News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Confused about the computer...

Started by Sillyri, November 21, 2007, 01:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sillyri

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100. My problem is that I can't play videos on it. We use Mozilla Firefox.

Well, we CAN play videos on it, it's just that the sound will always play one part, pause, go up again, pause... and the picture does the same thing. Does anyone know what to do in this situation?

-Sillyri

Zovistograt

That would be called buffering  ::)

It's because the video wants to play faster than it can load.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Sillyri

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 21, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

NEW QUESTION YAY!: Sorry bout that... Buffering... can I get it to "buffer" faster, by any chance?

Zovistograt

Quote from: Sillyri on November 21, 2007, 01:37:46 PM

NEW QUESTION YAY!: Sorry bout that... Buffering... can I get it to "buffer" faster, by any chance?
get a faster internet connection or watch videos that are faster file types I suppose...
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

bluaki

Buffering speed is basically the same as your internet speed. You can't get a faster internet speed unless you get a better service provider.

L10

in other words pause it and let it load.......or you need a better processor/RAM but idk what that computer has in the way of anything.... you cant buffer faster, well if you get a faster internet connection i suppose....
0o!f

Sillyri

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 21, 2007, 01:38:50 PM

get a faster internet connection or watch videos that are faster file types I suppose...

[insert cursing and swearing here]!!! Okay... whatever... DARN... I just got a new computer too, except my mom won't let me on the Internet because it oddly eats up the DVD drive... okay, thanks for the help. Bye.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Sillyri on November 21, 2007, 01:42:30 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on November 21, 2007, 01:38:50 PM

[insert cursing and swearing here]!!! Okay... whatever... DARN... I just got a new computer too, except my mom won't let me on the Internet because it oddly eats up the DVD drive... okay, thanks for the help. Bye.
eats up as in...literally destroys it?

wth

MCRFan666

the dell inspiron 1501 is way better im ordering one soon
Join SSF Today!

I took this picture, yo!  I am an aspiring photographer!

Sillyri

Quote from: MCRFan666 on November 21, 2007, 01:45:41 PM
the dell inspiron 1501 is way better im ordering one soon
[sarcasm]Oh THANKS for making me feel SO MUCH BETTER...[/sarcasm]

Sillyri

YIPPEE! Mymomhadatalkwithmydadandnowhesaidthaticangoonthenewcomputersonowimhappyandreallysugarhighandnowimgoingtowatchkidnationsothanksbye!

sonicdude164

Quote from: Sillyri on November 21, 2007, 02:01:32 PM
YIPPEE! Mymomhadatalkwithmydadandnowhesaidthaticangoonthenewcomputersonowimhappyandreallysugarhighandnowimgoingtowatchkidnationsothanksbye!
Now your spacce broke?

L10

Quote from: KOOLMAN8889 on November 21, 2007, 02:04:30 PM
Quote from: Sillyri on November 21, 2007, 02:01:32 PM
Now your spacce broke?
theleftsideofmyspacebardoesntwork   :(
0o!f