-spoilers in order for the vid to work. Just a note.

As for the topic at hand, I asked myself if it is SD or not. I am still having issues truly answering that.

However, it does probe a bit. Why do parents think they can just allow children free reign? Why aren't the parents being billed for the cost?

To me, young parents need to be taught a lesson - and that is that they are responsible. They were responsible for the dog, and should be responsible for the costs associated. They were responsible for the child, and should discipline him (in my eyes). And more so, they are responsible for educating their young one, so when they do fail to watch, it doesn't blow itself up or drown a puppy.
OH MY GOD true. 

I based on this, I think they can barely keep this kid under control, let alone take care of a poor puppy.

Based on the age of the puppy, I think they must be taking care of a litter.
meh