News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

well...you guys are my last hope...

Started by Zora Link, April 01, 2008, 04:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zora Link

I'm sure your all familiar with the problem I'm having...and I need help to resolve it.
Here's a copy:paste from the tech forums
One of you has got to know something. :(

I've moved my router, I've tried all the channels, I've attempted every single troubleshooting option, but nothing works.
I can only play with friends, none with anyone, and even with that, I can only play with connections that are red. Otherwise I always get dissconected with that same errorcode (86420)
I'm sick and tired of this.
Does anyone know of anything I haven't tried yet?

HTA!

You haven't tried porting your Wii have you?
See Sabby's thread.

Depster

Did you check your router for compatability?  It might just not work with your wii.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Zora Link

yup, port forwarding was the first thing in the troubleshooting options.
Won't work even with that.

and I'm assuming it's compatible, It played strikers fine...

HTA!

Quote from: Zora Link on April 01, 2008, 05:03:23 PM

You changed the settings?
Check Sabbys thread, then try and Ethernet cable.

Or wait a while and see if Nintendo fixes it.

Zora Link

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on April 01, 2008, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Zora Link on April 01, 2008, 05:03:23 PM

You changed the settings?
Check Sabbys thread, then try and Ethernet cable.

Or wait a while and see if Nintendo fixes it.
yes, exactly how both Sabby and Nintendo said.

Sabby

when you did port forwarding did you open the ports it told you with TCP and UDP? does your router have the latest version of firmware? is your modem(if you have one) somehow blocking it? did you set up a static ip for your wii? thats all i can think of, the error code means somehow something is firewalling your connection to with anyone games.

join the revolutionists for brawl! www.revolutionists.co.nr

Zora Link

Quote from: Sabby on April 01, 2008, 05:11:22 PM
when you did port forwarding did you open the ports it told you with TCP and UDP? does your router have the latest version of firmware? is your modem(if you have one) somehow blocking it? did you set up a static ip for your wii? thats all i can think of, the error code means somehow something is firewalling your connection to with anyone games.

I opened all ports and yes it's on UDP
Checked for updates when I did the troubleshooting, there were none....I'll check right now though. -- nope.
I wouldn't know, but yes, we use a modem.
yes
It's not working on friends either.

Sabby

Quote from: Zora Link on April 01, 2008, 05:14:53 PM

did you open up the specific ports and set them to TCP? what brand of router do you have?

Zora Link

Quote from: Sabby on April 01, 2008, 05:17:24 PM

did you open up the specific ports and set them to TCP? what brand of router do you have?
Starting port: 1
Ending port: 65534
Service type: UDP  (troubleshooting said to do just UDP, no TCP)

Netgear

Sabby

Quote from: Zora Link on April 01, 2008, 05:20:06 PM
Quote from: Sabby on April 01, 2008, 05:17:24 PM

Starting port: 1
Ending port: 65534
Service type: UDP  (troubleshooting said to do just UDP, no TCP)

Netgear
here is what i got from a diff troubleshooter from Nintendo, try this one.
Allowing TCP and UDP Traffic:
The Wii console may require unrestricted access to several sites across various ports and protocols to function correctly. These addresses and ports vary, and may change in the future without notice. Many software firewalls restrict outbound access. Only if your firewall blocks outbound traffic do you need to enable this traffic:

TCP:
      Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
      Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.

Zora Link

ok, I changed it to UDP and TCP...lets see if that works. (if my parents let me interupt them watching T.V.)

Sabby

Quote from: Zora Link on April 01, 2008, 05:30:37 PM
ok, I changed it to UDP and TCP...lets see if that works. (if my parents let me interupt them watching T.V.)
nonononononono, don't change that to both, leave that row alone, that port forwarding section should show a bunch of blank rows, leave the first row the way it is, and go to the next rows down, like next row it would be start:28910, end:28910; then next row start:29900, end:29901; then next row start:29920, end:29920; then next row start:443, end:443; then last row start:80, end 80; but leave the first row alone.

Zora Link

mine isn't like that. :

Service Name 
Service Type 
Starting Port (1~65534) 
Ending Port (1~65534) 
Server IP Address

and that's it.

I GTG anyways.

Sabby

Quote from: Zora Link on April 01, 2008, 05:44:34 PM
mine isn't like that. :

Service Name 
Service Type 
Starting Port (1~65534) 
Ending Port (1~65534) 
Server IP Address

and that's it.

I GTG anyways.
yeah i have a linksys router so i couldn't help you out as much as i would want to anyways :(. try setting it to udp and tcp then, and if that doesn't work try calling nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 or go and contact netgear by e-mail or phone here http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/customer_service/main.htm
and maybe try and look into your modems settings and see if its blocking it, sorry i couldn't help more :(