<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The OFFICIAL (Yes, official) SSBB Glitch Experiment thread! *Possible spoilers*

Started by Shujinco2, April 07, 2008, 01:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Quote from: wiiboychris on May 05, 2008, 05:12:02 PM
Quote from: red7js on May 05, 2008, 05:04:03 PM
Here's a glitch my friend found.  If you're fighting on Bridge of Eldin, and are Jigglypuff, and break the smash ball, wait until the brige starts to come back.  Right as the portal appears, go into the gap and use the final smash.  Perfomed at the right time, and you will be Perma-giga Jiggly!

There are also various glitches with moving platforms that go up and down on stage builder.  Like the teleport one and the invisible wall one.  I might need to get video to do so, but I don't have good enough of a camera!
THAT was the first glitch of the glitches and most everyone who has internet knows that.
*Covers his eyes with his stocking cap in shame*

My, my period of inactivity really made me miss out on a lot...
meh

SkyMyl

Quote from: Shujinco on May 05, 2008, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: Olimar on May 04, 2008, 05:37:42 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 28, 2008, 01:33:15 PM
A "bud" of mine once said:

QuoteBumping tis a disgrace, my friend. Bump only when there's an update.

Here's a thought, Shujinco. Dragoon Parts and Snake's FS: Can you use them at the same time? Like when one player uses Snake's FS, and another gets the Dragoon Parts. Will it work?
I believe something contradicts that. Sakurai said something in the Brawl Trivia.

Alright, no, it won't.

Tried it in training, if Snake is Smash-ified, no more than two dragoon parts will appear. If you spawn all three Dragoon parts, then a Smash Ball, the Dragoon parts will disappear, and vice versa. And straight from Brawl Trivia.

"Once all three Dragoon Parts appear on screen, no Smash Balls will appear until you?ve removed them from play."
Alright then, let's try THAT, getting all the dragoon parts AND a smash ball on the field at the same time!

Think you guys are up to it?

And I really don't know how we would start that one off. :D Any ideas?
Olimar is right. No more than 2 Dragoon parts appear.

Shaleblade

Quote from: Shaleblade on May 05, 2008, 03:05:07 PM
Hey, I found a new glitch!

When playing as Olimar on a  custom stage (the futuristic type), if you throw pikmin at the base of the platform part that looks like this:

----\
       \
      |
      |     
      |     
      |   
      |
       \

(It's one of the special pieces)
The pikmin spin and spin, and never land. They only go away when you die.
Sorry I couldn't give better detail D:.

Phantom123

Another short custom glitch. If you're in a box on a custom stage with at least one pair of diagonal boxes (Connected by corners only), at around 300%, if smashing and bouncing enough, you can squeeze through, meaning cage-fights with uneven floors CAN end.

Shujinco2

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on May 05, 2008, 05:49:23 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on May 05, 2008, 01:27:32 PM
Quote from: Olimar on May 04, 2008, 05:37:42 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 28, 2008, 01:33:15 PM
A "bud" of mine once said:

QuoteBumping tis a disgrace, my friend. Bump only when there's an update.

Here's a thought, Shujinco. Dragoon Parts and Snake's FS: Can you use them at the same time? Like when one player uses Snake's FS, and another gets the Dragoon Parts. Will it work?
I believe something contradicts that. Sakurai said something in the Brawl Trivia.

Alright, no, it won't.

Tried it in training, if Snake is Smash-ified, no more than two dragoon parts will appear. If you spawn all three Dragoon parts, then a Smash Ball, the Dragoon parts will disappear, and vice versa. And straight from Brawl Trivia.

"Once all three Dragoon Parts appear on screen, no Smash Balls will appear until you?ve removed them from play."
Alright then, let's try THAT, getting all the dragoon parts AND a smash ball on the field at the same time!

Think you guys are up to it?

And I really don't know how we would start that one off. :D Any ideas?
Olimar is right. No more than 2 Dragoon parts appear.
You apparently aren't very familiar with glitches! ;)

You see, glitches bypass the physics (or other, in some cases.) of the game. A floor that was previously un-pass-through-able, because of a glitch, makes that un-pass-through-able floor now pass-through-able!

Also, glitches are found in a VERY versitile arrangement of events, from doing something BEFORE your actually supposed to do it, walking in a certain way, throwing something at a certain other something, doing something while trying to do something else, or even getting to a certain spot/level! Some of the simpilist glitches soetimes have the most complex way of doing it, and vice versa!

So I don't want to hear a result proving it wrong after ONE trial! That's just not how expirimentation works!

Shujinco2

Quote from: Phantom123 on May 05, 2008, 06:28:07 PM
Another short custom glitch. If you're in a box on a custom stage with at least one pair of diagonal boxes (Connected by corners only), at around 300%, if smashing and bouncing enough, you can squeeze through, meaning cage-fights with uneven floors CAN end.
Could I get a "visual aide" to go with this glitch? ::)

Phantom123

Quote from: Shujinco on May 06, 2008, 01:05:10 PM

I could try and take a replay. I dunno how exactly I did it, it's one of those things that just happened. I'll try and get a replay, and if I do, I'll send it over after an FC trade.

Mutilator7

SkyMyl

Quote from: Shaleblade on May 05, 2008, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: Shaleblade on May 05, 2008, 03:05:07 PM
Hey, I found a new glitch!

When playing as Olimar on a  custom stage (the futuristic type), if you throw pikmin at the base of the platform part that looks like this:

----\
       \
      |
      |     
      |     
      |   
      |
       \

(It's one of the special pieces)
The pikmin spin and spin, and never land. They only go away when you die.
Sorry I couldn't give better detail D:.
They landed on it and came back to me.

Upload the stage it happened on and we'll test it out.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Phantom123 on May 08, 2008, 03:59:36 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on May 06, 2008, 01:05:10 PM

I could try and take a replay. I dunno how exactly I did it, it's one of those things that just happened. I'll try and get a replay, and if I do, I'll send it over after an FC trade.
LOL, No wifi. :P

Jono2

dedede can spawn dragoon parts if he wants to by inputting the right codes in the gamepad when throwing a waddle dee.

it's old, dunno if it's known around here.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Mutilator7

Quote from: Jono2 on May 09, 2008, 03:45:45 PM
dedede can spawn dragoon parts if he wants to by inputting the right codes in the gamepad when throwing a waddle dee.

I gotta try that

Macawmoses

Ya, which brings me to the point.....could he spawn them with a Smash Ball out?

SkyMyl

Quote from: mackormoses on May 10, 2008, 10:10:13 AM

Ya, which brings me to the point.....could he spawn them with a Smash Ball out?
I smell loophole!