<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. Rumble - Character Suggestion Thread

Started by GrimTuesday, December 24, 2007, 01:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTuesday

-INTRODUCTION-

Hello everyone, I am GrimTuesday.
As some of you may or may not know, I am a game designer and I am currently working on a game called Super Smash Bros. Rumble. This is a thread where you can suggest for me to add or subtract one character to/from the game.

-RULES-

-Only suggest characters to add if you have a good reason to add them-
-Only suggest characters to subtract if you have a good reason to subtract them-
-No flaming other peoples idea, everyone has their own opinion, respect that-
-Don't choose a stupid character that would never make it into a smash game (eg. Batman, Luke Skywalker, Homer Simpson, etc...)-
-Characters must have appeared on a Nintendo System to be part of this game-
-I am only taking two characters from each third party company and only one from each franchise-
-Have fun (yes this is a rule, if you don't have fun you are disobeying the rules and you shall be terminated)-

-CHARACTERS SO FAR-
Here is a list of characters that are in the game so far.

Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong -
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi Series
Yoshi
Kamek
WarioWare Series
Wario
Jimmy T.
Ashley
Legend of Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Vaati
Metroid Series
Samus
Dark Samus
Ridley
Kirby Series
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta-knight
Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal
Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Lucario
F-Zero Series
Capt. Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Earthbound Series
Ness
Lucas
Paula
Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Black Knight
Sigurd
Game & Watch Series
Mr. Game & Watch
Golden Sun Series
Isaac
Felix
Pikmin Series
Capt. Olimar
Ice Climbers Series
Ice Climbers
Kid Icarus Series
Pit
Eggplant Wizard
Advance Wars Series
Andy
Sami
Animal Crossing Series
Tom Nook
Mr. Resetti
K.K. Slider
Custom Robo Series
Ray 01
Bayonette
Punch Out!! Series
Little Mac
Banjo Kazooie Series
Banjo
Sonic the Hedgehog Series
Sonic
NIGHTS into Dreams Series
NiGHTS
Megaman Series
Megaman
Phoenix Wright Series
Phoenix Wright
Metal Gear Solid Series
Snake
Parodius Series
Koitsu
Bomberman Series
Bomberman
Chrono Trigger Series
Chrono
Pacman Series
Pacman
Klonoa Series
Klonoa

-DEMO-
Here is the demo so far, don't laugh at the graphics it was the only sprites I could find that had all of Mario's moves and stuff...

http://rapidshare.com/files/79540008/SAB_Game.exe.html

Press F1 for controls

Also note that Online does not work, I am currently trying to fix it.

Player 2's controls are not listed, but they are not important because none of his attacks do any damage.

B attacks don't deal damage, and grab damages opponents but doesn't grab them (because I couldn't find any sprites for being grabbed)

I called it Super Anime Bros. because of the stupid graphics, I just thought it would be funny (When the real game comes out it will have the same graphics as SSBM).

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

Joeofmars

Cooking Mama is in it? This game is already perfect!

DededeCloneChris

Daft Pink

Where's the animal crosser? And Ronald McDonald? And Michael Jackson?  ????

fredrickthethird

Resident Evil Series
Leon Kennedy- He is in 2 Re games and was recently in a wii released one. Resident Evil 4 (his most recent game) won game of the year.

Kong series
Lanky Kong- He would have an extremely original moveset. He would be awesome. He has an original look. He just was realeased in a non- rare game (that one new donkey kong wii racing game) so he is therefore not a third party.

GrimTuesday

Quote from: fredrickthethird on December 24, 2007, 10:29:47 AM
Resident Evil Series
Leon Kennedy- He is in 2 Re games and was recently in a wii released one. Resident Evil 4 (his most recent game) won game of the year.

Kong series
Lanky Kong- He would have an extremely original moveset. He would be awesome. He has an original look. He just was realeased in a non- rare game (that one new donkey kong wii racing game) so he is therefore not a third party.

Leon is a good idea but I'm not so sure about Lanky, btw what company is Leon from?

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

GrimTuesday

Quote from: wiiboychris on December 24, 2007, 10:14:44 AM
AHEM, Klonoa, please?

AHEM, Rules, please?

"Only suggest characters to add if you have a good reason to add them"

GrimTuesday

Quote from: WIIGAMER24 on December 24, 2007, 10:25:32 AM
Where's the animal crosser? And Ronald McDonald? And Michael Jackson?  ????

We already have enough AC reps, and I'm not taking them out because I have a really good moveset for them. And Ronald Mcdonald was busy with the next Kingddom Hearts game and Michael was dancing away from me every time I tried to talk to him saying something about"Thriller"...

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Triforce_Luigi

Could you add Klonoa? He could be unique if you just did some research. He would be from the "Klonoa" series and is from Namco.

Also, add Claus. He has mechanical wings, an arm cannon, a beam sword, and PSI. That could make an awesome moveset and add to the anti-hero list.

thunderhero4

Add vector and shadow to the sonic series list...

Vector is an excellent fighter and shadow could be similar to sonic but with a more uniqe moveset!

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: thunderhero4 on December 24, 2007, 10:00:42 PM
Add vector and shadow to the sonic series list...

Vector is an excellent fighter and shadow could be similar to sonic but with a more uniqe moveset!

Shadow should not be similar to Sonic. He should be slightly slower, but stronger. He would use Chaos Control for his attacks, like this:

Standard B: Chaos Spear: Shadow throws a Chaos Spear at opponents.

Side B: Chaos Snap: If an enemy is a couple of feet away (in game), Shadow teleports in front of them. He will kick once, and if you continue tapping B, he will deliver a barrage of up to five kicks. If the enemy is close, he will automatically go to the kicks.

Up B: Chaos Teleportation: Shadow uses Chaos Control to teleport in the direction of your choosing. It does not do damage.

Down B: Chaos Burst: Shadow hides in space-time for a few seconds. He reappears in an explosion. The explosion is about the same size as the explosion of an Electrode. It does high damage and sends enemies flying. However, it is hard to get the timing right and a difficult move to use often. The attack is similar to Metaknight's Down B, but with an attack. Shadow cannot be attacked when he is hiding in space-time.

Final Smash: Chaos Control: Shadow takes out a Chaos Emerald and in a flash, time stops for all other characters. Shadow can then attack at his leisure. When Shadow hits an enemy, they will receive damage, but no knockback.

His standard attacks could consist of a variety of punches, kicks, and perhaps a toned-down Spin Dash.

Shujinco2

I suggest Classic Mario.

I'm still working on his moveset, but I'm sure it will be completed in the near future. ;)