News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Do you feel that one of the characters shouldn't be in the game?

Started by Kilroy, April 10, 2008, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Jono2

Quote from: Ridley on April 11, 2008, 09:08:33 AM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 11, 2008, 09:04:06 AM
Quote from: Java_Java on April 11, 2008, 09:01:53 AM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 11, 2008, 08:56:56 AM
Quote from: Ridley on April 11, 2008, 08:56:02 AM
Was this thread just here to bash my main? :|
Who? R.O.B? Olimar? Sonic?
R.O.B
No, it just started with R.O.B, then evolved into bashing all forms of R.O.B period.

:| Would you like a match with me?

as good as you may be with ROB, it doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be in the game before many other deserving representatives. :|

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

SkyMyl

R.O.B
No, it just started with R.O.B, then evolved into bashing all forms of R.O.B period.

Who? Me?

I'm the only one who hasn't bashed R.O.B!

Lotos

ITT, we BAWWWWWWW over how R.O.B. got in over the characters we wanted in.  Suck it all up.  I'm over it.  I still dislike how TL got in, but I'm not bashing him like you all are doing to R.O.B.  His role in SSE justifies his part, I hope no one needed the update to even remotely understand that.

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 11, 2008, 11:24:57 AM

Not anymore...

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 10, 2008, 05:34:48 PM
ROB and Wolf.

One didn't deserve to be in at all, and another is a clone, and I don't care how powerful he is.  :|

Is someone mad that R.O.B. got in over Nook ::)  C'mon, I can easily think of a Moveset for Nook, but I can still say R.O.B.'s would be more interesting compared to that.

Quote from: darklink140 on April 10, 2008, 08:35:47 PM
I think that ROB shouldn't have been in the game.  I mean, he's a good character and all, but he was just...random in the roster.

No offense to those ROB users out there.  He's an awesome character.  Just...random.

Someone didn't pay attention to the SSE plot if you think he was random...

Quote from: JNeedForSpeed2014 on April 11, 2008, 08:21:22 AM
Ice Climbers. BIG WHOOP!!!!!!! 1 GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    >:(

I can just as easily bash FE.  Not a lot of people knew about that series in North America until Melee.  It's all advertising.  Ice Climbers and Pit could be considered a way to get you to buy their games on the VC (I know I bought the NES Classic GBA Ice Climber game and Kid Icarus on the VC).

Hey, someone's not complaining about Pit, yet he harps on Ice Climbers   :-\

Honestly, Toon Link.  That one just mad me off.  Now that I think of it, Sakurai says "no clones".  We get:

Removal of Dr. Mario - No similar replacment
Removal of Pichu - No similar replacment
Removal of Roy - Replaced with Ike
Removal of Young Link - Replaced with TL
Removal of Mewtwo - Replaced with Lucario

To fill in those gaps, we get Lucas and Wolf.  Luigi and Mario get altered movesets (Mario's B-Down, Luigi's B + Up/Down/Side all get tweaked).  Falco's reflector gets kicked, some people like it, but now I prefer Fox or Wolf.  Gannon is still a clone, despite the taunts.  Lucas is slightly stronger than Ness IMO, and we ALL know Ike's more powerful than Marth.  Marth's B was altered.  What have I missed?

Shujinco2

Quote from: Lotos on April 11, 2008, 12:45:21 PM
ITT, we BAWWWWWWW over how R.O.B. got in over the characters we wanted in.  Suck it all up.  I'm over it.  I still dislike how TL got in, but I'm not bashing him like you all are doing to R.O.B.  His role in SSE justifies his part, I hope no one needed the update to even remotely understand that.

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 11, 2008, 11:24:57 AM

Not anymore...

Never has been. :P

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 10, 2008, 05:34:48 PM
ROB and Wolf.

One didn't deserve to be in at all, and another is a clone, and I don't care how powerful he is.  :|

Is someone mad that R.O.B. got in over Nook ::)  C'mon, I can easily think of a Moveset for Nook, but I can still say R.O.B.'s would be more interesting compared to that.

