Started by fredrickthethird, January 26, 2008, 10:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:34:55 AM
Quote from: Java_Java on January 26, 2008, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:24:46 AM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 26, 2008, 10:22:39 AM
BOWSER JR WILL BE PLAYABLE!!!
He's THE most popular Mario newcomer; if he's not in, there probably aren't any Mario reps (except maybe Geno, but Bowser Jr. has WAY bigger chances than him)
In case you haven't noticed....near everyone but little kids hate Bowser Jr.
He's nothing compared to the real koopa kids and frankly Geno has a MUCH better move potential than Bowser Jr. does.
Besides, I bet more poeple want Geno over Bowser Jr.
I don't hate Bowser Jr. :(
Well, what general age are you? (Basically, are you old enough to remember the origional koopa kids on their last game on the SNES?)
Personally, I hate the schmuck. I want the origional koopa kids back. They were much tougher than this prick...who never even fights you directly. He's either shadow mario or in his stupid little ship.
Yeah, what ever happened to the Koopa Kids? I think the last game they appeared in was M&L.
They should have been brought back in New Super Mario Bros. Bowser Jr. doesn't deserve to capture the Princess.

Cornwad

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 26, 2008, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on January 26, 2008, 10:38:00 AM
1.  I'm not a little kid.
2.  Bowser Jr. is much more popular than Geno.
3.  Bowser Jr. has been in many more games than Geno, hence his increased popularity.

However, I would like to see Bowser's first 8 children in another Mario game.  Maybe they could even have all nine children together!
Do you mean popularity or general "Well knowness". More people "know" of Pikachu....but does that make him te most "popular". See what I'm getting at?
So overall we can't tell either.
The only reason B Jr. has been in more games is because Nintendo for some reason thinks he should be in games. I mean seriosuly, they bring EVRYTHING back from Mario 3 and World in Galaxy from the airships to music to the spinning screws but they won't bring back the koopa kids?! C'mon that's just lame.
If "well knowness" can get Pikachu in, than it can get Bowser Jr. in.
Pikachu is the icon of Pokemon. Bowser Jr. isn't the icon of the Mario games.

Nayrman

3.  Bowser Jr. has been in many more games than Geno, hence his increased popularity.

However, I would like to see Bowser's first 8 children in another Mario game.  Maybe they could even have all nine children together!
Do you mean popularity or general "Well knowness". More people "know" of Pikachu....but does that make him te most "popular". See what I'm getting at?
The only reason B Jr. has been in more games is because Nintendo for some reason thinks he should be in games. I mean seriosuly, they bring EVRYTHING back from Mario 3 and World in Galaxy from the airships to music to the spinning screws but they won't bring back the koopa kids?! C'mon that's just lame.
You're also seem to be forgetting that even if the Doc leaves, Mario series still has the most reps (tied) in the game based on Melee numbers. So we may see neither possibly. Although it's basically either Bjr. or Geno...and I'd MUCH rather have Geno. Much more origional, and FAR less annoying

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on January 26, 2008, 10:48:38 AM

Only due to the show...not the game itself. If anything it would be either Charizard or one of the Legendaries... X_X;;

Tupin

Those are the 3D Koopa Kids.

I don't see how there could be 7 fighters unless there's like a tag team...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Apollo

He's THE most popular Mario newcomer; if he's not in, there probably aren't any Mario reps (except maybe Geno, but Bowser Jr. has WAY bigger chances than him)
He's nothing compared to the real koopa kids and frankly Geno has a MUCH better move potential than Bowser Jr. does.
that was the stupidest thing ive heard in a long time
bowser jrs chances are extremely high and geno is a piece of crap.
although even if that was bowser jr, which its not, then dont you think he wouldve had powers a little more suitable for him

Cornwad

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:49:46 AM

Only due to the show...not the game itself. If anything it would be either Charizard or one of the Legendaries... X_X;;
Yeah, but Pikachu has been pretty much the star in the games ever since Yellow version...

Oh, and Tuppy, I was talkig about these ones

Those are just the Mario Party Koopa Kids.

Tupin

Quote from: Cornwad on January 26, 2008, 10:55:04 AM

Yeah, but Pikachu has been pretty much the star in the games ever since Yellow version...

Would they be a tag team or something?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 26, 2008, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Cornwad on January 26, 2008, 10:55:04 AM

Would they be a tag team or something?
They should have been Bowser's FS :D
I just want them to be in the actuall games more than Bowser Jr... they were more original.

Nayrman

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 10:53:26 AM
although even if that was bowser jr, which its not, then dont you think he wouldve had powers a little more suitable for him
Mario RPG was a better game than just about everything Bower Jr. has been in...save for possibly Galaxy.

Apollo

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 10:59:51 AM
Mario RPG was a better game than just about everything Bower Jr. has been in...save for possibly Galaxy.
bowser jr was in a ton of mario party games (doesnt mean much)
but he was also is super mario sunshine (best seller)
new super mario bros (best seller)
super mario galaxy (best seller)
plus more people like him

Cornwad

Quote from: Apollo on January 26, 2008, 11:02:03 AM

But does Sakurai like him more than Geno?
Thats all that really matters.

Nayrman

Can someone tell me what Mario game DOESN"T make the best seller list? Half of Sonic's scharacter's suck and his games still manage to sell well...
The only way we could tell which is more popular it to take a huge poll of tons of places. Although I really should go back on the Nsider forums archive and find FATMANONICE's petition he sent to Sakurai in favor of Geno about a year and a half ago. He had over 2000 signatures on it...so the demand is there for him (since tht was only from three or four internet forums at the time)

Apollo

Quote from: Cornwad on January 26, 2008, 11:03:27 AM

But does Sakurai like him more than Geno?
Thats all that really matters.
i havent asked him, but im sure he likes what will make people happy.

Cornwad

Quote from: Nayrman on January 26, 2008, 11:04:35 AM
Can someone tell me what Mario game DOESN"T make the best seller list? Half of Sonic's scharacter's suck and his games still manage to sell well...
The only way we could tell which is more popular it to take a huge poll of tons of places. Although I really should go back on the Nsider forums archive and find FATMANONICE's petition he sent to Sakurai in favor of Geno about a year and a half ago. He had over 2000 signatures on it...so the demand is there for him (since tht was only from three or four internet forums at the time)
Besides, didn't Sakurai go out of his way to mention Geno in his journal on the preview site?