News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken_Cartridge

I'm kinda excited to see how good the 3DS will be. I'm guessing that the "motion control" (if it has it, since that's still just speculation) would only be tilts (which I'm ok with). Waggling doesnt work with a portable system. Waggling = Inability to see the screen, but we'll see soon enough.

Thirdkoopa

http://kotaku.com/5503312/nintendos-new-ds-will-still-force-you-to-re+buy-your-digital-games

This is the part where we start whining about how nintendo needs to just allow you to make one huge linked account that connects to everything, or some solution. I'm kinda confused since the DSi allows SD cards but whatever.

Thank goodness I missed out on the DSi.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Broken_Cartridge

Quote from: Third K on March 27, 2010, 06:21:34 AM
http://kotaku.com/5503312/nintendos-new-ds-will-still-force-you-to-re+buy-your-digital-games

This is the part where we start whining about how nintendo needs to just allow you to make one huge linked account that connects to everything, or some solution. I'm kinda confused since the DSi allows SD cards but whatever.

Thank goodness I missed out on the DSi.
I know it probably should bother me but it doesnt D=

えっちーせんぱい

If its backwards compatible with DS games I'd get it, my DS lite is showing age (although my original DS still works well too).

So its still going to be flash memory based? Better get to using SD cards for storage Nintendo, you won't need more than a 4/8GB card.

Thirdkoopa

More stuff.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63129
QuoteSharp Shows Off Glasses-Less 3D Screen Rumored to be for Nintendo 3DS
by Brian Leahy Apr 02, 2010 10:00pm CST tags: Nintendo 3DS, Sharp, E3 2010
Nintendo abruptly announced the 3DS, its next-gen handheld which will have some sort of glasses-free 3D tech, amid countless rumors in the Japanese press. One of these rumors claimed that the device's glasses-free display would be provided by Sharp.

Sharp has been showing off a 3.4-inch, 480 x 854 pixel display that creates the 3D effect by using "a parallax barrier system to create a sense of depth by using a series of vertical slits in an ordinary LCD to direct light to the right and left eyes," according to Engadget.

Multiple sources have indicated to Shacknews that this is indeed the screen for the 3DS, specifying that the display will make some assumptions based on viewing angles and have a so-called sweet spot for the 3D effect.

According to Engadget, versions of the display without touchscreen technology will enter mass production before June, followed by the touchscreen version that's in the 3DS .

Akihabara News got a look at the display and calls the technology "mind-blowing". We should be getting a look at the 3DS, screen and all, at E3 2010 in June.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

FruitFlow

Oh wow.
Another handheld of the same branch.

Hmmm, lets see. First there was DS, then along came DS Lite which led to DSi and evolved into DSi XL.
Now they're already shooting out plans for the release of yet "another".
Seriously Nintendo, the DSi and DSi XL haven't even experienced a 1 year anniversary.

Anyways, I more than likely won't get it.
I still have my original DS from launch and I'm quite satisfied with it.

Unless I find reason to buy one, I won't be getting one.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Mystic

3DS is not a DS. It's a new system. Or are you telling me the Wii is an NES?

Neerb

Quote from: Mystic on May 21, 2010, 08:13:51 AM
3DS is not a DS. It's a new system. Or are you telling me the Wii is an NES?

THANK YOU!!!!! WHY CAN PEOPLE NOT GET IT THROUGH THEIR FREAKING HEADS?!?!?

JrDude

Easily understandable. DS. Then they added a 3, even though it's not, it sounds like just another DS with 1 or 2 (or 3) new things. When I hear it I think similarly to when I hear DSi, DS.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

It's a new console. If it says that it has backward compatibility, it IS a new console.

JrDude

Quote from: TheAuraWielder on June 10, 2010, 10:48:23 PM
It's a new console. If it says that it has backward compatibility, it IS a new console.
Yes, but it's understandable that people would get confused.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

What do you guys think it will look like design wise? Personally, I'm thinking that it will look very, very close to any incarnation of the DS. I'm not expecting a radical change in the slightest (which will likely lead to more consumer confusion).

Neerb

http://kotaku.com/5561086/is-this-nintendos-3ds

New rumors combined with old ones for a nice-looking sketch: 3D camera (as in, take 3D pictures :O ), MP3/AAC access, Wii-level power, motion-control for tilting fun, a wide screen on top, and a small joystick (the little white circle in the bottom left of the picture).  NICE.

Nayrman

Notice how it says MOCK-UP there.
We don't know for sure, and if it has near Wii level power that'll completely prove that Nintendo didn't try at all with the Wii in terms of Tech.

I guess we'll see tomorrow, and I hope they show off something useful for it, as if it's more motion sensing BS I'm not going to get it.

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on June 14, 2010, 09:19:28 AM
Notice how it says MOCK-UP there.
We don't know for sure, and if it has near Wii level power that'll completely prove that Nintendo didn't try at all with the Wii in terms of Tech.

I guess we'll see tomorrow, and I hope they show off something useful for it, as if it's more motion sensing BS I'm not going to get it.

I think the fact that the Xbox 360 existed before the Wii proves that they didn't try in terms of tech.  :D

Plus, technology has grown in the past 5 years.