News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Smash Brother's Brawl Tournament! (La Pared is Champion)

Started by evilflame101, April 03, 2008, 10:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilflame101

Note: La Pared has won the tournament! You will be PMed about your prizes soon.

Welcome to the SSBB Tournament! This tournament will be a 16 man tournament starting as early as tomorrow, 4-11-08, morning, and ending Midnight pacific time, 4-12-08. The rules are as follows.

Information:

-Brackets to be posted!
-Verification thread to be posted!
-Must post your verification by 8PM Pacific time, 4-12-08

-Time which brackets must be completed by:
Round 1: 9:00Pm Pacific Time 4-12-08
Round 2: 10:00Pm Pacific Time 4-12-08
Round 3: 11:00pm Pacific Time 4-12-08
Finals: Midnight Pacific Time 4-12-08

-When the brackets and verification thread are both posted, you are welcome to begin your matches as soon as you verify, giving you quite a while to finish your matches. When you finish your match, post here, and I will update the brackets accordingly, you do not have to wait for everyone, if your next round opponent has finished their match, you can start your match with them at anytime, as long as it is completed before the final time posted above.

-PRIZE: A special surprise from Mackormoses, and a customs sig, with your name, and a brawl character of your choice.

Rules:

-How the tourney will work-

-The day of the tournament I will post a link here to a sign in thread. In this thread you will post your name, friend code, and a way to contact you (IE: email, IM screenname, ext.) this confirms you for the competition. If you do not post in this thread by the time stated above then you will be disqualified, and your matches will count as a loss, meaning your opponent will move on.

-Use what ever is necessary to contact your opponent, such as AIM, PM's, other instant messaging,  or chatrooms. Brackets will be posted on Friday 4-11-08, in the second post of this thread.  Above the brackets will be the link to the confirmation thread.

- You will have 1 Hour to complete each matchup, the exact time will be posted above. Please have the loser report the match by posting the result in this thread, this post should include so&so Vs so&so, winner=Whoever. If you have any disputes or questions please pm me or post here. My AIM is icefire128, and i will be available there most of the time. If you can not get a hold of your opponent, please save any attempts to do so, and the win will be given to you, such as an IM he didnt respond to, or a PM.

-Basic ruleset-

1v1
No Spectators allowed
Best 2 out of 3 matches (first to win two matches wins)
3 Stock
No time limit
Items off (includes Smash Balls)
Character Selection is double-blind (meaning neither player sees who the other picks)

-Stage Selection-

In each game both characters will pick the stage they wish to play, and allow the game to decide for them. (as done with standard online stage selection) Stage legality up to code of the smashboard backrooms.

-Legal Stages-

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet
Battleship Halberd
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Castle Seige
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Onett

-Banned Stages-
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong 75m
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wario Ware
The Summit
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Big Blue
Jungle Japes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-West Region-

1) Evilflame101
2) Linkfan71
3) La Pared
4) Someguy13
5) Allegretto
6) Marth Xero
7) Yinya~kun
8 ) JadedLink
9) Jenag
10) Mackormoses
11) Sabby
12) Triforce_Luigi
13) dynomite
14) Hector_the_Axe
15) NO ENTRY
16) NO ENTRY

Backups:

-How the backups will work is, you will be PM'ed if you are needed. If someone does not verify that they are going to be in the competition by the time posted above, and are disqualified, then you will fill in for them. If you do not respond to the PM, or post here, saying you will fill in by the time the round is over, the remaining contestant will move on to the next round, and it will count as their win. If both people in one bracket are disqualified, then we will replace them with the next backups on this list, if they dont reply, then we will pm the following people on the list, and the first to reply will automatically move on.

1) NO ENTRY

-GOOD LUCK, Check the brackets, sign in, and you may now start your matches, matches must be completed by tomorrow at times posted above!

evilflame101

SIGN IN HERE- Please post your name, FC, and a way you can be contacted, such as IM, Email, Ext. Once you post it, find your match up, and begin contacting each other for you matches, please have the match loser post their loss here. If you do not post your sign-in the time posted above then you will be disqualified. GOOD LUCK!