Nook would have been cool! :'(

I think that ROB shouldn't have been in the game.  I mean, he's a good character and all, but he was just...random in the roster.

No offense to those ROB users out there.  He's an awesome character.  Just...random.

Someone didn't pay attention to the SSE plot if you think he was random...

In the ROSTER, he was random. In the story, he was not.

I can just as easily bash FE.  Not a lot of people knew about that series in North America until Melee.  It's all advertising.  Ice Climbers and Pit could be considered a way to get you to buy their games on the VC (I know I bought the NES Classic GBA Ice Climber game and Kid Icarus on the VC).

And what about G&W? He's only based on a group of vague characters. Technically, hasn't been in a single game other than Meelee.

Honestly, Toon Link.  That one just mad me off.  Now that I think of it, Sakurai says "no clones".  We get:

Removal of Dr. Mario - No similar replacment
Removal of Pichu - No similar replacment
Removal of Roy - Replaced with Ike
Removal of Young Link - Replaced with TL
Removal of Mewtwo - Replaced with Lucario

To fill in those gaps, we get Lucas and Wolf.  Luigi and Mario get altered movesets (Mario's B-Down, Luigi's B + Up/Down/Side all get tweaked).  Falco's reflector gets kicked, some people like it, but now I prefer Fox or Wolf.  Gannon is still a clone, despite the taunts.  Lucas is slightly stronger than Ness IMO, and we ALL know Ike's more powerful than Marth.  Marth's B was altered.  What have I missed?

Lotos

Quote from: Shujinco on April 11, 2008, 01:07:18 PM

And what about G&W? He's only based on a group of vague characters. Technically, hasn't been in a single game other than Meelee.

Wrong.  Not counting the Game & Watch's, he has been in a Game and Watch Gallery series for the GB-GBA (three games, but still, not just one game ported- but they can't do that with G&W or they'd lose money :D).  I personally own W&WG 3 and 4 and they were fun to play *hint Nintendo*bringacompletecollectiontotheDSwhilewe'reonthatadvertisingsubject*hint*

Also, I would have loved Nook to be in, I just had to stick up for R.O.B. there.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Lotos on April 11, 2008, 01:13:34 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on April 11, 2008, 01:07:18 PM

Wrong.  Not counting the Game & Watch's, he has been in a Game and Watch Gallery series for the GB-GBA (three games, but still, not just one game ported- but they can't do that with G&W or they'd lose money :D).  I personally own W&WG 3 and 4 and they were fun to play *hint Nintendo*bringacompletecollectiontotheDSwhilewe'reonthatadvertisingsubject*hint*

Also, I would have loved Nook to be in, I just had to stick up for R.O.B. there.
Oh, yes, forgot about the Gallery games. :-\

Shaleblade

Ridley

Quote from: Jono2 on April 11, 2008, 11:20:05 AM
R.O.B

as good as you may be with ROB, it doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't be in the game before many other deserving representatives. :|

Such as Ridley but as you can see I'm over it.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

SkyMyl

Quote from: Shaleblade on April 12, 2008, 04:26:54 PM
Falco.
WE DON'T NEED 3 FOX CLONES.
And Falco>Falco.
Fixed. WOLF is the one that's really redundant, seeing as Falco came in second before Wolf in SSB appearances.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Ridley on April 12, 2008, 05:53:24 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on April 11, 2008, 11:20:05 AM
R.O.B

Such as Ridley but as you can see I'm over it.
I still cry over the absence of Mr. Namco and Classic Mario. :'(

.:DL:.

Quote from: wiiboychris on April 10, 2008, 08:42:06 PM

Sorry to say this to you.

But in Smash, everything is random.

Hm...you got me there.

Okay, he's the MOST random.

Shaleblade

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 12, 2008, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: Shaleblade on April 12, 2008, 04:26:54 PM
Falco.
WE DON'T NEED 3 FOX CLONES.
And Wolf>Falco.
Fixed. WOLF is the one that's really redundant, seeing as Falco came in second before Wolf in SSB appearances.
Hah. Falco is almost completely identical to Fox. Wolf has some outstanding differences that makes it matter which one you choose :/.