News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pokemon you'd like to see Evos/Prevos/Alternates for in Gen5

Started by The Riddler, June 07, 2010, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

i'm gonna ignore the dicussion about cubone for this moment of time. i don't feel like getting into this conflict for the moment.
hmm... 1st gen..., the pre-form of Kangaskan does sound cool, and i've been wondering if they'd involve it anytime soon. and more evos for Jynx, Pinsir, Lapras, and Mr.Mime is also a good idea.
in the 2nd gen.., can't really think of many but Skarmory, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, and Wobuffet. If Skarmory was to get a evo form, that'd be really sweat. And considering Dunsparce and Qwilfish, definetly need evolved forms.
for the 3rd, can definetly name a few. Mawile needs either a pre or evo form, one of these two should make it a bit more popular. And i agree about Luvdisc fo sho. Sabelye, Torkoal, Spinda, Hairyama(is that it?), Tropius,  Absol,  and Kecleon could use evo's as well.

Cornwad

I wouldn't say that Dunsparce and Qwilfish really need evos, they're already pretty deadly under the right circumstances.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on June 09, 2010, 03:37:10 AM
I wouldn't say that Dunsparce and Qwilfish really need evos, they're already pretty deadly under the right circumstances.

Thanks to their abilities and movepools, yes, but they suck in the stats department.

People keep saying Lapras should have evos... I'm not too keen on that personally. It's just that, Lapras has always had that legendary feel; it was impossibly rare in its first game, and it didn't have evos because that would only detract from how special it was. Plus, it's stats and movepool are at that point where any higher would seem overpowered while any lower might not be worth anything. Granted, I felt the same way about Snorlax and he got a prevo anyway... just an opinion.

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Kayo

Quote from: Magnum on June 09, 2010, 10:14:30 AM

Delibird...

That is all....
I believe it was only made as a novelty, to abuse its Present attack (since it can learn nothing else upon level-up)
It was meant to suck.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 09, 2010, 08:29:03 AM
Thanks to their abilities and movepools, yes, but they suck in the stats department.

No way, Qwilfish is deadly as long as there's rain, good stats wouldn't change that. Dunsparce has bad stats, but they're good enough to help him compete and if he had anymore he would be broken. You can already kill anything with a decent chance at not getting any damage.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on June 09, 2010, 12:39:36 PM
No way, Qwilfish is deadly as long as there's rain, good stats wouldn't change that. Dunsparce has bad stats, but they're good enough to help him compete and if he had anymore he would be broken. You can already kill anything with a decent chance at not getting any damage.

Key phrase on Qwilfish is "as long as there's rain." Like I said earlier, he needs his ability; sure, he isn't 100% useless with a 95 Attack and 85 Speed, but stats and movepool alone would make him even worse than Raichu.

Cornwad

Abilities should always count. A lot of really good pokemon wouldn't be so good without their abilities.

JrDude

My last mention of this topic (unless someone replies, then I may reply back): You can believe all you want, but if Kanga gets a Roo (Winnie the Pooh joke), it won't evolve into Cubone. I can guarantee it. I don't need facts and stats, with all these arguments we can tell that they aren't very helpful sources anyway, to me it's common sense, to you it's not, either way, it won't happen. I admit your facts and stuff is impressive, and it actually sounds interesting and sorta cool, but it will not happen.

Also, that Digglet pic is dumb, it's not a tooth, 3D games make that obvious, it's his nose. First glance after mentioned makes it seem so true, but it's not.

Lapras shouldn't get an evo.

Along with Eevee, I think Tyrogue should get a new evo, obviously fighting type. I also think along with that should be some female only fighting Poké that's basically paired with the Tyrogue family, just to give it a mother. The mother would be like impossible to get through breeding though, it would only lay Tyrogue eggs, which are all Male. Just a thought.

