Started by Triforceman22, February 23, 2008, 08:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Quote from: tibar7 on February 23, 2008, 10:21:54 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 23, 2008, 10:13:32 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 23, 2008, 10:00:01 PM
be positive:

you can play online

I won't though, for the most part.  it's more fun to play with my brother in stock matches than with 3 other random people who may kick my ass completely or be destroyed by me, because since there is no ranking system whatsoever, there is no way to consistently play people at your skill level.  see how that screwed it over?  Online shouldn't be a selling point for this game.  it's a worthless feature in the way that they put it in the game.

it has a great roster

no it doesn't.  List of characters I'd prefer not to be in:
Wario (OMGLOL HE FARTS :|)
Lucario (Mewtwo was more badass, and was already being put in the game if they hadn't taken him out)
Olimar (just don't like the series that much)
Also, Fox Falco & Wolf all share the same final smash, and fox & falco are basically the same character (wolf is completely different though, but he still shouldn't have been put in the game over others)
Toon Link has nearly identical moves to Link, share identical final smashes.
Lucas & Ness are basically the same, and share final smashes.  However, they're both worthless and incredibly easy to dodge.
Ganondorf is still the same character as captain falcon, which didn't make any sense whatsoever in the first place.
Mario got the worthless FLUDD instead of his previously awesome down & B, while Luigi stayed the same.
no nana & popo switching.
ROB.  need I say more?

Also, a lack of another metroid representative where one was deserved.
Also, they could have put in black shadow and given him ganondorf's moveset, freeing up ganondorf for a moveset that actually MAKES SENSE.
Also, Fire Emblem got the shaft as well.
Also, lack of a further third party representative where they could have easily put one.

the stages are great

yep, but no N64 stages, and Corneria is frickin tiny now. :|

not to mention stage builder

and only four (or was it three?) unlockable pieces that really aren't that great, along with there being crappy backgrounds & the piece sets being uninventive.

u can play co-op in the SSE

fixed.

there's like 380 trophies, not to mention stickers

which is part of my argument for why they were so lazy.  why put so much effort into those things when you could put it into, let's say, bonuses, a part of the previous game that I adored.

the music is awesome

yes, but no importing of music, something that would have been ridiculously easy to implement.

it still has classic and all-star

thankfully, but to be expected.

it'll outsell halo cuz it's so freakin' good!

outsell =/= better game.

Also, are you making bets on that?

Yeah, it'll outsell Halo

no, it won't outsell halo 3.
you just basically slapped everyone that helped made brawl in the face with those harsh complaints. i disagree with you completely.

then give me some counter-arguments to prove me wrong.

they deserve a slap in the face.  they were lazy while making this game, and it really, really shows.  If one can't see that, they're a complete sheep.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

Tibar, they made some bad choices in terms of characters and stages.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 23, 2008, 10:24:19 PM
stage are fine...only a minor complaint here and there (Elektroplankton I don't get, and frankly some N64 would be nice,  but not necessary).
Roster is a failure in many regards, and lack of spread of representation is horrible.
It soars in mutliplayer fun, and a good 1 player, but online fails miserably in many areas...compared to Xbox and PS3. comapred to Nintendo, its a godsend.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on February 23, 2008, 10:26:47 PM
stage are fine...only a minor complaint here and there (Elektroplankton I don't get, and frankly some N64 would be nice,  but not necessary).
Roster is a failure in many regards, and lack of spread of representation is horrible.
It soars in mutliplayer fun, and a good 1 player, but online fails miserably in many areas...compared to Xbox and PS3. comapred to Nintendo, its a godsend.
Still, Kirby deserves 3 reps.

Jono2

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 23, 2008, 10:29:21 PM

no, it deserves 4, the fourth being

GOOEYYYYYYY

Nayrman

no complaints there, but still, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Metroid, and other unrepresented franchises got the shaft badly. How are ROB and Toon Link worthy yet Ray Mk1, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, and Sigurd NOT!?

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on February 23, 2008, 10:31:24 PM
no complaints there, but still, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Metroid, and other unrepresented franchises got the shaft badly. How are ROB and Toon Link worthy yet Ray Mk1, Isaac, Samurai Goroh, and Sigurd NOT!?
Toon Link would have been awesome if he weren't a clone.

And at least Animal Crossing got every type of rep EXCEPT a character. :P

Joeofmars

Jono, it's amazing how you can knock all of those characters, yet you have not played the game. The clones, I can see where you are coming from. You think great, original characters like Olimar, Wario, and and Lucario shoulodn't be in for the absolutely, most dumb-ass reasons ever. Just because you didn't like Pikmin, doesn't mean it shouldn't be represented in Brawl. Just because Wario has a fart move, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. Just because Lucario replaced MewTwo, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. MewTwo sucked ass, anyway. You say you wont use online much, then stop intercourse ing complaining about it.

Wow... why do I hang out on these forums.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 23, 2008, 10:32:48 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 23, 2008, 10:31:24 PM
Toon Link would have been awesome if he weren't a clone.

