News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

A Character analysis *spoilers*

Started by Zora Link, February 06, 2008, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zora Link

Please keep in mind that these are my opinions. And I want no flaming.
And I'm going to attempt to put a little humor in this, so bear with me.

Mario:  Looks like the well-rounded one of the bunch. Nice new look, but with slightly disappointing Alt costumes. Classic moveset...Admit it, F.L.U.D.D. was expected. Obviously one of the better Final Smashes, Slightly disappointed they couldn't have been more original with it though.
Looks: 10/10
Alts: 6/10
Moves: 7/10
Final Smash: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

Link:  Definitely a character for all players ages. Like Mario, he has a way better look compared to Melee. Very nice job with the Dark Link Alt. Boomerang is now Gale boomerang - makes for an interesting twist on the Classic Link Moveset. Also like the new bomb look. The Final smash is very interesting, something I've never seen in any Zelda game before...
Alts: 9/10
Moves: 9/10
Final Smash: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10

Pikachu: HE'S MINE AND ALL MINE!!! j/k. Not so much in the looks department on this one. Pretty much the same, with very subtle differences. The green Alt is obviously better, but still only 3 alts? Come on Nintendo! Same exact moveset, with a slightly improved Thunder attack. Final smash is obviously lacking as well. Coulda spent a little more time with this one.
Looks: 5/10
Moves: 6/10
Final Smash: 7/10
Overall: 6/10

Kirby: Every character in one small fluff ball. I see absolutely no look change at all. Except for a few slightly improved Kirby hats. Alts also look pretty much the same. The Moveset is exactly the same, but that's not really a bad thing here, as he also carries a very large supply of B attacks. Final smash is good, but it coulda been better. Lacks charisma, I guess.
Looks: 4/10
Alts: 5/10
Final Smash: 8/10
Overall: 6/10

Fox: I admit it, I slightly doubted he'd make it in until I saw the trailer...*shrugs shoulders.* New looks and more equipment, this is one suited up fox. (All for the better, of course) Same issue with alts...coulda been more original, but just the way it's done almost makes up for that. Same moveset, but better graphics pertaining to the moves. Final Smash is....odd. Doesn't seem to do much. Funny, I saw something like a mix of Snakes and Captain Falcons in an arwing...
Looks: 9/10
Alts: 7/10
Moves: 8/10
Final Smash: 6/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Pit: I think I want one of those bows...:). Nice clothes, but a bit much, don't ya think? Some things on this kids outfit just make no sense to me. Not really much to say about the alts... Interesting moveset, though. The Final Smash, on the other hand, looks good on the dojo, but in the gameplay movies, it's only lack-luster. This will be a very interesting addition to the game.
Looks: 8/10
Moves: 10/10
Final Smash: 7/10
Overall: 7.75/10

Wario: .............No Comment. Good looks, except he moves in a "jerky" fashion. They coulda made his movements a bit smoother... Alts for this guy are amazing. Different colors for the "pilot" style, as well as the classic wario. GENIUS! Very different moveset as well...Not everybody can literally take a bite out of someone. And His down-B....XD. Final Smash is kinda like pikachu's, just not very original.
Alts: 10/10
Final Smash: 6/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Samus: oooooooooo.....shiny. Good looks, now more blinding than ever! ;D  Decent alts. Nothing really good, but nothing really bad either... Moves are the same, but I think there still pretty good moves. Final smash is just under the ranks of Mario's. Not much more to say here, so...SPACE WASTER! SPACE WASTER! SPACE WASTER!
Final smash: 9/10
Overall: 8.25/10

Zero Suit Samus: ummm....yea. PIXELS ARE NOT HAWT! ...now that that's out of the way...Looks, are good. Does not mean what it sounds like, refer to all caps statement. Alts are same as samus, nothing good, nothing bad, nothing special. Good moveset, gun and whip in one. Final Smash is sounding lame. Like she just puts the suit back on or something... correct me if I'm wrong.
FS: 3/10
Overall: 6.75/10

Zelda: *insert opening comment here.* :P  Very nice job on looks for this one. Very detailed and intricate. Alts on the other hand.....yea. a little plain. Old moveset is a good moveset.  Final Smash in unique, individualized, and original. XD Repetitive comments are repetitive. :P
Alts: 5/10
FS: 10/10

