News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Help with mains *character spoilers*

Started by Zora Link, March 19, 2008, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zora Link

Help me decide my mains. I'm gonna take suggestions, then go online and test them after practicing a little with each.
I need characters like Pikachu. Fast, easy to manuver, and can hit hard when nessesary.
Quick attack recovery helps too. ;)
Also as a last resort option, FSs like marth, mario, ike, etc. not ones like pikachu, sonic, DK, etc. :P
I have everyone except Wolf.

Dr.Hobo2

Well I can tell you who NOT to main. :) DON'T MAIN LUCARIO! Too many people use him. T_T Serously. I'd say you should main Luigi. He's...sort of quick. And his Up-B is devistating if you can get it right. (i.e. by using his FS ;))

Zora Link

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on March 19, 2008, 05:18:36 PM
Well I can tell you who NOT to main. :) DON'T MAIN LUCARIO! Too many people use him. T_T Serously. I'd say you should main Luigi. He's...sort of quick. And his Up-B is devistating if you can get it right. (i.e. by using his FS ;))
Why not Lucario?
I don't care how many people use him, If he's right for me then I will too.
We'll add luigi to the possibilities.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Zora Link on March 19, 2008, 05:20:26 PM
Why not Lucario?
Well, You DID ask for someone who was quick and Lucario is more of a medium-slow mover...Plus I still don't like the fact that too many people use him. >_>

Zora Link

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on March 19, 2008, 05:23:25 PM
Quote from: Zora Link on March 19, 2008, 05:20:26 PM
Why not Lucario?
Well, You DID ask for someone who was quick and Lucario is more of a medium-slow mover...Plus I still don't like the fact that too many people use him. >_>
IDC if too many people use him. :P
We'll see what others say.

Dawei

You want so suggestions? Here is one.

Go choose a random character and play someone online. People's opinions are to varied on stuff like this. Just  do some 1v1, no items, pokemon stadium 1 (FD is to devoid of anything when learning something like this). It may sound long, but you are more likely to find mains that way then through recommendations.

Lotos

Luigi is my personal pick.  If you're good with Mario in the past games, Luigi is a nice alternative if you dislike his change in Down-B or FS.

Triforce_Luigi

Speedy brings Fox and Sonic to mind, but you already stated that you don't like Sonic's FS. If Fox doesn't suit you, then Captain Falcon or Marth would be viable. Toon Link is reasonably quick and his FS is similar to Marth's, so he's a good option as well. Metaknight and Pit are also very good.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on March 19, 2008, 05:44:21 PM

Go choose a random character and play someone online. People's opinions are to varied on stuff like this. Just  do some 1v1, no items, pokemon stadium 1 (FD is to devoid of anything when learning something like this). It may sound long, but you are more likely to find mains that way then through recommendations.
But this way, I don't have to go through all 35 characters. :P
I'm still gonna go online and do tests, just not with every single character.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Zora Link on March 19, 2008, 05:54:40 PM

Speaking of that, do you want to go online with me. I haven't played you yet.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on March 19, 2008, 05:59:00 PM

can't due to house rules. >.<
We've already eaten dinner = no wii

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Zora Link on March 19, 2008, 06:00:34 PM
Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on March 19, 2008, 05:59:00 PM

can't due to house rules. >.<
We've already eaten dinner = no wii
Aw. :( And I probably won't be doing Wi-Fi tomorrow because I'll be playing with my real life friends. XD

Avion-Finch

G&W is sorta fast(his attack's priority is nice) and his smash attacks have great knockback.

But thats just my opinion.

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

HTA!

G & W
Marth
Squirtle
TL
Mario is pretty good.
Its hard to pick for you though.

Zora Link

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 19, 2008, 06:12:59 PM
G & W
Marth
Squirtle
TL
Mario is pretty good.
Its hard to pick for you though.
Well I already know I'm good with squirtle, it's just that I fail with ivysaur and Charizard.