News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Vault -> Movies -> Brawl Skits

Started by DededeCloneChris, April 09, 2010, 09:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Hello, everyone. This time, as I'm aiming to see new kinds of fictions in this section. Thankfully, I picked up interest in starting "skits" in the same format as fellow writer Twilight Scribe's writing style, who allowed me to do the same here.

For those who don't know what skits are, skits are small conversations used in all kinds of "Tales of..." games series where characters argue, discuss, and talk about important or unimportant things related to the plot of even themselves.

Okay, here's how things work. In this style, you're not going to see much actions. Also, there won't be points in the chapters where the person who is talking will be depicted at all. Now, I know you're thinking, "Then how are we supposed to know who's talking when there's no way to know without guessing?"

Well, it's simple enough.

Before the start of any chapter, you'll get a very basic plot synopsis with the characters that will appear. In the small synopsis, you'll see who is talking by seeing how their dialogues are depicted in normal, italic, bold, underlined, and any mixes of all for multiple characters.

Take in mind that these chapters tend to be very short, discussing some kind of interesting topic. Topics here will always involve: Subspace cutscenes, stage battles, items, and many more. There are NOT going to be any instances that revolve about (crazy) fandom out there.

Oh, and to make things a bit more interesting, non-speaking characters WILL have to talk so we avoid using only the ones that ACTUALLY speak English, so bear that with me, okay?

Important notice: Subspace skits will have characters not know each other as in the mode (with some exceptions since some come from the same world), while other skits will have them know each other outside the mode.

With that away, I hope I do my best to entertain all people reading this.

This skit will happen if you saved Zelda and ended up fighting Link and Yoshi. Mario is normal, Pit is italics, Link is bold, and Yoshi is underlined.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Traitor!

"Wait a minute... Yoshi, why do you want to fight against me? I thought you didn't want to."

"H-huh? U-um, well, you see... L-Link convinced me you were evil for attacking Zelda, his princess...so...I..."

"B-but I don't think that was the real one because it was one created by those dark spores! I mean, why would we attack such an ugly-looking princess?"

"Did you just call Zelda an ugly-looking princess, you bastard? You should die for that!" (Swings sword at Pit)

"W-wait, don't swing that sword on me! H-hey, please, stop! M-Mario!"

"Pit, I think it was a bad idea to comment how shadows looked evil..."

"Did you just call Zelda an evil princess, shorty?" (Starts attacking Mario)

"W-wait, you're misunderstanding here! Y-Yoshi, do something! You know him more than I do!"

"I-I'd prefer if I didn't bother Link and his crazy rage behavior, thank you very much..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really didn't think saving Peach was the right option. I mean, if you did choose that one, wouldn't it make Mario's Sonic style rush towards Link a little bit...OOC for him? It makes more sense if you saved Zelda and ended up fighting Link, who fits more in the image of revenge...

So, did you understand how things work here? I hope you did. Since these chapters are really short to do, it'll be really easy for me to get something up very commonly. Also, you're free to suggest me an idea of something that could be worth noticing to make a skit out of it. You can send a suggestion along with your review (and when I mean review, I mean the REVIEW and then the SUGGESTION. Don't you just write a suggestion in the review. comment about the chapter as well).

Well, I encourage readers to review and suggest a worthy topic. ;)

...Or I'll save Peach and make Mario run Sonic style at Link.

DededeCloneChris

Here's yet another skit for you.

This would play when Olimar, Meta Knight, and Peach are in a match in the Distant Planet where Olimar loses a certain numbers of Pikmins thanks to Meta Knight. Olimar is normal, Peach is bold, and Meta Knight is italic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barbaric

"S-stop, just stop, please! I-I can't take this anymore!"

"W-what seems to be the problem?"

"I-I've lost so many Pikmins in this match that I can't just take it anymore! M-make him stop slicing them to their deaths already!"

"Oh, here he comes..."

"There you are. Are you ready to continue?"

"W-why do you have to display such cruelty against my poor Pikmins? Y-you slice every single one of them whenever I pluck them out! Why? Why do you do such a horrible thing?!"

"That is simply because it renders you from further attacking me. They're just tools for you to use in here and nothing else. Now, en garde!" (Chases Olimar)

"S-such barbaric nature you have, I swear!" (Runs away from Meta Knight)

"...It makes you think most of us are very barbaric while on matches..."

This skit was created in a homage for those unlucky and pacifists characters (Yoshi, Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Popo, Nana, Olimar, Peach, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Ness, Lucas, Toon Link, and Mr. G&W) who have to be put up against really nasty barbarians (pretty much everyone else not mentioned here, who happen to be a lot) every single day.

