News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Seaman 3DS!

http://andriasang.com/con012/seaman_3ds/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

[spoiler]I have never played Seaman.[/spoiler]

Neerb

I heard about that game once... I hoped I would never see that picture again.

Hero_of_Darkness

Well, the real news (okay, technically rumor) is that Nintendo wants to revive other old third-party IPs on 3DS as well. I hope they do the same for Wii U. This move could really bring Nintendo back to being a strong core brand.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 20, 2012, 09:45:39 AM
3DS's first year in Japan:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
From the Underwhere to the Overthere. That's impressive.

zephilicious

theres nothing impressive about the earliest and most significant price drop in nintendo history
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on February 20, 2012, 02:47:04 PM
theres nothing impressive about the earliest and most significant price drop in nintendo history
A price drop alone doesn't push sales like this. If it were just the price cut, it would have fallen back to low sales after a month or two. Software pushes hardware. In Japan, 3DS never fell below third place in the weekly charts until the price cut was announced. After the price cut, sales kept dropping steadily and it most likely would have fallen back around PSP sales if not for the Monster Hunter announcement. Now, it's accounting for >50% of hardware sales every week in Japan with no signs of slowing down. A price cut can't do that. The price cut helped a lot, but Mario and Monster Hunter are the main reasons for it. If price is all that matters, explain the GameCube.

Nayrman

So how about that NamcoBandai/Capcom/Sega game announced at that online conference thing?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 22, 2012, 08:03:56 AM
So how about that NamcoBandai/Capcom/Sega game announced at that online conference thing?
Needs more Squenix to become a legendary game, I'd say.

Nayrman

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on February 22, 2012, 08:23:51 AM
Needs more Squenix to become a legendary game, I'd say.

Yeah, get Squenix involved and get Nintendo to help and just make "Super Smash Bros. of Gamingdom", because at this point when more than two companies join up for whatever reason, that's all we want. :p

Doodle

Quote from: Nayrman on February 22, 2012, 08:03:56 AM
What was it? I had to leave when it started
YEAH

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Doodle on February 22, 2012, 09:42:03 AM
What was it? I had to leave when it started

They didn't give any details at all. Iwata is such a tease sometimes.

Nayrman

Nope, no details at all. Probably gonna have to wait for either GDC in March (that's in march right?) or E3.

So, time for some wild mass guessing. Anyone care to join?

What I'd want it to be: they're making the 3DS version of Smash 4, and they supply characters for both versions. Considering 2 of the 3 were in Brawl, and Capcom (i.e. Megaman) was very requested last time, I wouldn't be TOO shocked if this happened, but it's probably unlikely this is the case. A guy can dream though.

What I think it really is: Capcom X Namco X Sega of some kind. *shrugs*

Hero_of_Darkness

*is still waiting for Nintendo vs. Capcom*

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on February 22, 2012, 04:02:23 PM
Nope, no details at all. Probably gonna have to wait for either GDC in March (that's in march right?) or E3.

So, time for some wild mass guessing. Anyone care to join?

What I'd want it to be: they're making the 3DS version of Smash 4, and they supply characters for both versions. Considering 2 of the 3 were in Brawl, and Capcom (i.e. Megaman) was very requested last time, I wouldn't be TOO shocked if this happened, but it's probably unlikely this is the case. A guy can dream though.

What I think it really is: Capcom X Namco X Sega of some kind. *shrugs*

Two of the three? Namco Bandai owns Konami?

Nayrman

Quote from: Neerb on February 22, 2012, 04:08:38 PM
Two of the three? Namco Bandai owns Konami?

*reads my previous comment* Massive amounts of brainfarts on my end. So just SEGA then. My bad. thanks for the correction.

Namco could still work rather well in Smash. But we'll see.