Underrated characters

Started by Ridley, May 15, 2008, 07:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

YEAH

Someguy13

Quote from: Phaze on May 15, 2008, 08:26:14 PM
KIRBY!

I've never seen any other Kirby users... (At least, none that were GOOD)

And Kirby is one of the best chracters :(
I have a pretty decent Kirby.

Someguy13

Quote from: QingXin on August 08, 2008, 06:28:47 PM
Quote from: tibar21 on August 08, 2008, 03:19:56 PM
are you kidding when snake uses his to get back up to the edge you just grab him and throw him back over the edge. Pit's leaves him vulnrable to all kinds of attacks even though he can go really far with it. but ROB's doesn't really have a weakness.
Ummm... What? Snake's recovery is amazing. And if Cypher does fail for any reason, he can easily C4 recover, which is pretty good.

Pit has the best recovery. I have really no idea where you're getting that it's less than great.
Meta-knights recovery>Pits
MK can glide twice to pits once and if you take any kind of dammage as you use Pits up-b you cant use it again like a normal one.

tibar21

don't u guys know the technique for when snake uses his cypher you grab him right at the edge when he tries to get back up, and then the cypher hits you, causing you to let of snake. and snake will be unable to use it again after that, leading him to a falling death. it's very easy to do. yes, pit's recovery is pretty much the best in the game, but he's vulnable while he uses it. If he was was trying to get back on the edge you could easily meteor smash him. that's why its nice how zsamus's recovery move can prevent other players from edge hogging and cling on to the edge in one. the only thing that can stop it is if the other player manages to get to the edge before her tether.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

JrDude

but ROB's ^B doesn't really have a weakness.
If you overuse it like Ridley does/did that one time, then it does have a weakness.
He could've edge grabbed but decided just to fly up next to the edge to the stage, all I did was Luigi's B and it knocked him down, and it all repeated, eventually he ran out of ^B juice and died.

Quote from: QingXin on August 08, 2008, 04:58:01 AM
Quote from: JrDude on August 07, 2008, 09:52:45 PM
Some of you said that an edge guarding would prevent ZSS from recovering. Well a while ago, on a "With anyone" match, someone tried to edge guard my recovery, they did it a little early so when I used ^B, it pulled him off into an instant death while I succesfully recovered.
How did you successfully recover? As an avid Zero Suit Samus user, I've seen that and done that many times, and it's almost impossible to recover after doing it. Yeah, you almost instantly KO your opponent, but you still don't recover >_> It's sort of a trump card, I guess.

Besides, if you successfully recovered, how did you hit them with the Plasma Wire? It only hits when it doesn't snap onto the ledge, but to recover, it does snap on the ledge, so you're kinda contradicting yourself :|

I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're saying, though.
If that's so, then IDK, but it did happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

QingXin

Quote from: tibar21 on August 08, 2008, 07:23:45 PM
don't u guys know the technique for when snake uses his cypher you grab him right at the edge when he tries to get back up, and then the cypher hits you, causing you to let of snake. and snake will be unable to use it again after that, leading him to a falling death. it's very easy to do. yes, pit's recovery is pretty much the best in the game, but he's vulnable while he uses it. If he was was trying to get back on the edge you could easily meteor smash him. that's why its nice how zsamus's recovery move can prevent other players from edge hogging and cling on to the edge in one. the only thing that can stop it is if the other player manages to get to the edge before her tether.
That's not necessarily a "technique" as much as it is a "tactic". And any Snake player will easily recover back from that with a C4 recovery...

HTA!

Snake getting stuck under FD is one of the only joys I find in fighting him :p

Nayrman

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on August 08, 2008, 08:45:18 PM
the only thing I hate about FD...
It's amazing when you play good players you notice how fundamentally flawed so many of the stages and characters are XD

QingXin

Quote from: Nayrman on August 09, 2008, 11:44:46 AM
It's amazing when you play good players you notice how fundamentally flawed so many of the stages and characters are XD
The next FD should just be round at the bottom. No lips, just a round bottom and flat top. Basically a bowl.

That would be win.

Nayrman

Quote from: QingXin on August 09, 2008, 12:51:40 PM
The next FD should just be round at the bottom. No lips, just a round bottom and flat top. Basically a bowl.

That would be win.
Or how about just a plain old platform? XD

QingXin

Quote from: Nayrman on August 09, 2008, 12:53:41 PM
Quote from: QingXin on August 09, 2008, 12:51:40 PM

That would be win.
Or how about just a plain old platform? XD
But with a bowl, you can ride up the side with certain recoveries, like Dolphin Slash... You'd never get caught unless you were at the dead bottom of the bowl :|

Fatmanonice

Definately Mario. He's a character that's pretty much average and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses but most people are afraid to use him. Videos like this show that he is capible of great things if you take the time to learn him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rP00yE9pyY

I hope to be part of the next video which will probably be made sometime later this year.

tollhouse2006

Quote from: Someguy13 on August 08, 2008, 07:14:28 PM
are you kidding when snake uses his to get back up to the edge you just grab him and throw him back over the edge. Pit's leaves him vulnrable to all kinds of attacks even though he can go really far with it. but ROB's doesn't really have a weakness.
Ummm... What? Snake's recovery is amazing. And if Cypher does fail for any reason, he can easily C4 recover, which is pretty good.

Pit has the best recovery. I have really no idea where you're getting that it's less than great.
MK can glide twice to pits once and if you take any kind of dammage as you use Pits up-b you cant use it again like a normal one.
Why would you say Meta Knights is better.  Meta's has less control and Pit can freakin go under every stage and grab onto the other side without a sweat.
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

JrDude

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on August 11, 2008, 05:59:30 PM
Quote from: Someguy13 on August 08, 2008, 07:14:28 PM

Why would you say Meta Knights is better.  Meta's has less control and Pit can freakin go under every stage and grab onto the other side without a sweat.
'cause Meta Knights can be done twice. And I think it's just as easy to go under every stage and grab the other side with Meta Knight AND Pit.
[move][/move]
Dude .

tibar21

Pit is better at gliding than meta knight is. pit has a better recovery move than meta knight. you don't know what ur talking about.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746