News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Who, in your opinion, will get top tier in an "official" tier list?

Started by Kilroy, May 18, 2008, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

HTA!

La Pared

I play as Kirby. I'm not one of those morons that you described lol. But I can tell you that Kirby is about Middle Tier. But that does not mean he sucks. (no pun intended)

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Dawei

Quote from: Olimar on May 19, 2008, 02:46:15 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on May 18, 2008, 11:02:02 PM
Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 18, 2008, 07:18:41 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on May 18, 2008, 07:02:55 PM
If I were to take a guess, I would say Sonic, Olimar, or Diddy Kong (Sonic because his FS is so deadly)
Lol... FS's do not count towards Tier placement.
*Discards Wario-Man*
Really?
Yes, because an official tier list will be made up of a board of 35 "that guy"s who each play and only play as one character from Brawl, and they will argue about who deserves top spot etc.

Because all those crazy ass people think Brawl is better without items.
That's because it is.

Playat

As La Pared has stated, Kirby is middle-queertier. I play as Kirby as well and does not suck

Also MetaKnight, Zelda, Snake, Lucas, Olimar, Marth and Ganondorf should be top-tier while Sonic, R.O.B, Luigi, Samus would be high to middle tier

No word on the other characters. None of them are useless

Dawei

Quote from: PLAYAT on May 19, 2008, 02:47:37 PM
As La Pared has stated, Kirby is middle-queertier. I play as Kirby as well and does not suck

Also MetaKnight, Zelda, Snake, Lucas, Olimar, Marth and Ganondorf should be top-tier while Sonic, R.O.B, Luigi, Samus would be high to middle tier

I lol'd at the bolds.

HTA!

Quote from: Dawei on May 19, 2008, 03:06:14 PM

I lol'd at the bolds.
Ganondorf and Sonic >_<

Really Playat, are you sure?

-_-

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hector_the_Axe on May 19, 2008, 04:22:18 PM

I lol'd at the bolds.
Ganondorf and Sonic >_<

-_-
Let him be, he just sees many players who does this:

"ZOMG! IT'S SONIC! LETS USE HIM AND SURELY I'LL WIN!"

Playat

I lol'd at the bolds.
Ganondorf and Sonic >_<

-_-

Whats wrong with Ganondorf and Sonic? They seems alright..... :-\

Dawei

Quote from: PLAYAT on May 19, 2008, 08:04:00 PM

I lol'd at the bolds.
Ganondorf and Sonic >_<

-_-

Gdorf is too slow, and has a horrible recovery. No matter how much power, there needs to be speed.
Sonic is somewhat the opposite. He has all the speed in the world, but no good killing moves. They do stick together in the recovery thing, though Sonic's is better. I can go on if needed.

Playat

Quote from: Dawei on May 19, 2008, 08:06:02 PM

I lol'd at the bolds.
Ganondorf and Sonic >_<

-_-

Gdorf is too slow, and has a horrible recovery. No matter how much power, there needs to be speed.
Sonic is somewhat the opposite. He has all the speed in the world, but no good killing moves. They do stick together in the recovery thing, though Sonic's is better. I can go on if needed.

Yes. I know Gdorf's recovery suck. Thats why I stay on the ground most of the time when I'm playing as him.
Sonic's recovery is, indeed, better but it does leave him open for a spiking when timing your spike attack.

Please go on

Dawei

I'll start with Gdorf, and probably do Sonic when I'm a bit less tired and can explain my points better.

Ganon, like stated, has bad recovery. As it works, it can get caught under stages somewhat easily as well, and when he isn't, he often goes right past the ledge, meaning easy edgeguarding because of how predictable it is. Staying with the air game (somewhat), he moves though the air somewhat slowly, leading to easy juggling, which isn't helped by his somewhat large size. He also has pretty poor jumps, so he can have trouble pulling off his already lag heavy (in either landing or start up) aerials. As for the ground, he has the 2nd slowest dashing speed in the game, and he has slow rolling, plus a lot of moves of his have long start up time, and since this isn't street fighter, that can be a bit of an issue.
Good enough?

Playat

Quote from: Dawei on May 19, 2008, 09:30:23 PM
I'll start with Gdorf, and probably do Sonic when I'm a bit less tired and can explain my points better.

Ganon, like stated, has bad recovery. As it works, it can get caught under stages somewhat easily as well, and when he isn't, he often goes right past the ledge, meaning easy edgeguarding because of how predictable it is. Staying with the air game (somewhat), he moves though the air somewhat slowly, leading to easy juggling, which isn't helped by his somewhat large size. He also has pretty poor jumps, so he can have trouble pulling off his already lag heavy (in either landing or start up) aerials. As for the ground, he has the 2nd slowest dashing speed in the game, and he has slow rolling, plus a lot of moves of his have long start up time, and since this isn't street fighter, that can be a bit of an issue.
Good enough?

Alright alright I get it now. So Gdorf should be in the low-tier. I'm still maining him anyway. His recovery just needs a little work :P but what about other characters like Wolf, Dedede and Ike? :-\

Nayrman

Quote from: Olimar on May 18, 2008, 02:59:56 PM
I'm really thinking that either Toon Link or Snake will be top tier. I can't say who will be bottom tier, because I've seen everyone's power in the game except Sonic (Yes, I need to battle yeh Nayrman >_> ).
I've got nothing to do this week, so I'll be on later.
But yea I think Meta, Snake, and possibly either Wolf or Toon Link (depending on how their stats come out).
Bottom tier, Yoshi DK and BOwser, the usual suspects.
Hopefully Sonic will be upper tier, but w/e. I'm still going to use him.
BTW, do you have a lot of lag or not much? That's a big factor on how well I do with Sonic (lol, Sawnik is too fast for teh internetz!)

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on May 19, 2008, 08:06:02 PM

I lol'd at the bolds.
Ganondorf and Sonic >_<

-_-

Lack of "killing" moves isn't too big a deal if you become a good chaser/arial launcher. His forward and back airs can kill at around 100% as long as you knock them off the stage and do a REALLY quick chase. It's how I usually get all my kills as Sonic. Speed tops power because there are always more ways to take advantage of speed than power.

And Playat, (or whomever said Sonic's recovery is an easy target), his recovery isn't an easy target. You can hang out below the stage for an insanely long time before having to use the spring which throws off many people's timing....at least in my experience anyway X_X;;