News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

What, are they still going to try the "Let's make it available to the DS so it sells more copies" card?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 04, 2011, 09:46:08 AM
They're apparently (rumored) downgrading RE: Revelations to a DS game. I'm...not so sure how that makes me feel.
lol

No, just no. Wherever you heard that ridiculous rumor, never listen to them again. There's just no reason for that to happen.

EDIT: Oh, loltaku. Yeah, definitely ignore it.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 04, 2011, 01:26:41 PM
lol

No, just no. Wherever you heard that ridiculous rumor, never listen to them again. There's just no reason for that to happen.

EDIT: Oh, loltaku. Yeah, definitely ignore it.
I knew that place was bad. I'm changing to Adriasang.

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 12:05:42 PM
What, are they still going to try the "Let's make it available to the DS so it sells more copies" card?

i've been telling you idiots this for weeks
you're all big dummies

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Custom on October 04, 2011, 02:46:57 PM
i've been telling you idiots this for weeks
you're all big dummies
Telling us what?

Custom

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 04, 2011, 02:48:39 PM
Telling us what?

because of the 3ds poop people are still goign to put games on the ds
which is why i'm worried about pokemon gray or whatever next version of whatever
you keep blowing it off because you're the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE but capcom has RE:Revelations listed as both a Nintendo DS AND 3DS title on their site
i want my 3ds exclusives and support for the handheld i spent $250 on

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Custom on October 04, 2011, 02:50:58 PM
because of the 3ds poop people are still goign to put games on the ds
which is why i'm worried about pokemon gray or whatever next version of whatever
you keep blowing it off because you're the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE but capcom has RE:Revelations listed as both a Nintendo DS AND 3DS title on their site
i want my 3ds exclusives and support for the handheld i spent $250 on
Kotaku's the only site reporting on that. The other major sites quickly realized that it's an error and ignored it. Besides that, it would be impossible to port it down to DS for... well, for every reason imaginable. If anything, Capcom would port it to Vita before trying to put it on DS just to end up with a PoS that no one would want.

And you think Nintendo is reconsidering putting games on 3DS? Seriously? And a Pokemon game at that? The pre-TGS conference showed that Nintendo is firing on all cylinders to get 3DS's off of shelves and that they're taking a hyper-aggressive approach to fighting Vita. At this point, there's no way that Nintendo would be willing to publish a main Pokemon game on DS. Hell, looking at 3DS sales in Japan, they probably don't even have the motivation to do something like that.

Kayo

I still think Pokemon Gray will be like Crystal was. By this I mean on a slightly newer handheld than the first two were. Remember how Gold and Silver were Game Boy while Crystal was Game Boy Color? Yeah, it's this principle exactly. They've done it before; they should do it again. In fact, it's pretty must complete deja vu, since B/W were on the same system the previous Gen was on (DS), which is exactly what happened a little over ten years ago (G/S were on the Gabe Boy, just like R/B).

It's incredibly likely. Patterns, guys.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on October 04, 2011, 05:54:28 PM
I still think Pokemon Gray will be like Crystal was. By this I mean on a slightly newer handheld than the first two were. Remember how Gold and Silver were Game Boy while Crystal was Game Boy Color? Yeah, it's this principle exactly. They've done it before; they should do it again. In fact, it's pretty must complete deja vu, since B/W were on the same system the previous Gen was on (DS), which is exactly what happened a little over ten years ago (G/S were on the Gabe Boy, just like R/B).

It's incredibly likely. Patterns, guys.

Nope.

Kayo

Hm, I say.

"The games have dual-mode capabilities allowing them to also be played on earlier Game Boy models."

HM, I say. It can be played on the Game Boy original, and hell, the cartridges are the same model size and shape.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Games that are designed specifically for the Game Boy Color are housed in clear-colored cartridges, and will not function in an earlier Game Boy or the Super Game Boy (or will simply display a warning message and refuse to play). Games that are designed for the Game Boy Color, but which also include backwards-compatibility with the previous Game Boy systems, have a similar design to the original grey Game Boy cartridges, but are colored black for identification. The European and American releases of Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Gold and Silver feature different-colored cartridges, although they are technically identical to the standard black ones."

Not sure they can do that with DS and 3DS.

Custom

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on October 04, 2011, 06:27:07 PM
Taken from Wikipedia:

"Games that are designed specifically for the Game Boy Color are housed in clear-colored cartridges, and will not function in an earlier Game Boy or the Super Game Boy (or will simply display a warning message and refuse to play). Games that are designed for the Game Boy Color, but which also include backwards-compatibility with the previous Game Boy systems, have a similar design to the original grey Game Boy cartridges, but are colored black for identification. The European and American releases of Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Gold and Silver feature different-colored cartridges, although they are technically identical to the standard black ones."

Not sure they can do that with DS and 3DS.
Breaking this down so even you can understand.

~Gen 1: Game Boy
~Gen 2: Game Boy owners can still play it, no problem. (ignore the GBC thing, since all that added was color. Which games needed anyway.
~Gen 2 3rd game: You're out of luck unless you bought a GBC, in which case you enjoy even more system-based features. (better color)

~Gen 4: DS
~Gen 5: Don't need to buy a new system, play these on your DS too.
~Gen 5 3rd game: Of course, if you want this you'll be required to step up to the next system. But you get more system-based features again (3D)

It's the same exact thing, really. Ignore the fact that Gold and Silver are enhanced a bit on the GBC and you have identical cases.

And if you still don't get it, I took the liberty of grabbing my Pokemon games for you. Note Gold's cartridge shape and consequently, it's Game Boy compatibility.

[move][/move]

Neerb

It's a shame that B/W actually look worse on the 3DS, though.

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on October 04, 2011, 06:41:30 PM
It's a shame that B/W actually look worse on the 3DS, though.

intercourse ing true that