News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on March 31, 2011, 02:54:53 PM
Well, I finally got it in the mail. Very sleek and cool to look at. And yes, the first time it did the 3D effect after the countdown and it actually worked I had a little nerdgasm. Glasses free 3D technology. Hollywood, take note please. Actually looked pretty good outside of the usual fuzzyness of it. Like I said though, I'll probably have it off most of the time. I made my Mii and that was about it.

Negatives:
- the cameras absolutely REFUSE to read the AR cards. Like, at all. I did EVERYTHING it asked for. Good lighting, flat surface, not bent, correct angle (so much so that I got my protractor out and did the specific angle it asked for, then I used a ruler to measure the correct length). It simply WOULD. NOT. WORK. I'm always skeptical of cameras, and once again it shows that camera reading technology still isn't good.
- It seems Nintendo still has problems with my router. Like the DS, my 3DS won't connect to it at all. Which is odd considering I can access it, and input the security. I still WILL. NOT. WORK. Something tells me it's my router being poopty (because it is in fact a piece of poop that needs to die in a fire), but my PS3 and Wii connect to it just fine. I seriously don't get what's wrong here. @_@;;
- no games. Yeah. Not the system's fault, but good lord I have nothing to play on it. I'll still use my DSPhat for Black at the moment, because from what I hear it'll look better and frankly it just boots up faster. *shrugs* I'll use 3DS for all other DS games though. I already played a little Mario 64 DS on it. ANALOG STICK...FINALLY!

So yeah, I can't get my FC because the 3DS is a dick and won't connect to my router. *sighs*

I haven't had one problem with the camera. I've used AR cards in both the light and dark. I even put it in my pizza and fished in the cheese. No matter what distance I'm at it seems to work fine. Your cameras might be faulty.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

FruitFlow

"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on March 31, 2011, 02:54:53 PM
- It seems Nintendo still has problems with my router. Like the DS, my 3DS won't connect to it at all. Which is odd considering I can access it, and input the security. I still WILL. NOT. WORK. Something tells me it's my router being poopty (because it is in fact a piece of poop that needs to die in a fire), but my PS3 and Wii connect to it just fine. I seriously don't get what's wrong here. @_@;;
I'd be wary, since Mack's 3DS couldn't connect to the internet either and he's being forced to wait an entire month for it to be repaired. Yours may go through a similar fate.

Custom

is all of nayr's complaints were just due to a defective system does that mean that this is the perfect handheld?

also does everyone's dpad squeak while snaking or is that just mine?

FruitFlow

Quote from: Custom on March 31, 2011, 03:24:56 PM
My friend's 3DS did the same thing.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

SkyMyl

Mine has a satisfying click, so it's probably just something that varies from system to system.

is all of nayr's complaints were just due to a defective system does that mean that this is the perfect handheld?
we'll see once games come out for it

FruitFlow

Nayrman

The internet thing may just be due to my router being poop, but Nintendo really should have better options for a handheld meant to connect to many different routers and such.

The camera.... I dunno. those things are so darn finnicky it may be me. But yeah, I still blame the system for being a picky little poop about angles and stuff. Such a pain. Like MYL said, we'll see once games come out for it. *now uses 3DS as a spiffy DS until Ocarina comes out in June*

FruitFlow

Just curious, but what region is your 3DS?
I've heard that getting one from outside of your area provides online issues with Region Lock.

But I'm guessing you have one from your area?

Nayrman

Quote from: FruitFlow on March 31, 2011, 03:57:24 PM
Just curious, but what region is your 3DS?
I've heard that getting one from outside of your area provides online issues with Region Lock.

But I'm guessing you have one from your area?
Yes. Got it on Amazon. It's this region.
I can get to the connection test, so I figure it's just something to do with my poopty router. *shrugs* Still. My Wii connects just fine, so I don't know what the problem overall is.

SkyMyl

My regular DS has the exact same problem, Nayr.

Did you try fiddling with your firewall?

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 31, 2011, 04:13:18 PM
My regular DS has the exact same problem, Nayr.

Did you try fiddling with your firewall?
By fiddling you mean do what exactly?

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on March 31, 2011, 04:14:55 PM
By fiddling you mean do what exactly?
Check to see what connections your Firewall approves of.
But only if it's custom settings.

Nayrman

I can only turn it on and off. So yeah... not so much custom. Any ideas?

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on March 31, 2011, 03:38:36 PM
The internet thing may just be due to my router being poop, but Nintendo really should have better options for a handheld meant to connect to many different routers and such.

The camera.... I dunno. those things are so darn finnicky it may be me. But yeah, I still blame the system for being a picky little poop about angles and stuff. Such a pain. Like MYL said, we'll see once games come out for it. *now uses 3DS as a spiffy DS until Ocarina comes out in June*

the cameras really are fine bro, i'm pretty sure it's just yours
they work perfectly for me
i'm like throwing cards and watching ar poop everywhere