News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Do you feel that one of the characters shouldn't be in the game?

Started by Kilroy, April 10, 2008, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy

For me, it feels like both Snake and Sonic just don't fit in there...

Don't get me wrong, I play as Snake myself, but he just doesn't FEEL right...
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Zora Link

snakes jump is..............yea... XD
Frankly, I think R.O.B. shouldn't be there.
I unserstand why they put him there now with today's update, but I just don't see R.O.B. as a fighter...
Just doesn't fit for me.

Gwen Khan

Shujinco2

Your right, Snake seems like more out of place than Pokemon Trainer, ROB and Mr. Game and Watch combined. :-\

However, the one I feel is out of place the MOST is Dedede. :-\ I don't know why, but when I play as him, he just seems...really weird to use. :-\

SkyMyl

At first, Sonic. Then it started to grow on me.
Then Pokemon Trainer. It's just WHAT!? The Trainer in SSB who does nothing (Seems out of place in SSE.)! But it grew on me again...just another excuse for 3 in 1.
R.O.B. It made no sense at first, and still doesn't. But I like playing as him. So I have no issues.

But to Olimar, it feels as though he shouldn't be in this game. Why? His Pikmin system is too complicated.

There, I fixed it Olimar. HAPPY NOW!? >:(

Gwen Khan

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 10, 2008, 01:38:32 PM
Then Pokemon Trainer. It's just WHAT!? The Trainer in SSB who does nothing (Seems out of place in SSE.)! But it grew on me again...just another excuse for 3 in 1.
R.O.B. It made no sense at first, and still doesn't. But I like playing as him. So I have no issues.

But Olimar, I feel as though he shouldn't be in this game. Why? Unlike Pokemon Trainer, he has -99 fighting potential. He's hard to use, and he's bigger than he's supposed to be. Isacc or Simon Belmont should've taken his place.

so is Jiggypuff, Kirby, and Pikachu what's the point?

Jono2

ROB, because he's a blight on nintendo's history, not a shining star.

also, Ganondorf, because he doesn't get a unique moveset. :|

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Jono2 on April 10, 2008, 01:44:32 PM

a blight? if I remember he helped to revive video games after the whole ET thing, but he didn't deserve to be playable

WiinolikePS3

Sonic.

If they were going to put in characters like him, why the heck couldn't they put a Megaman in? It's essentially the same thing.

Besides, Sonic... just doesn't fit in with the other people. I'm getting more used to seeing Snake, he doesn't seem as awkward, but Sonic... I can just never get used to that guy.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on April 10, 2008, 01:44:14 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 10, 2008, 01:38:32 PM

But Olimar, I feel as though he shouldn't be in this game. Why? Unlike Pokemon Trainer, he has -99 fighting potential. He's hard to use, and he's bigger than he's supposed to be. Isacc or Simon Belmont should've taken his place.

so is Jiggypuff, Kirby, and Pikachu what's the point?

1: Jigglypuff and Pikachu are Pokemon MINUS the trainer, with all moves and instinct included.
2: Kirby has all sorts of abilities on his belt...I mean, stomach. He has Hammer, Final Cutter, Rock, Yo-Yo/Burning, Spin, and more. Plus he's a Star Warrior (In the Anime.).

3: None of them have a complicated system.

Quote from: Commissar Torgo on April 10, 2008, 01:47:10 PM

a blight? if I remember he helped to revive video games after the whole ET thing, but he didn't deserve to be playable

Shhh! We will not acknowledge that game's existence.

Jono2

yes, ROB is a blight.  Video games never died in Japan (hell, they were hardly affected by the western crash), and would have eventually made their way overseas regardless of ROB.  ROB started Nintendo's habit of making people buy countless peripherals that really shouldn't be needed for games.  It worked the first time they tried it, why not all the others?  Now quite a few companies follow nintendo's example of releasing useless hardware that can only be used for a couple of games, and is otherwise completely worthless.

Also, his games were absolute garbage, and he broke incredibly easily.

and people still buy that poop over and over again.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Jono2 on April 10, 2008, 01:59:05 PM

yes, ROB is a blight.  Video games never died in Japan (hell, they were hardly affected by the western crash), and would have eventually made their way overseas regardless of ROB.  ROB started Nintendo's habit of making people buy countless peripherals that really shouldn't be needed for games.  It worked the first time they tried it, why not all the others?  Now quite a few companies follow nintendo's example of releasing useless hardware that can only be used for a couple of games, and is otherwise completely worthless.

Also, his games were absolute garbage, and he broke incredibly easily.

and people still buy that s*** over and over again.
Consider this: He's still popular and people want him to fill their collection of Nintendo accessories.

R.O.B discussion is irrelevant to this board.

DededeCloneChris

Jono2

just because people want it for their collection doesn't mean it's popular.  it was a worthless piece of crap, and the only reason they would want one is because they would be collecting every piece of Nintendo merchandise ever, which is made harder because of all the poop that was spawned because of ROB.

RevolutionSoldier

Me I don't play as snake or sonic but I welcome them to brawl. I think that jigglepuff should not be in the game.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.