And at least Animal Crossing got every type of rep EXCEPT a character. :P
Still general failure for the roster...
I'm still going to love this game to death still, but however i can't get hte feeling this game won't live up to what it could've been (and Sakurai, you can't tell me NO ONE was interested in having another third party in the game....I'm sure capcom or Namco were at least askin)

Nayrman

Quote from: Joeofmars on February 23, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
Jono, it's amazing how you can knock all of those characters, yet you have not played the game. The clones, I can see where you are coming from. You think great, original characters like Olimar, Wario, and and Lucario shoulodn't be in for the absolutely, most dumb-ass reasons ever. Just because you didn't like Pikmin, doesn't mean it shouldn't be represented in Brawl. Just because Wario has a fart move, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. Just because Lucario replaced MewTwo, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. MewTwo sucked ass, anyway. You say you wont use online much, then stop f***ing complaining about it.

Most origional characters I can stand...besides ROB. He's utterly worthless.
Not to mention all the clone characters from before are still clones, thus = laziness.
Seriously, it's not that hard to give Ganondorf a new moveset X_X;;

Jono2

Quote from: Joeofmars on February 23, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
Jono, it's amazing how you can knock all of those characters, yet you have not played the game. The clones, I can see where you are coming from. You think great, original characters like Olimar, Wario, and and Lucario shoulodn't be in for the absolutely, most dumb-ass reasons ever. Just because you didn't like Pikmin, doesn't mean it shouldn't be represented in Brawl. Just because Wario has a fart move, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. Just because Lucario replaced MewTwo, doesn't mean he shouldn't be in Brawl. MewTwo sucked ass, anyway. You say you wont use online much, then stop intercourse ing complaining about it.

I didn't say they shouldn't be in, I said that I didn't like the game for that.  how did it translate into that for you?  I have no problem with Wario being in, as long as they don't make him his warioware self.  I just don't see why potty humor is funny.  I got over that when I was 8.  I have no problem with Lucario, but Mewtwo should have been in first.  doesn't make sense to replace a character that everyone loved with a different one when you can just put both of them in, as they could have easily done.  Who cares that mewtwo sucked ass?  He was still awesome. :|

tibar7

Quote from: Jono2 on February 23, 2008, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: tibar7 on February 23, 2008, 10:21:54 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 23, 2008, 10:13:32 PM
be positive:

you can play online

I won't though, for the most part.  it's more fun to play with my brother in stock matches than with 3 other random people who may kick my ass completely or be destroyed by me, because since there is no ranking system whatsoever, there is no way to consistently play people at your skill level.  see how that screwed it over?  Online shouldn't be a selling point for this game.  it's a worthless feature in the way that they put it in the game.

it has a great roster

no it doesn't.  List of characters I'd prefer not to be in:
Wario (OMGLOL HE FARTS :|)
Lucario (Mewtwo was more badass, and was already being put in the game if they hadn't taken him out)
Olimar (just don't like the series that much)
Also, Fox Falco & Wolf all share the same final smash, and fox & falco are basically the same character (wolf is completely different though, but he still shouldn't have been put in the game over others)
Toon Link has nearly identical moves to Link, share identical final smashes.
Lucas & Ness are basically the same, and share final smashes.  However, they're both worthless and incredibly easy to dodge.
Ganondorf is still the same character as captain falcon, which didn't make any sense whatsoever in the first place.
Mario got the worthless FLUDD instead of his previously awesome down & B, while Luigi stayed the same.
no nana & popo switching.
ROB.  need I say more?

Also, a lack of another metroid representative where one was deserved.
Also, they could have put in black shadow and given him ganondorf's moveset, freeing up ganondorf for a moveset that actually MAKES SENSE.
Also, Fire Emblem got the shaft as well.
Also, lack of a further third party representative where they could have easily put one.

the stages are great

yep, but no N64 stages, and Corneria is frickin tiny now. :|

not to mention stage builder

and only four (or was it three?) unlockable pieces that really aren't that great, along with there being crappy backgrounds & the piece sets being uninventive.

u can play co-op in the SSE

fixed.

there's like 380 trophies, not to mention stickers

which is part of my argument for why they were so lazy.  why put so much effort into those things when you could put it into, let's say, bonuses, a part of the previous game that I adored.

the music is awesome

yes, but no importing of music, something that would have been ridiculously easy to implement.

it still has classic and all-star

thankfully, but to be expected.

it'll outsell halo cuz it's so freakin' good!

outsell =/= better game.

Also, are you making bets on that?

