News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Petition To Bring Custom Back

Started by CoasterKid93, November 03, 2011, 12:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Spookyhawk79 on November 04, 2011, 10:47:59 PM
Far enough. I knocked two weeks off...making it only 7 more days.
wololo

Mission Accomplished
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Wyvern on November 04, 2011, 08:20:09 AM
He has a point. And what is the meaning of this forum again? All im seeing is a group of people who are falling into disarray with neglect from a leader. Look at what has happened, if some of you who have been here for a long time actually realize this and aren't denying the fact its falling down the tubes. I may not have been here the whole time, but i've seen plenty of things hit rock bottom. Its been trollfest trollfest, random ban, restore, trollfest trollfest trollfest and recycles all over again, no real reasonable point to it.

This is what you call a nostalgic replacement of Nsider? Check again. You're far off the map from where you think you are. Sure wasn't like this 2 years ago when i came here.

This is nothing new; the forum has been in a state of slow atrophy pretty much since Metroid!Fucker decided to throw a temper tantrum and Silver was forced to create this place as a replacement. There was a brief period of stagnation (as opposed to decay) in between that point and the point when Snorkel sold us out. From there, it was pretty much a long, slow slide downward, especially once Vaatix left.

The stupidity has always been here and has never left: in the beginning it was M!F, Lamemaster, and several other 14 year-old boys who projected an aura of faux-niceness while being generally poopty moderators and administrators. It has since morphed into several 16 through 18 year-old boys who post walls of giant red text, horrible punctuation, etc. for no other purpose than to 'joke around' or get a rise out of people.

You have two choices when dealing with these people: the method that I used to use and Silver's method. With my method, you give a painful slap on the wrist followed by a (almost) no-exceptions permaban. Eliminates the poop holes and retards pretty quickly, but it reduces the amount of forum traffic, and everyone (correctly) accuses you of being Orwellian. And in an Internet with thousands of Nintendo or VG forums, your chances of getting a large influx of new, well-behaved members to replace the ones you banned are very remote unless you have some kind of unique killer app or feature that no one else has.

Silver's method is the Almost-Infinite Second Chance Method, where you ban people, cave to the forum whenever they start whining that a ban is too long, and then scratch your head and wonder why the forum is filled with poop again once the people at fault are unbanned. Lets you keep a reasonable amount of traffic, but the amount of good or even kinda-vaguely-funny to crappy posts ratio drops dramatically.

The forum is effectively darned if you do, darned if you don't.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on November 05, 2011, 12:57:39 PM
This is nothing new; the forum has been in a state of slow atrophy pretty much since Metroid!Fucker decided to throw a temper tantrum and Silver was forced to create this place as a replacement. There was a brief period of stagnation (as opposed to decay) in between that point and the point when Snorkel sold us out. From there, it was pretty much a long, slow slide downward, especially once Vaatix left.

The stupidity has always been here and has never left: in the beginning it was M!F, Lamemaster, and several other 14 year-old boys who projected an aura of faux-niceness while being generally poopty moderators and administrators. It has since morphed into several 16 through 18 year-old boys who post walls of giant red text, horrible punctuation, etc. for no other purpose than to 'joke around' or get a rise out of people.

You have two choices when dealing with these people: the method that I used to use and Silver's method. With my method, you give a painful slap on the wrist followed by a (almost) no-exceptions permaban. Eliminates the poop holes and retards pretty quickly, but it reduces the amount of forum traffic, and everyone (correctly) accuses you of being Orwellian. And in an Internet with thousands of Nintendo or VG forums, your chances of getting a large influx of new, well-behaved members to replace the ones you banned are very remote unless you have some kind of unique killer app or feature that no one else has.

Silver's method is the Almost-Infinite Second Chance Method, where you ban people, cave to the forum whenever they start whining that a ban is too long, and then scratch your head and wonder why the forum is filled with poop again once the people at fault are unbanned. Lets you keep a reasonable amount of traffic, but the amount of good or even kinda-vaguely-funny to crappy posts ratio drops dramatically.

The forum is effectively darned if you do, darned if you don't.
Pretty much. As soon as I try to put my foot down, half the forum explodes with whining and I'm intercourse ed no matter what I do.

Kayo

Quote from: Spookyhawk79 on November 05, 2011, 05:47:20 PM
Pretty much. As soon as I try to put my foot down, half the forum explodes with whining and I'm intercourse ed no matter what I do.
Because the people are whiners who don't understand that the person you banned did anything wrong, and they're too blind to see the stupidity of their posts. I don't know why you give in to all the whining, because the fans of the problem user are usually just as bad as the user himself. So should you ban all of them? Absolutely not. Leave the one user banned (Why the intercourse  would you shorten it) and just say "Let this be a lesson to all of you". You don't have to give in.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayghost on November 05, 2011, 06:12:14 PM
Because the people are whiners who don't understand that the person you banned did anything wrong, and they're too blind to see the stupidity of their posts. I don't know why you give in to all the whining, because the fans of the problem user are usually just as bad as the user himself. So should you ban all of them? Absolutely not. Leave the one user banned (Why the intercourse  would you shorten it) and just say "Let this be a lesson to all of you". You don't have to give in.

You've been banned before, Mr. Mini-Mod.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses