News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Character/FS Complaints *Character Spoilers*

Started by SkyMyl, February 18, 2008, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do Certain Final Smashes Fail?

Yes, and I will name some
8 (24.2%)
No, and I will name some
1 (3%)
Yes
13 (39.4%)
No
5 (15.2%)
Maybe
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

SkyMyl

Now that we're FOUR days away from Brawl in the US (UK users are welcome!), this thread really doesn't have a purpose to exist. But, why not keep it here? It's fun to poke fun at terrible FSes (I AM POINTING AT YOU, DK!!!) from time to time.

This thread exists to serve one purpose. Discuss Final Smashes that fail or not. Certain Final Smashes appear to be unfair. Why? We'll use an example (Don't worry, the following example shows characters that HAVE BEEN REVEALED).

Also, this thread is NOT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT VOICES! JUST OTHER ISSUES (Not SSE) ABOUT THE GAME THAT DON'T INCLUDE VOICES!!!

Peach: Puts every player to sleep for a good period of time, and creates a lot of Peaches, which she can eat to restore her health (This is bad on a scrolling stage, and can also change things to Peach's Favor!

Link: Dashes toward the nearest player and slashes them numerous times while they are trapped between two Triforces, then deals the Finishing Blow (Which appears to ALMOST always kill the attacked)

See my point? The Final Smashes are NOT evened out properly. Now, be warned, FOR THIS THREAD CONTAINS CHARACTER SPOILERS ON WHO IS IN THE GAME, SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO IS IN!!!!

(Also, http://youtube.com/watch?v=2HU_AJbx10Q shows ALL the Final Smashes of EACH AND EVERY character. It's a bit long ((About Eight Minutes)), so use this as a reference)
If you want to submit what a FS or Moveset should be or which character should be in, PM me with specific details. SPECIFIC DETAILS and REASONS WHY. Thank you.

Now, the first one is something my Brother suggested I should post. He says that Captain Falcon's Final Smash is a bit weak. He pulls out his Racing Vechicle and crashes into a player. He says that he should've crashed into the player, and done this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw
Don't Falcon Punch me. Not a complaint, but it's something I wanted to show.

Now, Wolf. Fox has TWO Clone Characters in this game instead of one (Falco). There are two issues with this. 1)Sakurai said that there would be no clone characters. 2)See below.

Wolf and Falco are the same as Fox, but with tweaks here and there. The big question is, Why put Wolf in this game!? You have Falco, shouldn't that be enough? Falco should have a COMPLETELY different moveset from Fox and Wolf. But if you HAD to have Wolf in this game, change the Final Smashes a bit.

Wolf's Final Smash: He hops into a Red and Dark Grey Landmaster. Virtually the SAME as Fox.

Falco's Final Smash: See above.

Wolf's Final Smash should be DIFFERENT from Fox's. Wolf doesn't even HAVE a Landmaster. So, his improved Final Smash is below. MY STYLE.

Wolf's Final Smash (MYL Style): He hops into his Wolfen and a targeting square appears (Similar to the Dragoon item.). In this phase, you have 6 seconds to Shoot Lasers (A Button) and Bomb (B Button. And he has THREE bombs only. No refills.) everyone on screen. When the six seconds are up, wherever the Targeting Square is on the screen, Wolf should CRASH on that spot, killing anyone in that spot, and damaging anyone a few feet away from it.

Now, Falco's Final Smash should be the Landmaster. Why? Because Fox's Final Smash is actually this one:

Fox's Final Smash (MYL Style, but my brother came up with the idea): He should contact Team Star Fox (Peppy, Slippy, and Krystal) and have them fly into the stage on a Bombing Run (3 Times), and after that, the strafe across the screen and shoot a HUGE Bomb in the Middle of the Stage, which is 3 times more powerful than the other Bombs. (During this timeframe, Fox brings up his Reflector)

See how Fox's Final Smash and Wolf's Final Smash should've been? Sakurai missed an AWESOME opportunity to create these FS's. The next Two posts are exra space, just for future complaints/FS's

Captain Falcon has been revealed by Sakurai. Now, Ganondorf is also in this game (We all knew it!) too...but there's an issue. The issue is that, HE IS STILL A CLONE OF CAPTAIN FALCON!!! He's based off of the Twilight Princess Ganondorf...and STILL uses clone abilities. They had to chance for him to use his sword, which is available in his taunt, and screwed it up by blowing the sword off. So he's still a clone! The FS, however, is different in every way.

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS NOT TO COMPLAIN! Don't post "ROY DIDN"TMAKEITIN!" or "YOU PHAIL" and especially "TOM NOOK ISN"T IN!" Don't complain about characters who didn't make it. Just discuss the Final Smashes and what they SHOULD have been.

Note 2: Don't say, "Wofl is actually not cl0ne, bubt m0evs have been changed," because Wolf's moves are just twists on Fox's moves. The Side Move goes diagonally (Spelled wrong) instead of horizontally. But that doesn't change the fact that he's still a clone. His moves have twists, certain moves are different, but he's still a clone.

SkyMyl

This post shows all the Final Smash suggestions I post, my Brothers thought of, or just what catches my eye (For some reason). Nothing as of yet.

