News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 28, 2011, 12:31:57 PM
I had a Gamestop GC controller that kept shutting off my Wii after an update.
My bro had that same problem, but it was a Madcatz GC controller.

Quote from: Neerb on March 28, 2011, 12:29:05 PM
And it only formatted itself ONCE.  :D
...isn't it bad that it formatted itself period?

FruitFlow

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 28, 2011, 12:35:09 PM
My bro had that same problem, but it was a Madcatz GC controller.
It happened during Brawl a few years ago.
After an update and during about 5 mins of play it kept shutting off over and over again. As long as the controller was in the socket.

I had to keep hard resetting the Wii by unplugging and replugging the AC Adapter.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Mutilator7

Quote from: Neerb on March 28, 2011, 08:17:50 AM
If anyone here has both a 3DS and a Kingdom Hearts DS game, could you please give your opinion on how it handles with the circle pad?

Also, good news (sorta): you can double your 3DS battery life for $19.99.

I purchased Super Scribblenauts and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded at launch because of the lack of any good games for it (They didn't have super street fighter). The circle pad controls the character very well, pretty fluid movement. I would assume any game with 8 direction movement would control good with the pad (I wanna try Super Mario 64).

Also, where is the microphone located? I was playing some Mario Kart balloon battle and couldn't find the mic, but when i just blew into the general direction of the 3DS, the balloon filled up. Is it that hole below the start button? I tried blowing directly into that but it didn't do anything. Speaking of original DS games on the 3DS, why doesn't the top screen fill up all the way? I don't mind it, but i don't think it would be that hard to do, the DSi XL did. Something like playing original gameboy games on the SP, have an option (or button) to change it back.

FruitFlow

Quote from: Mutilator7 on March 28, 2011, 01:54:12 PMI would assume any game with 8 direction movement would control good with the pad.
Super Mario 64 DS was decent with a pad, but I honestly would have preferred using a Stick.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

SkyMyl

The Final Stage of Face Raiders makes my eyes sweat with dignity.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 28, 2011, 01:58:37 PM
Super Mario 64 DS was decent with a pad, but I honestly would have preferred using a Stick.
Just tried it, and it's very nice.

FruitFlow

Cornwad

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on March 29, 2011, 04:27:06 PM
What's the best launch title?
It would be Street Fighter IV.

Otherwise...hahahahaha.

Nayrman

Which is why I'm really not getting any of the launch titles. *waits for June to hit for Ocarina of Time* But I do want the mailman to hurry up so I can fiddle with it and finally have something to carry around that's better than my DSPhat. Oh DSPhat. You served your duty well for seven years. You've earned a good rest. *I'm still keeping it btw*

FruitFlow

I got off of work late, so I missed my chance.

Super

FruitFlow

Nayrman

Well, I finally got it in the mail. Very sleek and cool to look at. And yes, the first time it did the 3D effect after the countdown and it actually worked I had a little nerdgasm. Glasses free 3D technology. Hollywood, take note please. Actually looked pretty good outside of the usual fuzzyness of it. Like I said though, I'll probably have it off most of the time. I made my Mii and that was about it.

Negatives:
- the cameras absolutely REFUSE to read the AR cards. Like, at all. I did EVERYTHING it asked for. Good lighting, flat surface, not bent, correct angle (so much so that I got my protractor out and did the specific angle it asked for, then I used a ruler to measure the correct length). It simply WOULD. NOT. WORK. I'm always skeptical of cameras, and once again it shows that camera reading technology still isn't good.
- It seems Nintendo still has problems with my router. Like the DS, my 3DS won't connect to it at all. Which is odd considering I can access it, and input the security. I still WILL. NOT. WORK. Something tells me it's my router being poopty (because it is in fact a piece of poop that needs to die in a fire), but my PS3 and Wii connect to it just fine. I seriously don't get what's wrong here. @_@;;
- no games. Yeah. Not the system's fault, but good lord I have nothing to play on it. I'll still use my DSPhat for Black at the moment, because from what I hear it'll look better and frankly it just boots up faster. *shrugs* I'll use 3DS for all other DS games though. I already played a little Mario 64 DS on it. ANALOG STICK...FINALLY!

So yeah, I can't get my FC because the 3DS is a dick and won't connect to my router. *sighs*

FruitFlow

How many megapixels does the camera functionality hold?