And what's with you guys and all these single Pokés getting evos? Soon it seems there's gonna be no Poké that is an island in itself, they all have to have some Pokémon family member (excluding legendaries).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 09, 2010, 01:58:39 PM
My last mention of this topic (unless someone replies, then I may reply back): You can believe all you want, but if Kanga gets a Roo (Winnie the Pooh joke), it won't evolve into Cubone. I can guarantee it. I don't need facts and stats, with all these arguments we can tell that they aren't very helpful sources anyway, to me it's common sense, to you it's not, either way, it won't happen. I admit your facts and stuff is impressive, and it actually sounds interesting and sorta cool, but it will not happen.

Also, that Digglet pic is dumb, it's not a tooth, 3D games make that obvious, it's his nose. First glance after mentioned makes it seem so true, but it's not.

Lapras shouldn't get an evo.

Along with Eevee, I think Tyrogue should get a new evo, obviously fighting type. I also think along with that should be some female only fighting Poké that's basically paired with the Tyrogue family, just to give it a mother. The mother would be like impossible to get through breeding though, it would only lay Tyrogue eggs, which are all Male. Just a thought.

And what's with you guys and all these single Pokés getting evos? Soon it seems there's gonna be no Poké that is an island in itself, they all have to have some Pokémon family member (excluding legendaries).
On your last note, GameFreak actually made some single-evo pokemon usable, like Absol, Lapras, and Seviper (who isn't used only due to being outclassed, but its stats and moves really aren't horrible. They're average, but they don't suck.)
Rhydon didn't need an evo.
Porygon2 didn't really need one either.
Sneasel? Meh, Weavile is so overused I wish that Sneasel was just left alone.
etc. etc. etc.

And for once, I agree with you. this whole CuboneKhan thing is like when those immature, bratty little kids are all "MEWTWO IS THE BEST POGEYMAN NO ONE CAN BEAT IT DERPHURR" I mean seriously.

"LETS HAVE THREE TYPES PER POGEYMAN OKAY"
"THERE SHOULD BE LIKE A MEGA TYPE THAT BEATS EVERYTHING"
"WHAT IF MEWTWO EVOLVED HERP"

Seriously, get it through your head. It is not happening. You guys sound very immature, in fact when I hear those snot-nosed brats talking about that poop it almost hurts me inside, to think people really are that stupid. Even when I walk up and confront one.

"Guys there is no 'Mega type' and there never will be."
"NOOOOOOOO MY FRIEND AIDEN TOLD ME THERE IS"

"It's possible to beat a Mewtwo."
"NOOOOOOO NOT IF YOU USE PIH-SIKIK" (because have you heard some kids try to pronounce "Psychic"? Rather amusing, actually.

But I digress.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

That's right, Zorua, show how mature you are compared to Cubokhan fans by calling them names and using "quotes" with terrible grammar and spelling.  :|

It may seem very unlikely, but there are at least enough bits of evidence for some people to believe it, and almost all posters on this current discussion have been very civil about it by supplying more evidence or simply leaving it at "I don't believe you, I'm going to move on." Now, the fact that this discussion has derailed the thread may initially almost justify your anger, but the fact that you continue to fuel the discussion by throwing in these insults eliminates that possibility.

JrDude

Quote from: Zorua on June 09, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
You guys sound very immature
As do you then. Just about everyone in the argument has been using the same amount of maturity, the fact that they disagree with you makes them seem more immature because you are immature, if that made sense.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 09, 2010, 02:38:39 PM
That's right, Zorua, show how mature you are compared to Cubokhan fans by calling them names and using "quotes" with terrible grammar and spelling.  :|
Well, apparently you didn't read my post at all. Otherwise, you would have known that I was referring to the annoying little 9-and-10-year-olds who follow you around in the park, etc. trying to teach you poop about a pokemon game. I was trying to throw a hook by showing you all what you guys remind me of, because you're sounding a lot like those snotty little kids to me.

Excuse me if you didn't read my entire post, but I can't be the one to blame about that.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

That has nothing to do with the secret of Cubone. Little kids aren't mature enough to understand. They would point out how the skull is a little too big and how Cubone is a different type than Kanghaskan. Of course, being little kids they would be wrong.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .