News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

This was bound to happen at some point.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

SkyMyl

I wonder not only if that's the case, but where this "news" came from?

Neerb

Quote from: Axelayer on June 03, 2011, 05:57:23 PM

I wonder not only if that's the case, but where this "news" came from?

They JUST released a video with a bunch of footage, and it looks perfectly fine imo.

DededeCloneChris

It's tomorrow. The day where the shop and the browser are going to be released.

Neerb

Sooo disappointed that it won't have Flash; the fact that it's an online Nintendo product and probably still uses an Opera browser is bad enough.

Still, it will be interesting to have a browser, and the shop is really the most important thing anyway; free Pokedexes and Excitebike 3Ds for all the children!!

DededeCloneChris

Shall we take a look at the major points of the browser? I got this.

•The browser will not support plugins like Flash or PDF.
•The browser can be made to zoom in on JPEG images by tapping and holding. These images can then be saved to SD and viewed in the 3DS Camera app.
•The browser can directly display 3D picture data in the MPO format.
•You can store up to 64 favorites.
•The browser can read into your SD card to upload pictures that you've taken with the 3DS Camera.
•Compatible image formats include MPG, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP and ICO.
•The browser will have parental controls. You can limit internet use through the 3DS system settings. You'll also have free access to Digital Arts' i-Filter for Nintendo 3DS, which allows for more specific restrictions.

Spud

I heard the 3DS was using NetFront, not Opera.

Neerb

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 05, 2011, 02:43:41 PM
Shall we take a look at the major points of the browser? I got this.

•The browser will not support plugins like Flash or PDF.
•The browser can be made to zoom in on JPEG images by tapping and holding. These images can then be saved to SD and viewed in the 3DS Camera app.
•The browser can directly display 3D picture data in the MPO format.
You can store up to 64 favorites.
The browser can read into your SD card to upload pictures that you've taken with the 3DS Camera.
•Compatible image formats include MPG, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP and ICO.
•The browser will have parental controls. You can limit internet use through the 3DS system settings. You'll also have free access to Digital Arts' i-Filter for Nintendo 3DS, which allows for more specific restrictions.

I like deez. Still, shame about Flash and PDF.

FruitFlow

Dang. Still no Flash support?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

So, the update is supposed to be coming today right? When's that supposed to be?

Super

Quote from: Neerb on June 05, 2011, 01:44:17 PM
Sooo disappointed that it won't have Flash; the fact that it's an online Nintendo product and probably still uses an Opera browser is bad enough.

Still, it will be interesting to have a browser, and the shop is really the most important thing anyway; free Pokedexes and Excitebike 3Ds for all the children!!
What's wrong with Opera?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 06, 2011, 06:15:57 AM
So, the update is supposed to be coming today right? When's that supposed to be?
This evening.

Weird that an update is during the evening and not the start of the next day.

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 06, 2011, 09:20:18 AM
This evening.

Weird that an update is during the evening and not the start of the next day.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, Nintendo is always weird about that.

Super

It's morning in Japan. It's not so weird.