Bowser: Godzilla Revamped. XD  Wonderful looks making bowser more detailed and uglier then ever before! :O  Alts are just the same, except it's very interesting....A white bowser. :O  The moves are the same, but with very....interesting names. And while everyone wanted Giga Bowser in, you gotta admit, just a bigger bowser. Same attacks, same everything. Just a little harder to hit those really small fighters. Though I guess you could always step on them...
FS: 5/10
Overall: 7.25/10

Ike: *sigh*.....the one that started the controversy over the challenger approaching sign....good times. Ike joins all the Nintendo all-stars to fight in....a ripped cape???!!??!?!!!?? O_o well...whatever floats his boat I guess. Alts are just recolors...boring! Moveset is really good just because he's not a clone. Which I thought he would be when I first saw him. Final Smash also is very good.
Alts: 4/10

DK: It's the big, the bad, and the hairy. Very detailed on the hair, but pretty basic besides that. Alts are basic. Moves are basic. Final Smash is not even basic. Short range, and not very scrolling stage friendly. Just a pretty basic character, you know what I mean?
Looks: 7/10
FS: 4/10
Overall: 5.75/10

Yoshi: Used to be a dinosaur, now a dragon, next....who knows? Looks are great, very improved from melee. Nothing new with the alts, just same old, same old.  Moves are the same, yet different. He can even recover with upB now. :O Final Smash is the best part about this guy. He's a DRAGON! :O :O :O
Alts: 4/10
FS: 9/10

Pokemon Trainer: 3 for the price of 1. A very unique character. Looks could not have been better IMO. Alts lack a bit, but not much. Moveset is amazing, for all 3 pokemon. Each one is unique in it's own right. Final Smash is genius too. All three elements working together....*sniff* it's so beautiful.
Alts: 8/10
Final Smash: 9/10
Overall: 9.25/10

Diddy Kong: All the classic elements of a DK game rolled up in one obnoxious ape. Looks are fairly decent, except his hat says Nintendo on it....Advertize much? Anyways, his  alts are good, they could be better, but they are what they are. Moves are individualized and unique. Final smash though...Just looking at the gameplay movies, it looks like it's hard to control and doesn't do much...
FS: 6/10

Meta Knight: :O It's HIM! Can't think of anything to say about looks. XD  Alts are really good. Moves are new and different. FS lacks slightly, but pretty much makes him a well-rounded character.
FS: 8/10

Peach: *remembers chaos when shown in a movie* .........*shudders*  The Princess is back! Very nice appearance. Dress is obviously much better. Yet again, you can play as daisy with her. ::) Moves haven't changed, but it seems there's a little more appeal to them...FS is very, very, unique.
Overall: 8.75

Snake: heh, he's in brawl...who knew? Very detailed. Alts are different. Moves are all his style. ::) Throw a grenade, shoot a gun, blah, blah, blah. FS is like half a nintendog. Except you can't shoot with half of a nintendog. :P
FS: 7/10

Lucas: O NOZ!!! :O :O :O IT'S A CLONE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yea. Looks good, good alts, bad clone moves, bad clone FS.
Moves: 5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Ice Climbers:  Da devious duo is back! Now with more realistic fur lining and hammers. Even their alts have new color combos. There moves are....the same. But it looks like that's getting to be expected. :P FS is uniquely unique. Looks pretty good too.
FS: 8/10

Sonic: Now, I can tell this guy is gonna get a lower rating. But that doesn't mean I don't like him, and it doesn't mean I won't use him. (look at my rating for Pikachu....my main. :P) Anyways...Nothing special about his looks...Just the same as he always is. Alts are...disappointing. Color only changes in shades, and just his feet and wrist change color....You can't tell me Shadow and Silver wouldn't have been pwnsome alts. I just feel they could've done a lot more. Moves are...all the same. Hi spins up in a ball and goes after you...for the upB, DownB, and the SideB. Not much Variety. And his FS...unoriginal. Just like Wario and Pikachu. It's hard for me to rate him like this, but It's what I feel to be the truth. :(  :'(
Looks: 5/10
Moves: 3/10
Overall: 4.75/10

