News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Marisa on January 08, 2011, 03:46:41 PM
Ooh, they unveiled the price of the 3DS for America? Or is it, y'know, still a rumor?
Well, they did say the price in Japan was too high, and people here are speculating it to be above $200.

Magnum

Well I have 250 saved away, so I hope it's nothing above that. I want money for games too.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Kayo

I'll pay $200 on it. No more.

I'm getting it no matter what though, so disregard that. ;-;
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 08, 2011, 05:08:22 PM
Well I have 250 saved away, so I hope it's nothing above that. I want money for games too.

lol $70 games in japan

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

REGION LOCKED:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=147059

Nintendo, if you're going to pull off stuff like this, there better be no or very small periods between the US and Japanese release.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

I honestly don't understand region locking...
If they bother to import your games you're still getting paid for it. X_X:;

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 11, 2011, 04:15:37 PM
I honestly don't understand region locking...
If they bother to import your games you're still getting paid for it. X_X:;
Yeah, but they don't want a middle man, I guess.

If this were Sony or Microsoft, it wouldn't be a problem because they rarely have region-specific games, and they rarely have a very long length of time between releases. Nintendo has both.

Not that I've ever bought a DS import, because I haven't. It's just making it more tempting to use flash cards if you region lock.

I really hope Nintendo has demos for retail 3DS games, that might cut down a bit.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Doomtrain on January 11, 2011, 04:12:02 PM
REGION LOCKED:

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=147059

Nintendo, if you're going to pull off stuff like this, there better be no or very small periods between the US and Japanese release.
Don't care much. Importing games is like importing a Japanese scroll that you need to decipher to play something you could play soon.

Kayo

Oh, intercourse ing.

I had originally planned on importing B/W, then I didn't. I was gonna import the next Pokemon game in 4 years (assuming there will be a Gen VI) but now I can't intercourse ing do that. :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

SkyMyl

3DS event happened today. Out of all the details revealed, there's only two that we've all been asking for: the price and date of release.

March 27th, $249.00. If you're in Europe, though, the price of the 3DS is going to vary from store to store. Other details include a return of Friend Codes (FUCK), but it's only one, universal code instead of individual for each game, and a built in gyroscope (which we knew about already), that's already being implemented.

Quote from: REMAKE IS RUINEDIt has a built-in gyroscope for motion control. Justin is currently having a whale of a time using it to aim his slingshot in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

QuoteThe 3DS is backward compatible with "most " DS games.

Also, have some nightmares about Team Ninja's collaboration with Nintendo on Other M.

Hearing talk about how DSi purchases can also be transferred to the 3DS, so that's awesome if you were a sucker and got a DSi. Speaking of which, GB and GBC games are going to be available for purchase on the 3DS, if you're into that.

3D features aren't as strong as we've been led to believe, I've heard. On that note, I hear the foot sections in Kid Icarus are poop, but the on rail segments are fantastic, but who's to really know both of those for sure until this thing comes out?

So yeah, you guys still going to buy it, or did this event kill the 3DS hype? I'm still making a day 1 investment because I'm a retarded fanboy.

DededeCloneChris

I thank god I started saving ever since my birthday. So buying this together with the new Pokemon version coming out that month as well.

Nayrman

Well MYL, apparently I'm a retarded fanboy as well. Pre-ordered mine on Amazon in the black color. Sure, it'll be a day or two after street date, but like intercourse  I'm dealing with Gamestop or BestBuy to pre-order a system ever again. Figured I'd try online and see what happens. *shrugs*

I'm actually looking forward to the GB and GBC downloads, it's been forever since I've played them and would like to have my entire library on the go again. :P

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on January 19, 2011, 01:22:52 PM
Well MYL, apparently I'm a retarded fanboy as well. Pre-ordered mine on Amazon in the black color. Sure, it'll be a day or two after street date, but like intercourse  I'm dealing with Gamestop or BestBuy to pre-order a system ever again. Figured I'd try online and see what happens. *shrugs*
Patience is rewarded with leisure when you pre-order online.
Retarded fanboys pre-order at GameStop.

Kayo

Crap, that's a ton of money. But if I include all my Best Buy giftcards with my cash I have enough.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on January 19, 2011, 02:04:55 PM
Patience is rewarded with leisure when you pre-order online.
Retarded fanboys pre-order at GameStop.

Not to mention they're terrible at getting poop done. I don't mind waiting a day or so to be honest. My only disappointment is that there's no Zelda or StarFox at launch. Oh well.

And yes, Friend Codes are SLIGHTLY less annoying! Nintendo, you're...slowly...figuring things out.