You can post see floated thread if you have your FC posted there, it refers to here- http://nsf.projectfcd.com/index.php?topic=17971.0

Tournament Contestants:

1) Evilflame101-SIGNED IN
2) Linkfan71-SIGNED INDQ'ed
3) La Pared-SIGNED IN
4) Someguy13-SIGNED INDQ'ed
5) Allegretto-DQ'ed
6) Marth Xero-SIGNED IN
7) Yinya~kun-SIGNED IN
8 ) JadedLink-SIGNED INDropped out
9) Jenag-DQ'ed
10) Mackormoses-SIGNED INDropped out
11) Sabby-SIGNED IN
12) Triforce_Luigi-SIGNED IN
13) dynomite-SIGNED IN
14) Hector_the_Axe-SIGNED INDropped out
15) NO ENTRY
16) NO ENTRY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-BRACKETS-

Round One:

Bracket 1-Evilflame101 Vs Someguy13
Winner:Someguy13

Bracket 2-Linkfan71 Vs JadedLink

Winner:Linkfan71, via drop out.

Bracket 3-La Pared Vs Marth Xero

Winner:La Pared

Bracket 4-Allegretto Vs Yinya~kun
Winner:Yinya~kun By default

Bracket 5-Jenag Vs Mackormoses

Winner:Mackormoses By default

Bracket 6-Sabby Vs Triforce_Luigi

Winner:Sabby

Bracket 7-dynomite Vs Hector_the_Axe

Winner:dynomite, via drop out

Round 2:

Round 2, Bracket 1-(Someguy13) Vs ((Linkfan71)
Winner:DQ'ed

Round 2, Bracket 2-(La Pared) Vs (Yinya~kun)
Winner:La Pared

Round 2, Bracket 3-(Mackormoses) Vs (Sabby)

Winner:Sabby, via drop out

Round 2, Bracket 4-(dynomite) Moves on

Winner:dynomite

Round 3:
(Round 2, Bracket 1 Winner) Vs (La Pared)
Winner:La Pared, due to dq's

(Sabby) Vs (dynomite)
Winner:Dynomite

Finals:
(La Pared) Vs (Dynomite)

WINNER: La Pared

(finals will be the same ruleset, but best 3 out of 5)

Sabby

join the revolutionists for brawl! www.revolutionists.co.nr

HTA!

I will not join, and this should e locked seeing as there is already a tourney thread.
Sorry.

Macawmoses

That is one completely separate tournament, and I stood by allowing as many as three separate tournaments on this board. This would be one, KG's another, and anyone else that can effectively run one may as well. Not everyone gets the chance/may be intimidated/whatever with KG's tourneys.

So, will this get locked? No.

As it is, providing each tourney offers something new, I will charter the rights to another. Also note that this was approved before KG's, meaning, it has = rights.

My Suggestions:
-3 Days to respond
-Items Off
-16 people, 4 Backups
-CounterPick and Legal Stages

La Pared

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Triforce_Luigi

SkyMyl

Is the judge spot still open? I'd like to be one! (Especially since Mack officialized this.)

Linkman

evilflame101

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 04, 2008, 06:02:50 PM
Is the judge spot still open? I'd like to be one! (Especially since Mack officialized this.)

Judging spots are all filled, but we can never have enough judges so i will add you as a 4th, back up judge.

La Pared

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Macawmoses

Might I add that the winner of each section will get a special prize, involving me in some way?

La Pared

Quote from: mackormoses on April 04, 2008, 11:02:19 PM
Might I add that the winner of each section will get a special prize, involving me in some way?
Well anything with you is always special  :-*  \kissass

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Someguy13

I live in Canada. but low enough so that lag isnt much of a problem (Im so far south in canada that if you look at a map the boarder actully goes around where I live) Im on the west coast. Can I still enter?

Macawmoses

Quote from: Someguy13 on April 04, 2008, 11:09:23 PM
I live in Canada. but low enough so that lag isnt much of a problem (Im so far south in canada that if you look at a map the boarder actully goes around where I live) Im on the west coast. Can I still enter?
I don't see why not, I am from Canada too.