News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayghost on November 12, 2011, 07:04:23 PM
Don't you know it. I just hope it's not a Gamestop exclusive. I highly doubt it will be, though.

Best Buy seems to have it, but I can't confirm. It's too blurry.

DededeCloneChris

Best Buy doesn't seem to have the exclusive 3DS designs despite the fact they come bundled with those games, unless they're implying they game the real designs.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 12, 2011, 09:53:37 PM
Best Buy doesn't seem to have the exclusive 3DS designs despite the fact they come bundled with those games, unless they're implying they game the real designs.

Only the Zelda one is a special design. Also, it's Best Buy. It might just be mislabeled. I don't see why Nintendo would give GameStop exclusivity, especially since Nintendo can't just use the same ones used in Europe. The picture is too blurry to really tell, so we'll have to wait for confirmation.

Looking really closely, however, I think that I can see the gold lines.

DededeCloneChris

Oh wait, I can make out the golden lines too.

Nayrman

So, how about that Mario 3D Land? Incredibly slow and stupidly easy right? I'm entering World 7 with 120 lives and all star coins. It's called NINTENDO Hard for a reason guys, step up the challenge some please!

DededeCloneChris

I feel a bit hurt you went ahead and mentioned the number of worlds you are, but I won't make a scene.

And judging you're that far already, I can only say you're enjoying the game. Good enough for a buy for me!

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on November 13, 2011, 05:27:09 AM
Only the Zelda one is a special design. Also, it's Best Buy. It might just be mislabeled. I don't see why Nintendo would give GameStop exclusivity, especially since Nintendo can't just use the same ones used in Europe. The picture is too blurry to really tell, so we'll have to wait for confirmation.

Looking really closely, however, I think that I can see the gold lines.
I definitely see the gold trim, especially in the top left corner of the system.

I want this so bad.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 13, 2011, 12:36:48 PM
I feel a bit hurt you went ahead and mentioned the number of worlds you are, but I won't make a scene.

And judging you're that far already, I can only say you're enjoying the game. Good enough for a buy for me!

Hurt? Anyway, yeah, it's enjoyable sure, but  just way too easy.

Kayo

Let's not talk about that game in this because some people (like me) are unable to get it and spoilers suck.  Because if it was all discussed in its own thread it would be able to avoid.

But anyway, I'm a bit confused as to why they made a nice design for the OoT bundle but not for the Mario one. :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on November 13, 2011, 12:28:44 PM
So, how about that Mario 3D Land? Incredibly slow and stupidly easy right? I'm entering World 7 with 120 lives and all star coins. It's called NINTENDO Hard for a reason guys, step up the challenge some please!

IGN mentioned the difficulty spikes after World 8 to make up for it.

Nayrman

Quote from: The Penguin on November 13, 2011, 02:18:23 PM
IGN mentioned the difficulty spikes after World 8 to make up for it.

Yeah, but IGN "is babies" (thanks Heavy). I've been hearing that too, so hopefully it'll come up. But it's just one of those things where Nintendo's stereotype fulfills itself. You want to make the casuals become more core gamers? Then stop making the games you make so pathetically easy. I just have to keep bringing up the fact that most of us as kids played games far harder than what they're making and we got through them just fine. *shrugs* Or at the very least just let me skip the main quest because it was just boring most of the time since it was  way too easy.

DededeCloneChris

The world doesn't revolve around us, Nayrman. Easy or hard, it doesn't matter to me. Galaxy 2 was an actual difficulty spike that they themselves addressed, for example. I like how the 3D was implemented.

Nayrman

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on November 13, 2011, 03:35:11 PM
The world doesn't revolve around us, Nayrman. Easy or hard, it doesn't matter to me. Galaxy 2 was an actual difficulty spike that they themselves addressed, for example. I like how the 3D was implemented.

I know it doesn't, but you have to have some level of challenge to not only a) get the casuals to actually get BETTER at games, and b) if it's too easy, it's just plain boring. There's really no "game" if what's there to stop you is so pathetic.... *shrugs*

Zero

brb bombing Nintendo Kyoto HQ from orbit

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayghost on November 13, 2011, 01:13:40 PM
But anyway, I'm a bit confused as to why they made a nice design for the OoT bundle but not for the Mario one. :/
It's part of the Zelda 25th anniversary celebration.