Oh, and that also counts Pikmins.

DededeCloneChris

A reminder to all readers: skits are SUPPOSED to be short. It they were to be enlarged, then they wouldn't be called skits anymore. For that fact, please don't complain that they're "too short" or something since it would defeat the whole purpose.

This skit would play if Marth sees Pit "flying" in Skyworld. Marth is normal, and Pit is bold.

-Fly-

"Are you...kidding me?"

"Um, what am I kidding you for?"

"Well...no offense, but you said you were able to fly, right?"

"Of course I can fly."

"Sorry for being rude...but you didn't fly just now. It looked as if you were just flapping your wings to get some additional jumps."

"W-what? That's preposterous and so insulting coming from you! Don't you see I'm an angel?"

"And angel...that doesn't know how to fly correctly?"

"Y-you're just being a bully now! I-I'm an angel of Palutena's army; a general! How dare you insult me like that? You should be sent to the Underworld for that even though you're of royal blood! T-that's it, I'm out of here! I'm going to show you that I CAN fly! Palutena shall be a witness of your nonsense about this!" ("Flies" off down.)

"...Some people like to think they can fly when they can just glide down...I feel pity for them all, though..."

Flying Smashers...more like gliding Smashers. They're forever dammed to glide down in the complicate and random universe that is Brawl... Oh well, they would be cheating if they did fly and stayed in the air forever without being touched.

DededeCloneChris

Time for a new skit.

This would happen after the Brawl cast defeats Tabuu, and they all stand on a random cliff looking at the sunset. Mario is normal and Sonic is bold. Enjoy

-Quick Attack-

"So, your name is Sonic, right?"

"Yep, the world's fastest heghehog."

"Can I ask you something, Sonic?"

"Sure."

"Remember when you came out of nowhere and used that...curling attack you did on Tabuu's wings?"

"Yeah. I saved everyone's butts with a Homing Attack."

"I know that, and we're thankful you did, but...how did you hurt Tabuu's wings so badly? I mean, I remember when the battle started and everyone landed attacks on him, but his wings didn't turn us into trophies anymore. You rather fought him normally, but you couldn't manage to hurt his wings even more. How is it that you hurt him a lot when you attacked him?"

"Oh, that's because I used a super quick attack when he wasn't looking at my direction."

"...Sonic, I know there had to be something else in your explanation..."

"Hmm, not really. All I did was a super quick attack on him, but he then started warping around the area so I couldn't reach him out."

"But..."

"Look, unlike you guys, I DID land the first hit on him, and I was lucky I hit his charging wings. I thought he'd unleash some kind of super attack, so why not attacking those wings first? Also, didn't you get I'm the world's fastest hedgehog? My attacks are pretty much lethal!"

"I...supposed you're right, Sonic..."

"Good, because I'm not the kind of guy who sits around and watches a surprise enemy appear out of nowhere and attack me. None of you did that, right?"

"...We did..."

"...Sheesh...you guys are too slow, I swear."

And the hedgehog proves that being impatient was a good action because, technically speaking, all the Smashers did a grave mistake: shoot glares and stare at the frickin' rings of DEATH coming at them without doing anything else.

Thanks for DianaGohan for submitting this idea!

DededeCloneChris

A new day, a new skit. This is like the previous skit "Fly", but it is told in the Subspace Emissary storyline.

This would play after Pit uses a footstool jump on Mario after failing to catch the Ancient Minister. Mario is normal and Pit is bold.

-Just for Show?-

"P-Pit...would you answer me something?"

"Um, what, Mario?"

"Why didn't you fly towards our enemy instead of using my head as a supporter to make you jump father? Thanks to that, I got a bruise on my face."

"A-about that...I...didn't...think about doing it..."

"...Are you absolutely sure about that?"

"Y-yes, I am absolutely sure about that!"

"Hmm, and here I thought angels knew when to fly. I hope those wings aren't for...show."

"...Are you trying to say I can't fly, Mario? I'm a general of Palutena's army! Didn't you think I knew how to fly because of my position?"

"I'm not saying that you can't fly, Pit. It's just that it made me confused when you used me to jump farther..."

"Well, if you're so doubtful about it, let's try to catch up with our enemy again. Once we do so, you'll see me fly and punish him for provoking this madness."

