News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on November 29, 2011, 07:50:56 PM
I care more about the extra update they're tossing in to make up for the delay.

Which is?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Penguin Pie on November 29, 2011, 08:02:07 PM
Which is?
I'd have said its name if it wasn't for the fact they didn't say exactly what kind of update it is, just that they're tossing an extra one.

Neerb

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on November 29, 2011, 08:16:54 PM
I'd have said its name if it wasn't for the fact they didn't say exactly what kind of update it is, just that they're tossing an extra one.

Well then, I'm hoping it's an update on when the GBA games arrive.

DededeCloneChris

The update is now live two days earlier.

Neerb

Meh update. The mediocre camera now has a video feature, which has awful-looking 3D but not the worst 2D in the world; I'm still not sure if you can save videos onto your SD card from some other source and watch them on the 3DS. Mii Plaza has new puzzles that are going to be even HARDER to solve (as if letting me buy 30 pieces I already own in a row wasn't obnoxiously "challenging" enough), and while there is a Find Mii 2, you can't unlock it until you have all of the hats from the first one. There are some other Mii Plaza things like Soundtrack and Achievements, but nothing incredible. There's also a whole new channel on the 3DS menu, which appears to offer downloadable videos and demos of new and upcoming games, but it only works if you go to certain places... certain places which I do not know of (a GameStop, maybe?).

And of course, still no news on GBA games yet, at least not from the 3DS itself.

DededeCloneChris

Neerb

Eh, it's a good update. I'm just upset that we still can't watch videos outside of Video Channel (which has been lame from day 1) or Netflix (which not everyone is subscribed to and requires W-fi anyway). Also, the "Nintendo Zone" sounds a lot like the Wii's Nintendo Channel, which rarely has anything good, only it will be less convenient to reach.

Then again, the 3DS shop is rapidly looking better than the Wii's shop, so maybe the demo/video thing will end up proving its worth as well.

Neerb

GAME BOY ADVANCE AMBASSADOR UPDATE:

The complete list of games is as follows:
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$

The date of release is December 16 for Japan, although that probably means we'll get it fairly soon to.

So, thoughts? I'm fairly psyched myself; this is way better than the NES list.

Nayrman

Quote from: Delibird on December 14, 2011, 06:43:59 AM
GAME BOY ADVANCE AMBASSADOR UPDATE:

The complete list of games is as follows:
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity What? Nintendo actually remembers this series exists?
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 Eh, ok. I would've preferred Mario World but whatever.
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Not a fan of the top down Zeldas. <_<
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Cool, free Fire Emblem
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror I'll check it out
Mario Kart Super Circuit Oh goody, the worst Mario Kart game for free.... joy....
Mario vs Donkey Kong Don't care
Metroid Fusion Yay
Wario Land 4 Played to death but yay anyway
WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$ yay more time wasting nonesense.

The date of release is December 16 for Japan, although that probably means we'll get it fairly soon to.

So, thoughts? I'm fairly psyched myself; this is way better than the NES list.

My thoughts in bold.

DededeCloneChris

Oh, quiet, NeverGetPleasedWithAnythingNayrman. That line up is pretty good.

Also, ohmygodretrotracksinmy3ds.

Hero_of_Darkness

DededeCloneChris

Nayrman

Quote from: GamingPrinceChris on December 14, 2011, 09:33:33 AM
Oh, quiet, NeverGetPleasedWithAnythingNayrman. That line up is pretty good.

Also, ohmygodretrotracksinmy3ds.

There are some games I like yet other games (Golden Sun) that I would've rather had, Mr.IBlindlyLoveEverythingNintendoDoesGamingPrinceChris

Hero_of_Darkness

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on December 14, 2011, 09:57:08 AM
Last week in Japan:

Discuss.

Holy crap, 360 managed to sell a whole 6 out of every 1000 consoles?

Quote from: Nayrman on December 14, 2011, 10:43:18 AM
There are some games I like yet other games (Golden Sun) that I would've rather had, Mr.IBlindlyLoveEverythingNintendoDoesGamingPrinceChris

I also would have preferred Golden Sun to Mario Kart, and, like your previous post says, I would have preferred Super Mario World to Yoshi's Island (though I've never played ANY of the four games I just mentioned).

However, you should check dat Minish Cap. I myself am not a big fan of 2D-Zelda, but Minish Cap is a huge exception.