News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris8492

hmm i wouldn't be surprised if the quality would be better.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Zero on October 09, 2011, 02:23:38 PM
It's probably be optional for most games and necessary for Monter Hunter
It's optional for Monster Hunter as well.

Also, the add-on isn't that big. It's thick, but not unwieldy so, and it's about as wide as the PSP or Vita. All reports say that it's very comfortable as well.

Quote from: Doodle on October 09, 2011, 04:47:04 PM
It'll be way better. The PS3 came out years ago.
If Nintendo's going for a next-gen leap, sure. However, they might pull another Wii and release a console that's only slightly above the current-gen consoles. It's best to expect PS3 graphics, maybe with with better framerates, textures, and AA to avoid being disappointed.

DededeCloneChris

We can hopefully expect games that could benefit with the extra added space to have revolutionary gameplay with long levels and the like that doesn't make them CoD examples. At least we can all agree that Nintendo has the most innovative ideas when it comes down to different genres.

Chris8492

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 10, 2011, 08:55:17 AM
We can hopefully expect games that could benefit with the extra added space to have revolutionary gameplay with long levels and the like that doesn't make them CoD examples. At least we can all agree that Nintendo has the most innovative ideas when it comes down to different genres.

Thats true, i wouldnt be surprised, its gonna be quite an eye opener when Nintendo's new games roll out for this. One thing, CoD is getting old and sorta the same thing over and over again, just with tiny specs added. "OMG AC130 OVERHEAD!!!!" *yawn* ehh, ill pass.

Games need originality besides little tiny addons. Thats what some of the other game systems are starting to lack a bit.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Chris93 on October 10, 2011, 09:37:44 AM
Thats true, i wouldnt be surprised, its gonna be quite an eye opener when Nintendo's new games roll out for this. One thing, CoD is getting old and sorta the same thing over and over again, just with tiny specs added. "OMG AC130 OVERHEAD!!!!" *yawn* ehh, ill pass.

Games need originality besides little tiny addons. Thats what some of the other game systems are starting to lack a bit.
Pokemon is much worse than  CoD in the area!

[spoiler]According to CoDudebros that hate Pokemon.[/spoiler]

Now get back on topic using Pokemon as a springboard! Also, do you think that 3DS will get CoD? DS did, so I think 3DS will.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 10, 2011, 12:17:21 PM
Pokemon is much worse than  CoD in the area!

[spoiler]According to CoDudebros that hate Pokemon.[/spoiler]

Now get back on topic using Pokemon as a springboard! Also, do you think that 3DS will get CoD? DS did, so I think 3DS will.
I'll be honest. It'd be nice if they gave the 3DS one game.

ONE. GAME.

Doodle

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 10, 2011, 07:46:19 AM
If Nintendo's going for a next-gen leap, sure. However, they might pull another Wii and release a console that's only slightly above the current-gen consoles. It's best to expect PS3 graphics, maybe with with better framerates, textures, and AA to avoid being disappointed.
When their appeal is supposed to be "you, the hardcore gamer," they darn well better be.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 10, 2011, 12:17:21 PM
Also, do you think that 3DS will get CoD? DS did, so I think 3DS will.
They pump out one for each console CoD game usually, so I'd imagine they would.
YEAH

Neerb

Nintendo has survived on first-party series for all of its other genres so far; I say Nintendo needs to get on board with the shooter genre as well. And not on-rails shooters like Sin & Punishment and the strange amalgam of genres that is Star Fox, I mean modern multiplayer-worthy shooters. Kid Icarus is kinda going this route, and it certainly looks good so far, but it's so very different than the big online shooters like CoD, Gears, and TF2 that it's not competing for the same kinds of players.

Turok

Quote from: Neerb on October 10, 2011, 01:56:57 PM
Nintendo has survived on first-party series for all of its other genres so far; I say Nintendo needs to get on board with the shooter genre as well. And not on-rails shooters like Sin & Punishment and the strange amalgam of genres that is Star Fox, I mean modern multiplayer-worthy shooters. Kid Icarus is kinda going this route, and it certainly looks good so far, but it's so very different than the big online shooters like CoD, Gears, and TF2 that it's not competing for the same kinds of players.
Geist, but executed well this time. The body switching mechanic worked pretty well in the multiplayer imo. Just the controls sucked.

Console or handheld though?

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Neerb

Quote from: Turok on October 10, 2011, 09:50:18 PM
Geist, but executed well this time. The body switching mechanic worked pretty well in the multiplayer imo. Just the controls sucked.

Console or handheld though?

It's Nintendo; make a Smash Bros-worthy infinite game franchise out of it and they can eventually have it on BOTH. I'm not talking about a one-time thing like, well, the first Geist, I'm talking about a Mario-Pokemon-Zelda-Kirby-level series.

DededeCloneChris

Tales of the Abyss 3DS has been dated for release this February 14, 2012.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Doodle on October 10, 2011, 01:40:54 PM
When their appeal is supposed to be "you, the hardcore gamer," they darn well better be.
Sadly, they can't. They would have to scrap Wii U, go with a traditional controller, wait 1-2 more years, and go loss-leading to get the 10x jump they need. It's not feasible. Even Sony and Microsoft wouldn't be able to get that 10x jump next year easily, if at all. Best case scenario is that it ends up in a Dreamcast situation power-wise compared to the other consoles.

Though, since the online will be poop, it really doesn't matter.

Quote from: Neerb on October 10, 2011, 01:56:57 PM
Fuck no. We have enough of those. Handhelds don't really appeal to that audience, Wii U is sure to get flooded with them by third-parties, and whatever they make will be completely overshadowed by companies that won't vagina-y out. And, again, Nintendo's online is fried poop.

Doodle

Supposedly they're working on different online for WiiU or something
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on October 11, 2011, 06:19:43 PM
Supposedly they're working on different online for WiiU or something
Oh boy.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on October 11, 2011, 06:21:05 PM
Oh boy.
Hey, the WiiU can now beat people at Jeopardy. I'm sure they'll surprise us.