News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Pokemon Gen V Titles Announced - Black and White

Started by Suzune, April 08, 2010, 09:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on April 10, 2010, 02:53:35 PM
How about some 3D models and animation? 3DS is going to be bigger processor wise to the N64, and Pokemon stadium had all the pokemon in 3D form. C'mon Nintendo quit being lazy.
3D would actually be a bad idea for a handheld.

Qsmash

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 10, 2010, 02:58:54 PM
Especially for the DS. I hated those messy, blocky, 3D polygons while playing FF3 & 4.

Nayrman

Quote from: Qsmash on April 10, 2010, 03:18:54 PM
Especially for the DS. I hated those messy, blocky, 3D polygons while playing FF3 & 4.
For 3DS, ya know, the new handheld that's supposed to be a lot more powerful? And besides, if you hated the blocky-ness I assume you hated Pokemon Stadium then.

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 10, 2010, 02:58:54 PM
How about some actual animation then instead of just status affect stuff? Sprites are so painfully bland nowadays, give them some more animation! They look incredibly stiff in this day and age. Back on GB and GBC was fine, I mean that was essentially 8-bit X_X:;

Qsmash

Quote from: Nayrman on April 10, 2010, 03:30:21 PM
For 3DS, ya know, the new handheld that's supposed to be a lot more powerful? And besides, if you hated the blocky-ness I assume you hated Pokemon Stadium then.
The 3DS system will feature some enhancements, but they are trying to make it possible to play on both systems. Unless they make third Pokemon game that also has a 3DS version separate from a DS version, there isn't much of a reason not to have 3D pokemon.

Pokemon Stadium was alright, but this is just ugly and would have been better 2D imo.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nayrman

Quote from: Qsmash on April 10, 2010, 04:26:15 PM
The 3DS system will feature some enhancements, but they are trying to make it possible to play on both systems. Unless they make third Pokemon game that also has a 3DS version separate from a DS version, there isn't much of a reason not to have 3D pokemon.

Pokemon Stadium was alright, but this is just ugly and would have been better 2D imo.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Funny, the GBA is way more advanced than the original Game Boy released 10 years earlier, yet that still managed to play GB games.
As long as it has two screens and a touch pad, it'll work.

And it either needs more animation or please move to 3D. The look is getting really tiresome at this point.

X-3

Isn't this being released this year, and thus not for the 3DS exclusively?

That said, I agree completely with Nayr: 3D models during battle would be great. In my opinion, Golden Sun's animations were decent, so I'm kinda wishing they go in that direction and better.

Nayrman

Quote from: X-3 on April 10, 2010, 05:15:04 PM
Isn't this being released this year, and thus not for the 3DS exclusively?

That said, I agree completely with Nayr: 3D models during battle would be great. In my opinion, Golden Sun's animations were decent, so I'm kinda wishing they go in that direction and better.

It's reported it's for the DS, although it wouldn't surprise me if that were BS to sell more 3DS' in the fall.

I just want better animation. Just sitting there with little photoshop/after effects sparkles flying around the stiff sprite just doesn't fly anymore.

JrDude

I'm fine with sprites, yes Pokémon Stadium was blocky, but that's the past, where blocky was like "OMG AWESOME GRAPHICS" and now it's "... Wtf man"
Though I admit the sprites look poopty on those pics, but that's because the background is getting more graphic and the camera angle is getting less and less of a bird's eye view.
Overworld I can understand using more graphics, but in battle I prefer sprites, why? because unless they can make a separate animation for the Pokémon for almost every single move it can do, and more than 1 type of hurt animation, I find it bland, "Eevee used tackle *runs forward*" "Eevee used quick attack *runs forward at the same exact speed with little line animations next to it*"
Bad example as usual, but I think you get my point.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude ✔ on April 10, 2010, 05:26:17 PM
I'm fine with sprites, yes Pokémon Stadium was blocky, but that's the past, where blocky was like "OMG AWESOME GRAPHICS" and now it's "... Wtf man"
Though I admit the sprites look poopty on those pics, but that's because the background is getting more graphic and the camera angle is getting less and less of a bird's eye view.
Overworld I can understand using more graphics, but in battle I prefer sprites, why? because unless they can make a separate animation for the Pokémon for almost every single move it can do, and more than 1 type of hurt animation, I find it bland, "Eevee used tackle *runs forward*" "Eevee used quick attack *runs forward at the same exact speed with little line animations next to it*"
Bad example as usual, but I think you get my point.
I can agree with sprites for battle, but more animation is necessary. Actually that was a good example, as a lot of the basic moves are literally using the same animation.

Although for the 3D environments for the overworld, I'd like to see 3D character models. They only use a few sets of sprites for the characters anyway, just make some models to fit in with the style that's going on around them....please?

JrDude

I just realized I didn't finish what I was saying.

*continuing after the it*. And that would be hard to change since they'd have to do a SHIT LOAD of different animations for a SHIT LOAD of different Pokémon, which would be too difficult, so sprites should stay.
and just because, here is an example of getting attacked. "Flamethrower, *hit Poké flies back a little from the hit and walks back into place*" "Body Slam, *hit Poké somehow flies back the same exact distance while being flattened at the same time and walks back in place at the same speed while slowly being unflattened*"
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 09, 2010, 03:30:21 PM
That was my lack of understanding. I always thought gems are "precious" metals. However, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald are metal oxides, and Diamond is a metal.

No

Diamond is carbon, which is a NON-metal. Aside from that, metal oxides are not pure metals. The ones in question are generally perceived as precious stones, and frankly, they are definitely more akin to precious stones than precious metals. A intercourse ing retard could tell the differences between a metal and a gem.

Stupid argument but whatever.

Thirdkoopa

Obligatory:

...Now that I'm done with the name jokes there;

Sure Pokemon Stadium was pretty meh but the DS was around the same type of graphics - Look at Super Mario 64, it processed that well. Now go look at Pokemon Colosseum; It's absolutely fine and acceptable at the very least. The 3DS is said to be around a gamecube.

You judge for yourself. Just god darn make it 3D at this point or soon.

Quote from: Qsmash on April 10, 2010, 04:26:15 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
...You serious? FF4 DS's graphics were highly fine especially considering the system. Same goes for FF3... And that's the original DS.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Nayrman

Ok, to change my whining attitude right now, let's all list five pokemon we think will show up in this generation! Just for poops since we having nothing else to do until the 15th.

1. One of the Legendaries will get an even greater "backstory" and try to usurp Arceus as the "ZOMG SUPER GOD HAXXORZ CHEAP UBER TIER GUY!". What with black/white (or I guess Dark and Light) one will probably be a spirit type of pokemon. I think we're all expecting Zoraok (sp?) to be on the Black cover.

2. The usual electric rodent each new generation must have. I predict electric Kangaroo.

3. Some kind of Eeveelution. I'm putting my money on the rock or ground type.

4. The water type starter will be a frog of some kind. I know we've already got a couple, but still.

5. I think a standardized ice type bird will show up. I dunno I just have a hunch.

jnfs2014

It's Zoroark, like Roark from D/P/Pt, only with a "Zo" in the front.

But Nintendo really needs to stop milking the DS and come out with a Gamecube-esque power handheld.

Qsmash

Quote from: Third K on April 10, 2010, 06:37:24 PM
...You serious? FF4 DS's graphics were highly fine especially considering the system. Same goes for FF3... And that's the original DS.
Yes, I'm serious. I think 3D on the DS is ugly.