Quote from: derekgforce on February 14, 2008, 03:29:52 AM
Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on February 14, 2008, 02:30:17 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 02:16:18 AM
Quote from: derekgforce on February 14, 2008, 01:57:44 AM
Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on February 14, 2008, 12:56:34 AM
Quote from: JrDude on February 14, 2008, 12:44:57 AM
Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on February 14, 2008, 12:39:41 AM
Wow I didn't know Peach, Zelda, and Samus had a penis.  :-X
They were added in melee, he meant no newcomers in Brawl.
though ZSS could halfway count to disproove him.

Well yea in the Zero Suit is the only new female character, but i doubt Sakurai is sexiest... but I mean how many other GOOD female characters would fit into the game?

Probably none.  all I could probably think of are toadette, birdo and daisy.  Who wants them?  and if we're going by the booklet to super mario 2, we can't even count Birdo, so we're down to just two.

or should we have Navi, or Tatl.  Romani, tetra, although she's zelda.  there we go, tetra/toon zelda, an opposite of zelda/sheik.  It's stupid, but it's probably the best we have to work with as far as worthy woman go.  How about Koume and Kotake?  Nabooru, Saria, princess Ruto?  Medli? 

The fact is, I think he's exhausted the possibilities for playable woman.  I can sit and think of all kinds of girls in games, but none of them would make any kind of sense as characters, or even AT's.  Sakurai isn't sexist, he just knows what he's doing.  And even if he were sexist, the guy can make one hell of a game that I'm gonna buy no matter how masculine he wants it to seem!

One name: Krystal.

Well then imo there would be too many Star Fox Characters.
I haven't played the starfox games to know anything about her, but that would be a bit of overkill with her.  Actually, I'd say it would be a good idea to get rid of falco or wolf to put her in, but then the lovers of the other two would be in uproar.  It depends on who would be the better character and I'm sure he made the right choice.

Imo Wolf could have been a lot better, move wise.
Actually, she would have made a sweet character because she uses a staff in starfox adventures which would make her a unique moveset plus alot of nerds think she's hot.  I don't think Sakurai's sexist but it probably didn't occur to him that the female representation in the roster was small.  Having 4 starfox characters isn't too much.We have four zelda, and pokeman reps.  You gonna complain about starfox having 4?
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Neerb

Krystal definately deserved to be in.  But I don't think Sakurai's sexist; he just hates us!  ;)
Example: ROB and ICs got in instead of Ray 01, Krystal, Ridley, or Bowser Jr., even though they were all super popular and more deserving.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 14, 2008, 04:34:23 AM
Krystal definately deserved to be in.  But I don't think Sakurai's sexist; he just hates us!  ;)
Example: ROB and ICs got in instead of Ray 01, Krystal, Ridley, or Bowser Jr., even though they were all super popular and more deserving.
Actually Ice Climber games were what Sakurai played during childhood.  That's why they are in smash bros.  I found this on wikipedia.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Neerb

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 14, 2008, 04:45:27 AM
Actually Ice Climber games were what Sakurai played during childhood.  That's why they are in smash bros.  I found this on wikipedia.
Yeah, and it didn't deserve to be in.  Just like the rest of the complaint I made, it apparently doesn't matter what the fans want to be in, or even what honestly deserves to be in.  It's about what Sakurai personally likes.  Also, Sora or Geno definately deserved to be in more than Snake (square enix>konami in terms of how close they are with nintendo).

Shujinco2

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 14, 2008, 04:50:39 AM
Yeah, and it didn't deserve to be in.  Just like the rest of the complaint I made, it apparently doesn't matter what the fans want to be in, or even what honestly deserves to be in.  It's about what Sakurai personally likes.  Also, Sora or Geno definately deserved to be in more than Snake (square enix>konami in terms of how close they are with nintendo).
LOL, Square, from what I've heard, HATES Nintendo. Or at least, that's what I've heard. :-X

DededeCloneChris

Ray 01 is an AT.

Shujinco2

Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 09:39:08 AM
Ray 01 is an AT.
He's been confirmed as an AT for a while hasn't he?

Fell

Quote from: Shujinco on February 14, 2008, 09:48:01 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 09:39:08 AM
Ray 01 is an AT.
He's been confirmed as an AT for a while hasn't he?

Actually it's Ray MK II.

Not 01.

And to the topic, maybe he couldn't find any more women that would be good in brawl. I mean, he said he wanted more females, maybe he couldn't get them.

Spongebob does not approve

blue_slime

Quote from: JrDude on February 14, 2008, 12:44:02 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 12:39:03 AM
Quote from: JrDude on February 14, 2008, 12:37:16 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 12:33:17 AM
I should have mentioned that those 4 are males.
You can't prove that they are.
And Ivy is probably female because it has a flower on it's back ;P
Let me check if they have girl features. *Checks* NOT A SINGLE ONE.
No pokémon have a male nor a female feature.
do you see a penis on them? No? then your proof is failed

Most pokemon have slightly different looks between males and females.  Go play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and see.

Skye8600

He could of always added midna. She would be unique and have a good fs

Nintenfrk

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 14, 2008, 04:50:39 AM
But Snake's creator begged Sakurai for Snake to be in Melee but it was too late. So, to be kind, Sakurai decided to put Snake in Brawl. Also Sakurai loved the ice climbers, they were his favorite video game character so why wouldn't he put them in Melee?

Quote from: Shujinco on February 14, 2008, 05:48:39 AM
LOL, Square, from what I've heard, HATES Nintendo. Or at least, that's what I've heard. :-X
Actually, Square got its start on the NES. The only reason the heavy-hitting Final Fantasies have been on Sony's consoles is because, when the N64 was made, Sqaure believed that final Fantasy XII wouldn't work on a cartridge based system, so they teamed up with Sony. When the Gamecube came, Square saw that Nintendo's newest disk based console would be able to handle their ideas, but they had signed a contract with Sony which forbade them from making final fantasy games on other consoles.

Back on topic, I don't think Sakurai is sexist. It's just he believes there wasn't anymore great choices and that there just wasn't anymore room for more characters (I mean come on, there's like 7.5 GB of data on that one disk)
The man in black fled across the desert...and the gunslinger followed.

Lotos

Quote from: JrDude on February 14, 2008, 12:44:02 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 12:39:03 AM
Quote from: JrDude on February 14, 2008, 12:37:16 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 12:33:17 AM
I should have mentioned that those 4 are males.
You can't prove that they are.
And Ivy is probably female because it has a flower on it's back ;P
Let me check if they have girl features. *Checks* NOT A SINGLE ONE.
No pokémon have a male nor a female feature.
do you see a penis on them? No? then your proof is failed

You haven't played Pokémon Diamond or Pearl, have you?

I don't think he's sexist, even though Krystal would have been a better choice than the "other rep".

HTA!

JrDude

@Lotos + Blue_Slime

I own Pearl. But not all the Pokémon have different looks when it comes to gender.
Out of the ones in Brawl, only Pikachu has that different look when it comes to gender differences. So Brawl Pikachu is male.

Lucario and PT's PKMN don't have gender differences, so we can't say whether they are male nor female

@Chris
That was in the movie, and I'm not sure if he talks in the game, but some females have masculine voices too.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Allegretto

He's not sexist...he just probably dosent care at all which characters we want in, he puts in the ones he wants and we cant really do anything about it now  ;) Krystal should have been in it tho..