Yeah, it'll outsell Halo

no, it won't outsell halo 3.
you just basically slapped everyone that helped made brawl in the face with those harsh complaints. i disagree with you completely.

then give me some counter-arguments to prove me wrong.

they deserve a slap in the face.  they were lazy while making this game, and it really, really shows.  If one can't see that, they're a complete sheep.
roster:
highly requested:
wario, lucario, olimar, wolf, toon link, lucas.

don't diss falco, he got some new moves if u bothered to look closely at him on the dojo.
ganondorf is a great character. he also has some new moves.
ROB= the WTF character of brawl. like Mr. G & W in melee. It's a tradition to have a WTF character.
the ice climbers are important
Samus really is the only main character in metroid. not really ridley.
Fire emblem got Ike. although i wish roy and lyn made it.
third parties is not what the game is about. it's about nintendo characters.
just cuz they didn't return any ancient stages and made one past stage a little smaller doesn't mean that it ruined stages. stage builder is just awesome! u wouldn't believe what kind of stages u can make with it. i saw a labrinth thing on youtube.

co-op is a nice thing they did to make the experience better for two siblings wanting to play at the same time to unlock characters.

trophies are so fun to collect. they help you understand the history of nintendo. stickers looks like a fun little feature.

to import CD's would take away the point of making music for the game at all.

classic and all-star will be fun little things to do when u get bored of the SSE (that'll take a while)

it'll outsell halo3. trust me. and if you think they have been horrible at making the game then why don't you help them instead of sitting at your computer complaing about everything in the game.

The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Nayrman

Quote from: tibar7 on February 23, 2008, 10:43:35 PM

roster:
highly requested:
wario, lucario, olimar, wolf, toon link, lucas.

don't diss falco, he got some new moves if u bothered to look closely at him on the dojo.
ganondorf is a great character. he also has some new moves.
ROB= the WTF character of brawl. like Mr. G & W in melee. It's a tradition to have a WTF character.
the ice climbers are important
Samus really is the only main character in metroid. not really ridley.
Fire emblem got Ike. although i wish roy and lyn made it.
third parties is not what the game is about. it's about nintendo characters.
just cuz they didn't return any ancient stages and made one past stage a little smaller doesn't mean that it ruined stages. stage builder is just awesome! u wouldn't believe what kind of stages u can make with it. i saw a labrinth thing on youtube.

co-op is a nice thing they did to make the experience better for two siblings wanting to play at the same time to unlock characters.

trophies are so fun to collect. they help you understand the history of nintendo. stickers looks like a fun little feature.

to import CD's would take away the point of making music for the game at all.

classic and all-star will be fun little things to do when u get bored of the SSE (that'll take a while)

it'll outsell halo3. trust me. and if you think they have been horrible at making the game then why don't you help them instead of sitting at your computer complaing about everything in the game.

Dorf is still a clone, which that alone is absurd. sure, some moves are different, but for gods sake is his sword too much to ask for? Not to mention all previous clone characters are still clones. Stages are fine, and stage editor rules. No complaints there. (alhtough I do want my Saffron, I'm fine without it). Co-op is fine, even though I won't be using it much. Torhpies and stickers were a complete waste of time. Trohpies are nice, but for christ's sake we don't need over 600 of them... I'd rather have more characters for taking up that disc space, thanks. Stickers are really pointless...since Brawl is a fighting game, not some lame-o RPG that needs that sort of thing.
They put the CD/music feature in Excite Truck....is it too much to ask for? Seriously, it's not too much to ask for X_X;;
SSE is really short, but at least we got a story mode X_X;;
Classic and All-Star are just to get trohpies and coins at this point.
I would make a better game, but I'm not in college yet and god knows if Nintendo will ever listen to what american's want...

Triforceman22

mkay.

You guys need to stop b*tching about all the tiny flaws this game has.
The reason online is...sub-par, is so it could fit in 1 disc.

there are 630 trophies I believe, and probably more stickers..
The stages i'm okay with.

Who cares if stage builder doesn't have that much customization, be happy you even got it in the first place.

The roster.
I don't hate clones...(coughcoughRoy) but you are right, some characters could have been decloned easily.
hey, at least it's better than melee's 25 characters... (Even though Roy isn't in...)
also more reps like Ridley, and such should have been in...
but then again, who else would have made a great metroid boss in SSE?

ah, SSE.
Who cares if it's 4-6 hours long.
It's better than the melee adventure mode....
doing the same crap over and over again, but only with a diffrent character.

and it has Co-op! so you can have an even more fun time with your friends.
and the cutscenes look like it was made for the bloody 360! (Especially the galactic battle one)

the reason there are only 2 third party reps, is because no other company asked for thier character to be in.

the music is godly. I mean, 300 songs? Please Don't b*tch about it.

Overall: your all being a little childish about it.
Sakurai and his team have been working for years on this and when it's finally out, you start bashing it.
would you like it if someone called your work crappy and called you lazy?

I didn't think so.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Uh...triforce, the laziness is true tho....
still clones, something Sakurai didn't want in thefirst place. And he can't complain about development time now, since he got well over twice as much time as Melee, characcter models HANDED to him (thus, no work), delayed twice when overall probably nothing was done, etc.
The laziness is there, but other than cahracters not much to really complain about