"Okay, that sounds more like it. Let's go, then. Hopefully I'll see how good you are at flying, Pit." (Runs off to the east)

"...I hope he or anybody else doesn't find out that I'm still learning how to fly properly. I'm just a general because I saved Skyworld, not because of my wings... Why, oh why do I have to endure this embarrassing fact, Palutena? I better start doing secret flight practices or else I'm doomed forever..." (Runs off to the east)

Let's all be honest here about the fact that Pit isn't just good at flying. Thank video game logic, though. It makes a lot sense sometimes, then it makes no sense many times. For Pit? He just has bad luck. May the skies give him the gift to fly (someday...)

DededeCloneChris

Please, always remind yourself that you need to be listened at all times.

This would play right after Meta Knight and Lucario decide to ignore Popo and Nana falling from the freakin' "Mt. Everest" peak after the Halberd crash-landing. Popo is normal and Nana is bold.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-So Cold, So Rude-

"Y-you know, I think that Meta Knight didn't care so much about us at all."

"W-why would you say that?"

"Well, one, he didn't even care to look at us, and two, he never spoke to us. He was just fixated on getting to the peak."

"You have a point there...but then, why did we go with him?"

"Hello, we're the Ice Climbers. If somebody beats us to climb a mountain, we need to maintain our proud code: climb every mountain you want to climb before somebody else does. He was practically trying to climb the mountain."

"Right."

"Also, the guy is a freak, I swear. Did you hear anything he muttered to himself? When I got close to him, he muttered, 'I need to get the Halberd back' and 'Those imbeciles shall pay for taking my battleship' and 'These kids are very annoying' and so on."

"Well, then he certainly isn't a real knight to me. He's so cold."

"And don't get me started on the blue dog. If you ask me, those two are the worst people I've ever met. Right after that battleship crashed against the mountain, those two decide to join forces so suddenly, but they leave us to freaking DIE by falling down the peak. Also, why the HELL does he accept the blue dog's help and not ours?"

"Maybe because that dog proved to be worthy of his assistance after both fought by no reason at all... Hey, wait a minute, are we THAT weak, then?"

"Those bastards, thinking we're so unworthy to give a helping hand!"

"Oh, if we ever get to meet again with those guys, they're gonna pay for leaving us to die."

"Yeah, we'll prove both of them NOT to mess with us, especially Mr. I'm Awesome Meta Knight Who's Better Than You Ha-Ha. Let's just hope we survive out of this one, though."

"Talk about being so cold and so rude..."

That scene made me think Meta Knight was a bastard. Leaving two innocent kids to fall down a HUGE mountain...and said kids later landed perfectly on safe ground. Also, did anybody notice he never, ever looked at them at least in a cutscene?

DededeCloneChris

Hoo boy, a new skit.

This would play whenever you stay too long in the Yoshi's Island (Brawl) stage and see the seasons change over and over again. Yoshi is normal and Falco is bold.

-Mother Nature Must Be Pretty Messed Up-

"Aww, the sweet air of autumn. Don't you think it's a refreshing time, Falco?"

"W-what are you talking about? This place is hell represented in four seasons, changing every darn second! I can't stand all this anymore!"

"Um, why?"

"Ugh, do I have to explain it? We've been fighting here in a 30-stock match for two hours, and I'm starting to get some illnesses from being here for too long! Don't you know I HATE Winter season? I hate the cold so much that I could probably enjoy roasting myself in a microwave or an oven! A-achoo!"

"You're exaggerating, Falco. You should try to enjoy the never-ending changing seasons of my stage."

"I don't see why people like YOU seem to be in love with nature itself. Guys like me prefer the summer season where you get to relax all day in your house, watching TV. And what the hell are those happy flowers happy about, anyway? They're making me feel sick!"

"Hey, don't knock the happy flowers. They like to be like that all the time."

"W-what the heck? T-this place makes no sense to me!"

"Oh, look, we're in winter season again. I should better make a snowman."

"B-brr, t-this place is already pretty much screwed up as it is... T-that's it, you win this match!"

"Falco, you can't just drop out like that! If I remember, you're twelve stocks ahead of me!"

"W-who cares about them, really? I care about staying pretty healthy, and staying in the Winter season for the billionth time isn't exactly my idea for a relaxing time! I dunno you, but I don't want to have a mixture of a cold and a fever! Screw you, I'm outta here!" (Jumps off the stage)

"...Heheheh, clueless Falco. You just couldn't tell I dragged you in here so you stopped boasting your winning streak over me during previous occasions... Well, it's winter season, so I better start making that snowman. Some people can't understand how great this place is." (Happy note)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to think about what Falco would say if he stayed for too long in The Summit. He'd probably blast it to oblivion with his Arwing... Too bad that he can't use his Arwing during matches.