News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Super awesome nsf ladder (that I didn't get the idea of from ns2)

Started by Dawei, March 24, 2008, 04:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawei

Basically, nsf needs a rankings ladder (since the people at Nintendo are wee-wee heads and didn't make leaderboards for brawl). Obviously, the point of the ladder is to work your way to the top, proving you are the best (with a good connection/online at all) on nsf. As of now, there will only be a single's division, but I HIGHLY urge you guys to start making doubles teams, because I love double's, and I would love to have a bracket.
The rules for the ranked matches are as follows:

1) Best of 3
2) Any characters
3) Any neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (though if someone can convince me that counter pick stages should be available, I will add those to the list, in the form of slob picks)
4) You may switch characters at any time
5) Matches must be 3 stock, no items, optional 7 minute time limit.
6) Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit. (If exceeds 7 minute time limit)
7) Dave's stupid rule: A stage can not be picked more than once in a set.
8 ) For team matches, friendly fire is ON. No exceptions. Since I trust you guys even less in this case, replays would be very helpful, to prevent cheating.

For ranking rules;

1) You can challenge the player up to 3 spots above you. Therefore, unranked players can only battle 12, 13, and 14.
2)A good amount of activity is required on the forums. You can't go ignoring requests, just to keep your rank.
4) If the lower ranked player wins, they take your rank and you move down the list, knocking off number 14 (if people think the people should merely switch ranks, instead of knocking other people off, please tell me. I might do that for matches other than unranked vs 12,13,14, if that makes sense)
5) If the higher ranked player wins, ranks stay the same and the higher ranked player is not obligated to take challenges until he/she plays or after a day
6) Only one challenge per division per day.
7) No lying about results (If you loss your rank, just accept it)

You can post or pm the results of the match. Also, if I find the breaking of the rules, and then lying about breaking them "lol no moar raynking 4 u"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

El single-o divisiono

[REALLY AWESOME RANKINGS PICTURE]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/REALLY AWESOME RANKINGS PICTURE]

(lame, but still rankings)
1.Dawei
2.Playat
3.La_Pared
4.Hector_The_Axe
5.Triforce_Luigi
6.Geno
7.MarthXero
8.Sabby
9.SSBBrawlin
10.DarkLink140
11.Depster
12.Wiiboychris
13.JoeofMars
14.Java_Java

-------------------------
wurkin 2gethr division (teams)
Closed until team support

------------------------------

Finally, because I don't want to sound like a completely arrogant prick, I'd like suggestions for placement of people. After at least the top 5 are chosen, people can start nominating themselves. It hardly matters, because they will be put into place eventually.

EDIT FROM THE LOCAL: Of course, this could easily be merged with the wifi thread. If this becomes too chatty, or anything of the sort, you can bet that rather than locking, it will be merged. This is a warning. Spam will be deleted, constant spam will likely lead to a ban. Anything else I need to say? Not now, but you know where to reach me! ~MoM~

HTA!

Sweet, I'll join.
Although, I had this idea weeks ago and Mack was being all Nazi n' stuff.

Tahrann

Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

HTA!

Quote from: Tahrann on March 24, 2008, 04:22:04 PM
I guess I will join. But we all know that Star will win D:
Star?
Pft...Hardly...=)

Maybe if we played at Mario Bros Classic....lol

CuccoGuy

I'll join. I've been wanting something like this for a while. :)

DededeCloneChris

Dawei

HTA, don't worry. If mack is still completely against it, I'll make sure to convince him otherwise.

Also, join? olol u gaiz dnt du no joynin yet (unless you guys want to "join together for teams"). Right now I want recommendations on people's ranks. I will count Tahrann's comment on Star as a suggestion for number 1 for him though. Once the top 5 are chosen, people will be able to start challenging and getting ranking up and stuff.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Dawei on March 24, 2008, 04:25:57 PM
HTA, don't worry. If mack is still completely against it, I'll make sure to convince him otherwise.

Also, join? olol u gaiz dnt du no joynin yet (unless you guys want to "join together for teams"). Right now I want recommendations on people's ranks. I will count Tahrann's comment on Star as a suggestion for number 1 for him though. Once the top 5 are chosen, people will be able to start challenging and getting ranking up and stuff.
So you want titles for ranks?

HTA!

He'll be fine with it... or else....

Dawei
Star
Playat
And myself would all be good nominations for the top 5.

In my opinion.

(I know its only 4)

Dawei

Quote from: wiiboychris on March 24, 2008, 04:28:27 PM
Quote from: Dawei on March 24, 2008, 04:25:57 PM

So you want titles for ranks?
No, I want recommendations on what order people should be (in order, too). HTA's post above mine is a perfect example.

Tahrann

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 24, 2008, 04:29:12 PM
He'll be fine with it... or else....

Dawei
Star
Playat
And myself would all be good nominations for the top 5.

In my opinion.

(I know its only 4)

On second thought, that would prolly be my list.

Though I havent played Playat, you, or Dawei.

HTA!

Dawei

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 24, 2008, 04:45:07 PM
Thoseweren't in order, BTW.
Just a list.
Oh. Well, order would be appreciated. Unless you guys wanting me to do it in my opinion, which I doubt :P.

Tahrann

Quote from: Dawei on March 24, 2008, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on March 24, 2008, 04:45:07 PM
Thoseweren't in order, BTW.
Just a list.
Oh. Well, order would be appreciated. Unless you guys wanting me to do it in my opinion, which I doubt :P.

List by Dawei:

1. Dawei

2. Dawei

3. Dawei

4. Star

5. Playat

6. Hector

ect...

La Pared

sounds cool. I will participate in this when you guys pick your top 5.

www.Revolutionists.co.nr