King Dedede:  Lets cut to the chase here. Looks are mediocre. They at least could have made the fur like on Ice Climbers. Alts are slightly interesting. Moves are Fantastic. FS is only mediocre. As I saw, It wasn't that great.
Looks: 6/10
FS: 6/10

Pikmin & Olimar: Two worlds collide. Olimar is detailed, the pikmin...not so much. Of course there's really not that much you can so about looks on the pikmin. So that won't really hurt him. ;) Alts are interesting...did I see the hood slightly change color too? :O  Moves are challenging. Kind of hard to rate them. You need to be really used to this guy before your good with him. FS was very unexpected. Definatly not a character for beginners.

Sheik: she's baaaaaaaaaack! :O NO WAI! Looks have 100% improved from melee. Alts are just fine. That's all, just fine. Moves are the same...ergo, there only ok...FS is same as Zelda's. But why wouldn't it be?

Ness: The original. LUCAS IS THE CLONE I SAY! Looks: more detailed, but slightly lacking. Alts: couldn't have been better. More than just the stripes changing color. Moves: Well done. These are good moves for ness. FS: who doesn't like having stars rain on someone elses parade?
Alts: 10/10

********Will add others as they are updated on the dojo.*********

If you managed to read all that, I applaude you. XD
comment if you want...  :(

Michael227

Zora Link

Quote from: Michael227 on February 06, 2008, 04:16:56 PM
you better edit pikachu  >:(
Pikachu is my main. So I doubt I would have gave him that score without good reason. Just think about it...

Michael227

Quote from: Zora Link on February 06, 2008, 04:18:34 PM
Pikachu is my main. So I doubt I would have gave him that score without good reason. Just think about it...
pikachu is my main too and this is what i expected
Final Smash: 8.5/10
Overall: 7.3/10

Zora Link

Quote from: Michael227 on February 06, 2008, 04:22:00 PM
*Sigh* this thing took me three days to type. I'm not in the mood to go about explaining anything.

Michael227

Quote from: Zora Link on February 06, 2008, 04:23:28 PM
*Sigh* this thing took me three days to type. I'm not in the mood to go about explaining anything.
my only problems are pikachu , kirby, lucas, and sonic but everyting else is great

Zora Link

Quote from: Michael227 on February 06, 2008, 04:27:29 PM
my only problems are pikachu , kirby, lucas, and sonic but everyting else is great
like I said, these are my opinions, deal with it. :P
:O
no one else wants to comment?  :'(

Michael227

Quote from: Zora Link on February 06, 2008, 04:28:35 PM
Quote from: Michael227 on February 06, 2008, 04:27:29 PM
like I said, these are my opinions, deal with it. :P
:O
no one else wants to comment?  :'(
your job is to tell opinions my job is critisism  :P

Qsmash

How did wario get a better score than fox? ????

I demand a recount! >:(

Michael227

Quote from: QSMASHBRO on February 06, 2008, 04:34:27 PM

critisism FTW!! ;D

Zora Link

Like I said, I'm not in the mood to go and explain everything. This isn't by favorites, popularity, etc. This is about actual gameplay and graphics. If the explinations I provided aren't good enough, then sorry.

Qsmash

Quote from: Zora Link on February 06, 2008, 04:36:55 PM

Like I said, I'm not in the mood to go and explain everything. This isn't by favorites, popularity, etc. This is about actual gameplay and graphics. If the explinations I provided aren't good enough, then sorry.
I demand that fox be better! >:(

Zora Link

Quote from: QSMASHBRO on February 06, 2008, 04:39:05 PM

I'm not changing any of them. You just want him to be better because you like him. obviously you didn't read the post you quoted.

Qsmash

Quote from: Zora Link on February 06, 2008, 04:41:06 PM

I'm not changing any of them. You just want him to be better because you like him. obviously you didn't read the post you quoted.
Of course not. I would have given him at least a 7.25... :-\

Zora Link

Quote from: QSMASHBRO on February 06, 2008, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: Zora Link on February 06, 2008, 04:41:06 PM

Of course not. I would have given him at least a 7.25... :-\
...........his overall is a 7.5.....-_-