SkyMyl

Tuppyluver1:

Toon Link's FS should've been Ballad of Gales. He uses his Windwaker and a cyclone is called in. It roams around the stage, sucking up people and causing damage. (MYL's Suggestion: How about you add in, and then when it ends, all of the players trapped in it are shot out diagonally? It would be cooler! Insta-kill!)

Triforce_Luigi:

Falco: Arwing: Falco jumps into his arwing. It would work like MYL's idea for Wolf. You get a targeting reticle and fire lasers and bombs. I think this fits Falco better than Wolf or Fox because he is the Ace Pilot of Starfox.

Wolf: Star Wolf Barrage: Wolf calls Team Star Wolf down and he, Leon, and Panther board their Arwings. Leon and Panther fly around randomly and blast, but you control Wolf in his Wolfen. You have control for ten seconds. (YOU FLIPPED MY BROTHER AND MY IDEA AROUND! Nice touch!)

Toon Link: Ballad of Gales: Toon Link ravages the field with cyclones. They last 6 seconds and suck the opponent im. At the end, opponents are launched in a random direction. (Not T_L's idea)

Ness: PK Jammin: Ness fires a storm of PK Flashes of all colors around the stage for 6 seconds.

Darklink140

Here's how I would have liked his FS to work:

A BETTER FS for Meta-Knight-   As he grabs the smash ball, the arena gets darker.  It keeps getting darker and darker until you can hardly see anything.  Then, when the smash ball is activated, a cinematic FS would start where MK would disappear in the darkness and move on from one opponent to the next slashing them several times with his sword which causes moderate damage to each. (Damage would actually vary by how much damage opponent has taken before FS was activated.)  If it was a 1 vs. 1 match, then the damage would increase t cause immense damage which would probably result in a 1-hit KO.

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Tupin

They needed better FSs.

Also, [spoiler]Toon Link[/spoiler] should have used the Ballad of Gales as his FS.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 18, 2008, 02:47:24 PM
They needed better FSs.

Also, [spoiler]Toon Link[/spoiler] should have used the Ballad of Gales as his FS.
Be a BIT more descriptive please. How should he have Ballad of Gales as his FS (I think that the Triforce Slash is fine, only because Young LInk is my regular.)?

Tupin

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on February 18, 2008, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 18, 2008, 02:47:24 PM
They needed better FSs.

Be a BIT more descriptive please. How should he have Ballad of Gales as his FS (I think that the Triforce Slash is fine, only because Young LInk is my regular.)?
He uses his Windwaker and a cyclone is called in. It roams around the stage, sucking up people and causing damage.

tollhouse2006

Okay, Wolf is not a clone!!!  Also give Sakurai a break.  Everybody in Starfox uses guns, landmasters, and pilots a ship.  Also Falco is barely a clone of Fox.  He has a different reflector, side smash, side special, down a move.  That's alot different than Fox.  The only thing Wolf has in common is his Final smash.  I do agree Young Link should have had Ballad of Gales for his final as well as this moveset

B: Fire Arrows
Up B: Link's spin
Down B: Bombs
Side B: Boomerang
Side Smash: Jumping strike
Up Smash: Simple stab
Down smash:  Skull Hammer
Grab: Grappling Hook  (Used for tether recovery)
Final Smash:  Ballad of Gales
Up Taunt:  Windwaker changes time of day.
Side Taunt:  Causes wind to increase in strength.
Only price is that only one taunt's affect works in a match.    
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

SkyMyl

1: Yay to the FS of Toon Link!

2: Thanks for the Compliment, Oren.

3: Okay! I'm just saying that Falco is, essentially a clone of Fox! Wolf is the same. They have the same moveset with different effects, and there is ONE thing about your third statement. "EVERYBODY in Starfox uses guns, landmasters, and pilots of ship." THIS ISN'T TRUE! Star Wolf does NOT use Landmasters!

*Signs off*

tollhouse2006

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on February 18, 2008, 03:17:30 PM
1: Yay to the FS of Toon Link!

2: Thanks for the Compliment, Oren.

3: Okay! I'm just saying that Falco is, essentially a clone of Fox! Wolf is the same. They have the same moveset with different effects, and there is ONE thing about your third statement. "EVERYBODY in Starfox uses guns, landmasters, and pilots of ship." THIS ISN'T TRUE! Star Wolf does NOT use Landmasters!

*Signs off*
I forgot about that part.  Well, if Sakurai made his appearence his wolfen than what could his final smash have been.  I thought of two machine guns in his hands but I don't have any other ideas.

CuccoGuy

Wolf is not a clone. His only similarities are his B moves and FS. What the heck is Wolf even doing with a Landmaster?

SkyMyl

Quote from: CuccoGuy on February 18, 2008, 03:55:35 PM
Wolf is not a clone. His only similarities are his B moves and FS. What the heck is Wolf even doing with a Landmaster?
Really? (Didn't know that, to be honest.) Wolf probably stole it from Star Fox one time.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on February 18, 2008, 04:22:50 PM
Quote from: CuccoGuy on February 18, 2008, 03:55:35 PM
Really? (Didn't know that, to be honest.) Wolf probably stole it from Star Fox one time.
Yeah, and painted it red.  Not all of his B moves are similar.  His up B doesn't invlove fire and his gun is much different.